Thinking about a sceletor costume. need help for a good skull mask

EyeofSauron

Master Member
well, doing my war machine, im thinking about different other costumes i want to do, and seeing, that allmost noone has done this, i decided to do a sceletor costume (bad guy from he-man, for those who dont know :) )

so, basicly its a pretty "straight-forward" costume, im going for the oldschool comic look

skeletor-2.jpg

basicly a muscle suit, blue spandex, a black speedo, and some purple cloth sewing for the cowl.

still, im not sure, how to make a good skull mask. sure, i could buy a cheap plastic one, but im rather a perfectionist, so i want this clean

any thoughts on how to do this in a good way?

so far, ive only worked with pep, and cloth, idk if there is a possible pep skull file tho, couldnt find anything yet. and im not sure if its the best way to do it either, because of detail and stuff

cheers
EyeofSauron

Gee. I wonder why he's unemployed :sick:lol

Maybe hit up JtotheP for a possible copy of his Berserk helmet. I don't know that he is even selling, but this could be suited to work beautifully for Skeletor.

100_3466.jpg

I like the foam latex idea and may be a good solution for actual jaw movement.

Funny I see this thread this morning. I was actally cleaning out my garage just last night and found some old pictures from back in the day when I did this costume. Probably around the time the He-Man cartoon first came out, cause I looked to be about 8-9 yrs old. Granted it was a glow in the dark Yellow plastick Skull mask.... but I had high tech electronics I added (a.k.a- sunglasses with an LED in the middle of each lense for light up eyes.) :lol

Now, i'm going to have to snap a pic of the still or scan it to post, just for a good laugh, but a good thread to add it to. Will post when I get home.

Good luck. I think it would be a great costume to do.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back