Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Or he could have been Charles Xavier! :D
He's too suave for... oh hang on Dr X(rated)
Mass Mutant swoon...
He don't need no Mind control with those brows..

20220721_111231.jpg

it could have been a whole other genre :D

Last edited:
I *think* it was in the TNG episode where they pull Scotty out of the transporter, but he tells someone (Geordi?) something like always telling the captain it will take longer and then getting it done quicker. The only thing worse is the underling saying "I'm not a miracle worker!"
First Law of Engineering Club
....We don't talk timescales....
............Brett & Parker..............
...............Deceased.................

...................Right....................

The Shat wears a Wig!
All this time I thought he was just having trouble with his Tribbles :D

I jest of course but the TJ one was Awesome!

No one can convince me that Shatner ever wore a toupee. That manly head of thick hair is consistent and natural looking. Never does it look like some sort of “thing” is stuck to the top of his head.

As a matter of fact, he is the one man whose sheer power of will caused his hairline to shift forward and grow thicker over the years. Amazing!

9E28A0F5-AE42-41F0-8DF1-106D5D82564F.jpeg
549A6E5B-89BF-41F4-85BB-2861EC606025.jpeg
56934349-F402-47F5-B132-4FFD46537C80.jpeg
92A73547-77E4-4E10-A651-334CF34A00D1.jpeg
4F565EE6-645B-49AD-AEBE-8FF3F32EBDA3.jpeg

E6B668FE-C217-493A-B4FF-2A181B459F23.jpeg
C98E8CCC-882A-4E70-A99A-36712F70274E.jpeg

Last edited:
Kids who say and do things they'd never do in real life. How may times do you hear kids talking like adults do, with vocabularies to match, who don't freak out at situations which would have adults pooping their pants?
Or the scene when someone beats the holy heck out of someone, kills them, stands there coming down off that adrenalin high, looks down the hall and there's a kid staring at them, as if that's the third time they'd seen that before breakfast? In real life, a kid would be bugging out, screaming, running away, or crying their eyes out?
I'm sick of kids being written as short adults! Don't any of these screen writers have children? Heck, you don't need a kid to know they don't react like that!

Last edited:
Spielberg actually killed a kid in 'JAWS.'

I've noticed that it usually surprises modern first-time viewers. They totally expect the college girl in the opening scene to get munched, but they are shocked that the kid on the raft dies a few scenes later.

Kids who say and do things they'd never do in real life. How may times do you hear kids talking like adults do, with vocabularies to match, who don't freak out at situations which would have adults popping their pants?
Or the scene when someone beats the holt heck out of someone, kills them, stands there coming down off that adrenalin high, looks down the hall and there's a kid staring at them, as if that's the third time they'd seen that before breakfast? In real life, a kid would be bugging out, screaming, running away, or crying their eyes out?
I'm sick of kids being written as short adults! Don't any of these screen writers have children? Heck, you don't need a kid to know they don't react like that!

I just saw that in a show, which I can't recall. The only thing worse is when the adults are stupid and the kids solve everything. That's kind of become the norm in the last 10 years or so.

The most recent annoyance I saw was when someone needs to take a sample of something (to make an antidote, serum, etc.) and they have a massive amount of sample material, but instead they just take a tiny sample. I watched this stupid movie called Cooties (really don't bother) and the infected chicken nuggets were turning kids into zombies. So the health teacher is going to take a sample to find a cure, and he has a whole pile of chicken nuggets, and he takes one. One.

I just saw that in a show, which I can't recall. The only thing worse is when the adults are stupid and the kids solve everything. That's kind of become the norm in the last 10 years or so.

Don't forget that Star Trek TNG was doing that with Wesley Crusher on an almost weekly basis. The adults were not really stupid but it seemed like only he could solve their problem of the week.

Will Robinson (LIS re-runs) was doing that too...., I’m guessing it’s about perspective and who the show/film/book etc is targeting.
Growing up as a child (at the time, 70’s - 80’s) it pleased me no end, that yeah, we’re as smart or smarter than the grown-ups of the day.
Being a ‘grown-up’ today (!?).....well, it still pleases me that another generation is getting smarter than I’d ever be in ‘real life’.

On screen kid deaths doesn't seem like something I particularly want to see more of in films. At least some of that lower percentage of child deaths in movies likely comes from the reality that adults often will do anything to protect kids including sacrifice themselves, even for a child whose a complete stranger without a moments hesitation.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back