Things you're tired of seeing in movies

I'll be impressed if I ever see a protagonist woman's apartment looking unkempt. That only happens in real life.
My wife has a different take on kempt vs. unkempt. I keep closing doors behind her, putting things back in cupboards, securing chords around vacuum cleaners and various household machines...and on and on:rolleyes::( I'm not a neat freak, it's just that I make sure that I have, as they say in French "Un semblant de propreté" (a semblance of cleanliness);)

And in almost every movie I've ever seen involving fighter planes (Including Top Gun Maverick), someone releases the grip to do... something that the actor doesn't recall a plot would never release the grip to do.
Drives me nuts, as I have stick time in a few planes like that.

Well it would depend on what's going on. If they're in a dogfight or landing, well yeah you wouldn't let off. One example is when fighters take off on an aircraft carrier. People always ask why they take their hands off the controls and hold the canopy handholds and it's so they don't accidentally jerk the stick while taking off or cause some other unnecessary input.

Well it would depend on what's going on. If they're in a dogfight or landing, well yeah you wouldn't let off. One example is when fighters take off on an aircraft carrier. People always ask why they take their hands off the controls and hold the canopy handholds and it's so they don't accidentally jerk the stick while taking off or cause some other unnecessary input.
Right; it usually takes a moment for the pilot to "get behind the craft" after a cat launch, and you really don't want your hands on controls right as you're being tossed into the air like that.

Right; it usually takes a moment for the pilot to "get behind the craft" after a cat launch, and you really don't want your hands on controls right as you're being tossed into the air like that.
I'm not talking about that. There are very few times when a fighter jock would let his hand off the grip and its very common in movies to see right hands off grips for silly reasons. Even at the end of Top Gun 2, Mav gives hand gestures to Hangman WHILE IN CLOSE FORMATION with him, with his right hand on the grip and at several other scenes in the movie because Cruise isn't actually flying the plane at those times. I promise you that you won't see scenes of him doing so behind the stick of his P51!

I'm not talking about that. There are very few times when a fighter jock would let his hand off the grip and its very common in movies to see right hands off grips for silly reasons. Even at the end of Top Gun 2, Mav gives hand gestures to Hangman WHILE IN CLOSE FORMATION with him, with his right hand on the grip and at several other scenes in the movie because Cruise isn't actually flying the plane at those times. I promise you that you won't see scenes of him doing so behind the stick of his P51!
I know; I was replying to Sluis Van Shipyard's comment.

I think I'm tired of seeing implausible misdirection written to compensate for what would otherwise be a transparent plot.

And nonsensical useless dialogue where people parrot what the other person just said to fill time.

"we're a family, and I'm going to get us all home together"

"As a family"

"We always knew that we're a family"

"Now let's go do this... Together"!

You all go on without me... I'm outta here :p

Awkwafina.
I just don't get the appeal. Shes been in Tons of stuff though. Somebody seems to have decided she's the only desirable Asian talent working today and they Need her in their movie.
She has done a bunch of voice work and I can't stand her voice. I don't think she's at all funny either and she's put forward as some masterful comedian that will ensure them rolling in the aisles if you have her in your movie.
But that's just my opinion.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back