This is what NECA's elder predator should looks like

moonshadow1

finally got Neca's elder predator in hand this week, kinda disappointed as the head was re-sculpted based on classic Predator's head, which just looks like classic predator's face in every ways, and the body is exactly the same as classic predator's except it was repainted into different colours, so I've changed quite a few spots on this figure according to the movie and now it looks better.
TAKE IT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is't not finished, yet....I'm still working on it, hopelly there will be updates later on

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks alot more screen accurate now. What the HADES did you use that was small enough to make the quills?

gameworkshop‘s “green stuff” clay,just made those small bristles one by one by hand, took me an hour though. Glad that I also make insect specimens sometimes cuz those bristles are huge compare with tiny appendages of a wasp :)

This is a great custom !!!The pics are well do too , Its totally a evil looking pred now.I do picture the elder being a evil killer.

Looked way better indeed! Cheers bro!

Hell the series 3 is still not available in our country and I've been itching on customizing the elder and repainting the hound as well. Lol.

Fantastic job modelling those spines. I would never have the patience.

For those that want an easier way I've made spines on other figures by using a hot glue gun. I don't apply the glue to the actual figures but use a bit of card and carefully stretch small amounts of glue and let it dry then cut them to size and glue them on. If you use a thick(ish) glue it actually covers the gap at the bottom of the spine anyway so you don't have to fill them. The advantage of doing it with glue is that it tends to have some give to it so you don't have to handle with kid gloves.

Fantastic job modelling those spines. I would never have the patience.

For those that want an easier way I've made spines on other figures by using a hot glue gun. I don't apply the glue to the actual figures but use a bit of card and carefully stretch small amounts of glue and let it dry then cut them to size and glue them on. If you use a thick(ish) glue it actually covers the gap at the bottom of the spine anyway so you don't have to fill them. The advantage of doing it with glue is that it tends to have some give to it so you don't have to handle with kid gloves.

or there is another easy way and if you have a Mcfarlane AVP elder, you could try it: go to the local store and find a cheap toothbrush with white hair on them and...... now you must have known what to do next (y)

or there is another easy way and if you have a Mcfarlane AVP elder, you could try it: go to the local store and find a cheap toothbrush with white hair on them and...... now you must have known what to do next (y)

That's a corking idea, I'll have to give that a go. :D

The reason I like to use hot glue is that it tapers slightly.

if you are going to try with toothbrush hairs, try to make some holes with needle on elder’s face first then fit hairs into holes with super glue~

Yeah that's what I was going to do, really is a great idea though, so much so that I had a look in my local pound shop for other stiff bristled brushes of various colours. The nice thing is they have some give so again I wouldn't have to worry about them snapping off in storage etc, thanks for pointing it out. Top Tip. (y)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back