Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Elitism is akin of Fascism. You are part of a select few, dictating what you can and cannot watch. And if that Elite tells you that, according to them, these are the only products/movies they consume and that you should, also, consume them...indeed, it would make for an unlivable society!
But this is where we are now. How many people have been badgered into binging whatever insane thing someone they work with has watched, as if the fate of the world depends on it.
There are several series I just never got into but probably should have. SG1, I just never clicked into it. I started watching Game of Thrones, and same thing. Yawn.
But a couple of people at my office darned near had strokes that I didn't spend entire weekends watching whatever flavor of the month they decided was the end-all-be-all.
One, who no longer works with me, I told to go stuff his suggestions...
I don't push shows on others. The only two that people told me I should at least check out that I loved were "Community" and "Corner Gas"

But this is where we are now. How many people have been badgered into binging whatever insane thing someone they work with has watched, as if the fate of the world depends on it.
There are several series I just never got into but probably should have. SG1, I just never clicked into it. I started watching Game of Thrones, and same thing. Yawn.
But a couple of people at my office darned near had strokes that I didn't spend entire weekends watching whatever flavor of the month they decided was the end-all-be-all.
One, who no longer works with me, I told to go stuff his suggestions...
I don't push shows on others. The only two that people told me I should at least check out that I loved were "Community" and "Corner Gas"

I've never understood that, recommend something, brief synopsis, move on.

Why would my enjoyment or lack of impact on anyone elses?

One person couldn't believe, and I mean dumbfounded confusion, that I didn't like Game of Thrones because I like Batman!!
I'm still figuring that one out.

When the main character is getting onto the 'last plane out' for some reason, knows this is their last chance to escape whatever it is, and just then realizes they forgot something that is really idiotic (or they should have thought of long before they left).
"Deep Impact" and "Greenland" come to mind but it's in plenty of movies like that.

I've been rewatching a lot of TV shows (According to Jim, Last Man Standing, Home Improvement, Coach, etc.) and I noticed a lot of repeating stories on all these shows. How many shows have you seen where one character gives another a bell to ring so the other can help them and that character gets so annoyed by the bell ringing that they tell the other off? That's just one I can think of, but there are lots of retelling the same storyline.

There's a big fight, guns everywhere, death, destruction and carnage. After it is all over the cops show up and they just automatically know who to arrest and who to let go. Our heroes just walk away.

I don't think it works that way.

A truth painfully depicted in Last Action Hero when the bad guy shoots someone and mockingly looks at his watch to see whether and when the cops would show up to hold him accountable.

Events that miraculously intersect just to suit the flow of the story.

Aliens - After 57 years Ripley is revived. Coincidentally, not too long after, is when we lose contact with the colony and need her help. What are the odds?
World War Z - Brad Pitt arrives in Jerusalem exactly when the zombies, drawn by chanting, overrun the wall.
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind - Richard Dreyfuss makes it over Devils Tower at the exact moment we make first contact with aliens. Sure, he had a psychic message to get there but they never told him when to be there.

I know there are a lot more - help me out here.

Last edited:

Aliens - After 57 years Ripley is revived. Coincidentally, not too long after, is when we lose contact with the colony and need her help. What are the odds?
World War Z - Brad Pitt arrives in Jerusalem exactly when the zombies, drawn by chanting, overrun the wall.
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind - Richard Dreyfuss makes it over Devils Tower at the exact moment we make first contact with aliens. Sure, he had a psychic message to get there but they never told him when to be there.
So many examples of where a character shows up seemingly moments before something explodes.
Mt Doom blows it's top moments after the hobbits get there, but they could have tossed the ring into the lava anyway, just not as menacingly...

Repeatedly yelling "hello" or the character on the other end of the line's name (sometimes even well after there's a dial tone lol) into a phone for dramatic effect. Quite often when the other person on the line has died or been kidnapped etc. No more please.

Last edited:
Obviously fake tattoos are something that's been bothering me lately. I don't know what it is about Hollywood makeup artists that they have such a hard time with making convincing looking fake tattoos when they cover them up or make somebody look completely alien with nor problem. In particular, it's all black tattoos that stand out to me, like the ones in the Expanse, they just scream fake to me.

I know there are a lot more - help me out here.
There is a flaw in your logic on the Aliens scenario because in the film Ripley explains that the colony logs showed that the colonists were sent to the coordinates where the crashed ship was by Burke after Ripley revealed this intel at her de-briefing with the Weyland Inquiry Board. The Colonists were supposedly unaware of the existence of the alien ship until then. Must have been a rubbish planetary survey though that didn't spot that thing before deciding to set up a colony there.

Granted on the other 2 examples (y)

Obviously fake tattoos are something that's been bothering me lately. I don't know what it is about Hollywood makeup artists that they have such a hard time with making convincing looking fake tattoos when they cover them up or make somebody look completely alien with nor problem. In particular, it's all black tattoos that stand out to me, like the ones in the Expanse, they just scream fake to me.

Right! I say if you're making at least $1 Million on a movie or tv show you should be forced to have the real tattoos that your character has! :lol: ;)

One thing I've always noticed, sitcoms in particular, is that no one shuts a door when they enter. I'm pretty sure they do that for pacing because they don't want the actor stopping to shut it, but it's still very unrealistic.

"Homecoming grossed over $880 million worldwide, becoming the second-most-successful Spider-Man film and the sixth-highest-grossing film of 2017."
$880 million bucks made, but they can't even give Jameson a wig in "Spider-man: Far from home" so that he at least resembles the character from the comics/Raimi franchise...

Bullets making sparks when hitting trees or wooden doors.
People coming back to their apartments from work, and all the lights inside were already turned on, despite no one being there during this time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back