Things you're tired of seeing in movies

But even if you look at the first Avengers movie, you had five heroes up against a planetary invasion. What about Spider-Man or any of the other dozens of heroes that live in New York City where all of this was going on?

Parker wasn't Spiderman yet in The Avengers, so he's out. We saw the Ancient One battling Chitari over by the Sanctum Sanctorum. As you mentioned a lot of things hadn't been introduced yet, so logically, who else is there that has powers already in 2012? Most of the street level heroes like Daredevil would be out of their depth.

The "Hot and charismatic, utterly irresponsible man-child with the one skill that makes him utterly indispensable."

He's a sloppy teenager trapped in a hot hunk's body. He doesn't know the word responsibility, but he has a skill that makes him world class and therefore everyone hates him, but they can't fire him because he's better than everyone else put together His relationships always go sour because he's volatile and unstable. But he has a heart of gold and always gets the girl and gets to keep his job because of some crazy heroic stunts to save the day ...

Here's one..
You go to see a Marvel stand alone movie about an individual character and six minutes in half the Marvel Universe turn up..

The OG Iron man film and Capt America were OK but later entries make it feel like Avengers 75..
And so many characters with only a line or two in the whole movie..

Here's another.. Footsteps on soft surfaces, this happens All the time..

I watched Godzilla vs. Kong, and I realized that I'm really sick of the "Connected Beam." Every time there's a fight between two super-powered people, or wizards, or anything else that shoots energy, there has to be a shot where the beams connect and push against each other. Knock it off.

I haven't seen it. Is it Godzilla vs Meca-Godzilla?

I watched Godzilla vs. Kong, and I realized that I'm really sick of the "Connected Beam." Every time there's a fight between two super-powered people, or wizards, or anything else that shoots energy, there has to be a shot where the beams connect and push against each other. Knock it off.

I watched it a few weeks ago and thought the exact same thing! Yes it's cool, we get it.

I haven't seen it. Is it Godzilla vs Meca-Godzilla?

At some point yes. I don't think I'm giving anything away, because even if you're a casual Godzilla fan, like me, you know what they're building.

That's one of the many problems with modern Hollywood. They only care if it looks cool, they don't care if it makes sense

nathan-fillion-uhm.gif

-----------------------------

1633251255024.jpeg

Nd9GcTx_gQY6ezJ_oKZNBJIcAPO5pKTMju7HWJGqQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Nd9GcRE8HcPg6Ls-fIyeFQGCjbJJei6CzBzQtynnw&usqp=CAU.jpg

diana-jones-and-the-temple-of-doom1-e1418844090916.jpg

bad guys that spontaneously appear and have fully kitted out cars, guns, helicopters etc, to take out the suave British secret agent. How much lead time would be involved in the logistics of getting all the tech to the place, hiring the henchmen, where the suave British secret agent just happened to be and had only decided to be moments before?

I've mentioned it recently, but since I watched another show that did this, they have a car chase with a sports car or super car and somehow the bad guys' tac'd out SUVs somehow keep pace with them!

Not to mention in modern times, I think all Western countries have something like the US "See something, say something" public awareness program to watch for terrorism. So I'd think someone would notice the bad guys planting explosives to take out the secret agent along the streets. Oh and they always know his exact route and have ambushes set.

1. Guns that make noise every single time they are on screen. Especially re-re-cocking sounds.
  2. Characters covered in blood, loudly talking about crime right in front of background characters that seem to be oblivious. For some reason run down gas station attendants seem to be the go-to scene for this now. (Black Widow and a few forgettable Netflix/Amazon movies all did this exact same scene)
  3. Similarly, characters screaming or arguing among background extras that don't even glance over. This makes the background characters feel like NPCs in Free Guy.
  4. Characters chasing someone through a dense residential block of apartments, and somehow the chaser knows every turn to take at full speed even though the person they were chasing was hundreds of feet ahead of them.

1. Similarly, characters screaming or arguing among background extras that don't even glance over. This makes the background characters feel like NPCs in Free Guy.
I think this one is just because of the nature of filmmaking. The director probably doesn't want the extras to start hamming things up and overacting to what's going on so they just tell them to ignore what's going on and pretend like nothing's really going on.

I had the misfortune of watching this film last night, hands down the worst film I've seen since Battlefield Earth!

The guy who looks like he hasn't shaved in exactly 4-5 days and his hair always looks just messed up that it looks like he doesn't care just a little.
It doesn't matter when and where they show him, he always looks the same. As if a girlfriend/wife wouldn't demand he go into the bathroom and shave before, say, a wedding or something important like that.

The guy who looks like he hasn't shaved in exactly 4-5 days and his hair always looks just messed up that it looks like he doesn't care just a little.
It doesn't matter when and where they show him, he always looks the same. As if a girlfriend/wife wouldn't demand he go into the bathroom and shave before, say, a wedding or something important like that.
You just described me.

The funny thing about those kind of characters is that their scruff is always the same in every scene, even when it's been several days and they haven't been in a situation where they could have shaved. These guys always seem to have exactly 1 or 2 days' worth of growth, never any more or any less.

Any time a helicopter appears in a movie, it usually has the sound effects of s UH-1 Iroquois, which is known by most as a "Huey". That has a simple tw0-bladed main rotor, which makes that whump/whump/whump/whump sound. Helicopters with more blades make more of a purring sound. Especially ones like Blackhawks or Hind attack choppers, they make a whirring sound.
It drives me nuts as I was around choppers all the time in the Army. I can tell you what (and how many) type(s) are coming from a long way off without ever seeing them just from the sound. Most vets can do that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back