Thread No Longer Active

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Thighs Done with Pics! - 5/02

Hey guys. Plan on installing some velcro and binding posts to the back and other areas and will do a suit up tonight of everything I've done so far. So you can see it on a real person instead of a manny.

You got a masterpiece Buddy! Don R should be Proud! I'm Know I'm lovin' It. Keep Building!....

Last edited:
Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Hip Pods Done! - 4/30

Thanks! I kind of agree. I am priming it and painting it a dull silver finish first to wear to a party. After that it will be painted the reg colors.

I used a heavily modified and unfolded version of the pep with a lot of imagination and freehanded techniques. I also commissioned Paul aka robo to mod these files to my specs.

Thanks! I'll try and make a tutorial when I am done the suit. I'll use a simple area as an example of my process.

Thanks. I am a size 36" waist. I stand 6'2" if that helps.

I am going to be wearing it and then selling it. But I'd like to go to some sort of CON nearby.. but I don't know what the good ones are.

Jordan, one of the biggest cons on the East Coast, and one of the bigger ones in the country, is DragonCon. Held every Labor Day weekend in Atlanta, it's a multi-genre con (pretty much anything you can think of, really), and for my wife and I, it's a chance to meet friends from across the country, break out some of our old favorite costumes and hopefully dazzle with some new stuff, and see some of the best costumes and costumers anywhere. Hotel rooms can be tough to come by, at least in the con hotels at this point in time, but IIRC there are still rooms available in the official overflow hotels (a fairly short walk away), and there are other hotels in the area which are neither host nor hotel, and thus probably have more rooms available.

Bring your Iron Man suit, and anything else you've got!

Man I have to say all your hard work is so amazing!!
love the build........hats off brother!!!!

don't worry about going at your own pace Jordan. It so neat and sharp.
it'll pay off in the end man :)

It'll be EPIC

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Hip Pods Done! - 4/30

Jordan, one of the biggest cons on the East Coast, and one of the bigger ones in the country, is DragonCon. Held every Labor Day weekend in Atlanta, it's a multi-genre con (pretty much anything you can think of, really), and for my wife and I, it's a chance to meet friends from across the country, break out some of our old favorite costumes and hopefully dazzle with some new stuff, and see some of the best costumes and costumers anywhere.

I second that - D*Con ROCKS!!! My wife and I (as well as my brother and his wife - from Tampa) attend. We also have about 15-20 rlf that attend from all over the country.

Also, down there in FL is MegaCon in Orlando. It's in Feb, so you're almost a year out from that one rolling around again - but I have several costuming friends that attend that convention every year.

If you attend either of these, DEFINITELY let me know so we can either connect or I can get you in touch with my peeps from the Sunshine State.

Keep up the GREAT work - and let me know how your Plasti Dip experience goes! :thumbsup

Fantastic build, and one I'd like to attempt, but all the little details scare the yell out of me.
Keep going brother!

Awesome man! Loving the look of it so far. Can't wait to see it all finished up! :)

You and I havent seen eye to eye on alot of things, but let me put that aside by being honest:

VERY NICE JOB. Love the detail of it. What kind of foam are you using? what kind of glue?

Got a $$$ budget of how much it's cost you?

Jordan love th' tats an piercings bra!!! I got some tats too. Th' suits lookin awesome as well!!!

I forget how awesome this build is. hopefully you get back to it soon after Thor.

Did some half-assed suit up pics of what I have done thus far. Redid the whole neck area.. using Dancin' Fools with some mods to make it work with ROBO's. I've also remodelled the shoulder and will post new pics of that soon. For now it isn't on me.

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

Photoon2011-07-09at1343.jpg

Photoon2011-07-09at13432.jpg

Photoon2011-07-09at13433.jpg

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Partial Suit Up Pics- 6/09

duuuude. so so awesome. I love how you did the bicep and how it curls up and over your shoulder. That will look awesome and have no gaps when you put the actual shoulder piece on. Very slick bud. Great work

I'm glad your'e back! I was busy this weekend with a passing tournament for my team. Then a graduation. I couldn't film today but will tomorrow morning. Looking good though Dude! Start finishing it.... Delray.

Built a new shoulder bell that I modified to the best of my knowledge in Maya... I will post pictures soon.

Looks AWESOME!!! I love how smooth the curves are and how sharp the edges are on your foam pieces! It's looking GREAT!!! :):thumbsup

Thanks Jon! I can only hope my pieces turn out half as nice as yours due when painted.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back