Three dark knights by Halloween (Pic Heavy)

Here is the second suit. this one has all the armor attached to compression shirt and pants. I screen printed the mesh pattern onto the undersuit. Not as screen accurate but way easier to get in and out of.
1456700_10101512022621565_1248112522_n.jpg

I am going to begin the third suit soon. I did not make the halloween deadline for the last suit. Time to get the molds out again....and i just got them all cleaned up! eventually I want to make my own as well.

I am going to begin the third suit soon. I did not make the halloween deadline for the last suit. Time to get the molds out again....and i just got them all cleaned up! eventually I want to make my own as well.

Which suit for # 3?

Molds? Sounds interesting

Here's mine, the mannequin arrived and wow, that was a PAIN to get the suit onto that without the legs and arms wanting to fall off.

I will have to undo this, wrap up the mannequin in plastic wrap and then get to touching up the many areas the armor is peeling.

Tightening this thing up is challenging, the mesh and undersuit wants to stretch!

gcfx pic.jpg

Which suit for # 3?

Molds? Sounds interesting

I think I am going to do another mesh undersuit. I have about 15 yards of material left and after seeing them both in action the mesh suit moves just fine. Its really strong and looks more movie accurate.

Yes molds. I sculpted and made molds out of all the pieces (except the cowls and belts). I made it so I can make more. I have one more to make for a friend and one for myself.

Each undersuit takes about three yards of mesh.

here is a pic of the gauntlet mold with curing latex

photo 1.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

wow suit looks great!!

I want to make another dark knight suit. Finally finish up the third one. I want the finish on this one to be more of a matte finish. any suggestions. This one is latex painted with plastidip. It looks fine in person but when We used a flash it reflected weird.
I want it to match the urethane cowl better.
Please ignore the saggy legs. we fixed those before we went out.
1380288_10100487709917617_1980343414_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back