Things you're tired of seeing in movies

That reminds me of watching an interview with Arnold talking about doing Commando. There's one part where he is supposed to dangle the bad guy over a cliff. They actually thought he was strong enough to hold a full grown man at arms length over a drop, for several minutes. He was like "What? I can't do that?!" :lol:

Kind of like Dave Prowse's story about A Clockwork Orange, in the scene where he's carrying someone. After the umpteenth take he finally complained, and Kubrick said "but you're a strong man, you were hired because you're a strong man,", and Dave claimed he replied "but you are not known as 'One Take Stanley'."

I know I've seen a movie like that recently, but it was so unforgettable I can't recall the name. I do remember looking up an explanation for "the ending" and people said the writer or director wanted the audience to come to their own conclusion on what happened. If done well, that could work. If the movie is not very good to start with and you just end it with that reason, it doesn't work.

Mmm..... depends on the case.

'The Thing' had an open ending and I don't mind at all. The rest of the movie had plenty of well-written story. And the ending served the horror tone by leaving the monster potentially winning.
It told a complete story, but it left it open for a potential sequel. That's fine. It's the movies that don't end the story at all that bug me.

That's the thing I liked about David Lynch movies,people would ask what his movie was about and he would tell the person its about how ever they interpreted it.He gave no explanation,some movies you get it or you don't.

I know I've seen a movie like that recently, but it was so unforgettable I can't recall the name. I do remember looking up an explanation for "the ending" and people said the writer or director wanted the audience to come to their own conclusion on what happened. If done well, that could work. If the movie is not very good to start with and you just end it with that reason, it doesn't work.
Sadly most don't work that well.

I posted this as part of my review of The Marvels, but I'm tired of superheroes with superpowers that aren't just brute strength are all suddenly fighting hand-to-hand for no real reason. Loki, Dr. Strange 2, The Marvels, and countless other films and tv shows try to make the fight sequences more "real" and interesting by coming up with reasons to have them fight hand-to-hand. It's gotten pretty old. Directors need to develop more imaginative ways to use characters superpowers - remember Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past? That's one example. And at least Doctor Strange 2 did at least have the fight using magical music, even if they still had the hand-to-hand fight as well.

My thought was that this was very old, pre-existing construction (probably from a steel magnate or such) that was designed before the subway system above was created.. and Luthor "acquired" the abandoned real estate and slowly modified over the years.
It could be this:

1029433.jpg

So, our hero gets lucky and invites the lady back to his batchelor pad for cocoa and a game of Jenga. So, why does his room always look like it's been thoroughly serviced by a professional cleaner? Bed always made, sheets and pillows plumped and smoothed. Bedside tables devoid of detritus. Flowers!! What sort of batchelor is he? no dishes stacked up in the sink. Nightstands not covered in loose change, old bus tickets, mugs of half drunk coffee. Clothes hung on the floor.

I know it's all in the hands of set dressers, but being a guy living by himself in an apartment, I know what one should look like.

Oh, I dunno. I'm a bachelor and my place is always pretty clean. But, I've been that way since I was a kid. I'm not, by any means, a neat freak but I empty the trash every few days, dishes are washed as soon as I finish eating, all counter tops and shelves wiped down once a week, toilet is always spotless, Lysol and Febreze every couple of days, and vacuum once a week. I don't mind making a mess, but I'm darn sure gonna clean it up as soon as I'm through.

But, I get where your coming from. I know many single people who don't do that. I once knew a guy who had used pizza boxes stacked literally to the ceiling.

So, our hero gets lucky and invites the lady back to his batchelor pad for cocoa and a game of Jenga. So, why does his room always look like it's been thoroughly serviced by a professional cleaner? Bed always made, sheets and pillows plumped and smoothed. Bedside tables devoid of detritus. Flowers!! What sort of batchelor is he? no dishes stacked up in the sink. Nightstands not covered in loose change, old bus tickets, mugs of half drunk coffee. Clothes hung on the floor.

I know it's all in the hands of set dressers, but being a guy living by himself in an apartment, I know what one should look like.
Well, I guess I was never a bachelor then:lol::lol: My studio apt. was always spic and span(y)(y) You never know who's gonna drop by unannounced!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back