Three Days of the Condor - FINISHED....THE CONDOR FILE

Mr Webber

Master Member
The thing i dig about this hobby is the different ways it allows to celebrate my favorite movies and after dusting this old DVD off last nught got to thinking about some different props etc that could be put together. The first thing id like is Jouberts hat and glasses. Very cool if not benchmark assasin.

View attachment 73140 View attachment 73141

Theres a few good paper props to be made. The initial hit file would be tricky to put together as a whole but im sure that picture of Redford is a publicity still and gettable, can fake the others.

View attachment 73142 View attachment 73143 View attachment 73144 View attachment 73145 View attachment 73146

Condors CIA file looks fairly straightforward.

View attachment 73147 View attachment 73148 View attachment 73149

Condors, Wicks, Higgins and Wabash ID`s would all be unique items and not to hard to replicate.

View attachment 73150 View attachment 73151 View attachment 73152

The weapons used in the movie are all icons, just missing the MAC

View attachment 73153 View attachment 73154 View attachment 73155 View attachment 73156 View attachment 73167

This is a great movie with a strong cast and sweet dialog, one for the CONSPIRACY theorists. Feel FREE to add anything.

Last edited:
Re: Three Days of the Condor - It will happen this way........

I love this movie! It is one of the best "spy" thrillers. I would love to see it updated though.

"...a becoming smile."

Love that line and the movie.

Besides what' you've mentioned, if you got the Mac-10, perhaps you'd need the postal carrier bag for it as well?

Totally. Until someone makes a plastic MAC though i will never have one.
Theres an idea, hey someone, make a resin MAC-10 please. Oh, and both the EFNY and Condor silencers.

Totally. Until someone makes a plastic MAC though i will never have one.
Theres an idea, hey someone, make a resin MAC-10 please. Oh, and both the EFNY and Condor silencers.

Well, unlike most weapons, you could probably fabricate a wood version with a little effort. It is mostly straight edges.

Though I wouldn't want to thwart the efforts of someone to do a resin version.

And aren't the silencers similar, if not the same?

I think the base of the Condor silencer is a little wider Randy, will have to double check.
Wood might just get the job done, nice. Will wait for a little longer on the resin version for a while though, more detail i think.

The small figure is a CHASSEURS I think. They were french cavalry and wore their dress coat with one arm only, kind of weird. I will try to look up and see if I can find the figure.

thomas;)

i have a plastic mac 10, just a cheap bb version i picked up from a local store for £12.99 was almost identicle to this one but mine was orange to start with Mac 10 Airsoft BB Gun less effort than trying to make one out of wood?

i have a plastic mac 10, just a cheap bb version i picked up from a local store for £12.99 was almost identicle to this one but mine was orange to start with Mac 10 Airsoft BB Gun less effort than trying to make one out of wood?

And it would be fairly easy to make a cheap replica of the silencer to go along with it.

thomas;)

You bet, though i have kinda got really fond of a good resin replica, i have metal replicas and they are good for the feel but not the price. I am surprised no one has dipped their MAC 10, in plastic, i would think there is a demand for them.

Last edited:

Plugging away at the Condor files. Plan to have two, one based on the one seen in the movie and a second, post movie kind of vague CIA post Condor file. Heres some of the pics ive started to put together for the second file. Theres a Redford ID courtesy of stromo, unreal Stu, and some other stuff on the way.

View attachment 74644

Really hopeing that someone can help me out with the actual file brand. I cant find this style of folder anywhere using any traditional method so if anyone can identify it or even better, have access to two of them that they would part with, i would be in your debt.

View attachment 74645 View attachment 74646 View attachment 74647

Im on a prop file kick at the moment and thought this movie was the perfect
basis to try and put my first one together.

Started out by picking out what screen seen items that would work in a "file"
that i could either find or replicate The first thing to start it off is the folder
that Higgins constantly refers to throughout the film. Searched everywhere to find a similar folder with no result so made one from scratch useing cuecard, cloth tape and paint. The red "classified" sash is courtesy of stromo, who helped me tremendously throughout this project

View attachment 78072View attachment 78073View attachment 78074View attachment 78075

I wanted to have the id`s used in the movie from the start and once again, thanks to
Stu, made the set.

View attachment 78076View attachment 78077View attachment 78078View attachment 78079

The mailman was a goldmine of stuff to put in the file. Found all the items very cheaply on ebay and got the key stamped locally. Im very happy with how the cap badge turned out and Stu once again provided me with the letterhead to copy the note in his pocket.

View attachment 78080View attachment 78081View attachment 78082View attachment 78083View attachment 78084

View attachment 78085View attachment 78086View attachment 78087View attachment 78088View attachment 78089

Took many attempts to copy the freehand drawing Turner made, the apartment scale is still a lttle big but really glad i gave it a go, adds something different. Many thanks to Thomas, Pheonixvader for sending me the exact same fingerprint form as the one on the front page of the Higgins file. It wasnt too difficult to copy the other paper props and the picture that started the idea for a file was Redfords first publicity pic

View attachment 78090View attachment 78091View attachment 78092View attachment 78093View attachment 78094

View attachment 78095View attachment 78096View attachment 78097View attachment 78098View attachment 78099

View attachment 78100View attachment 78101View attachment 78102View attachment 78103

View attachment 78104View attachment 78105

Filled in the blanks by finding some other pictures from cast members and including any that would fit in. Had fun with Von Sydow as his CIA code name is Lucifer 2 so i thought an older pic of him would be cool as his father, known as Lucifer. Finished the file off with a custom dust cover to store it in CIA style. Once again, i cant thank Stu enough for all the help he gave and tremendous work he did for this project. and thanks for the key Jeff.

View attachment 78106View attachment 78107View attachment 78108View attachment 78109View attachment 78110

View attachment 78111View attachment 78112View attachment 78113View attachment 78114View attachment 78115

View attachment 78116View attachment 78117View attachment 78118View attachment 78119View attachment 78120

View attachment 78121View attachment 78122View attachment 78123View attachment 78124View attachment 78125

Great job! I lost my DVD of this movie. I wanted to watch it the other day. This movie is one the best spy movies out there.

I love this movie! I actually ordered the soundtrack a few months back; it has that very 70's vibe to it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back