Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Something that just came to me when watching The Witcher this weekend is in movies/shows set in the Medieval/Renaissance period/fantasy setting or any other time before paper money became the main form of currency, people are to be paid X amount of coin and they are simply given a bag of coins with no counting by either party. I can understand someone counting out X amount of coin before paying but the person getting paid simply takes the bag without counting or looking to see if it's even the correct coin type(s). Even weirder is when an amount is agreed upon first encountering each other and a bag of coin is just handed over because it just so happens that there's the exact amount asked in that bag. Of course, once again, the payee doesn't bother opening the bag to count the coins.

Last edited:
I can't stand it when someone asks about an item they asked someone else to get. That someone else says it's right there and it is conveniently right next to the guy who asked. That never happens in real life!

Actually had it happen to me once, I was on my sailboat and was undergoing a Coast Guard safety check. The gent sitting in the cockpit with the checklist was going down, asking me where I had certain things stored. When he came to my throw-able safety object, he asked me and before I could even reply, his co-worker went "ahem, it's... right there?" and pointed to where it was mounted right beside where he was sitting, bright yellow and plain as could be.

Vomiting. TV, movies, it's everywhere. Everyone vomiting all the time.
7bQuF8Z.gif

:)

As for aircraft cost, it can cost thousands of dollars an hour for some aircraft. Imagine how much flying time you need to get, say, 10 minutes on film? It's an awful lot!
The new Hobbes and Shaw movie used a real Blackhawk, amazingly that's a privately owned Blackhawk, all the "SOCOM-looking" mods were done by the owner's crew! I saw it at an airshow in June, exactly as you saw it on film. They're getting another done up with a fake SOCOM refueling boom,, all flown by former/retired Army rotorheads. They provided a few of the choppers for the Kong movie. But how much does a Blackhawk cost just to keep in the air.
Lots.
LOTS.
LOTS!
ask john landis how expensive a live helicopter can cost....
Oh man, you went there... :cautious:

I watched the first 2 episodes of Dr Who this season and had two big ones from that:
  • People fire firearms inside a building and nobody even flinches. In real life, even with suppressors, people would still be rubbing their ears!
  • Someone time travels and encounters someone they know is going to die very badly, and they don't even think to do anything about it, even though they don't really contribute much to history if they'd been moved a bit. I knew what happened to Noor Khan when she got nabbed by the Germans (they tortured her for almost an entire year before putting a bullet into her throat), so I cringed at the thought the Doctor knew that too, and left to her a horrible fate (though sadly not even as horrible as a few other female code broadcasters named by the Germans, some went out horribly even by Nazi standards)...

I watched the first 2 episodes of Dr Who this season and had two big ones from that:
  • People fire firearms inside a building and nobody even flinches. In real life, even with suppressors, people would still be rubbing their ears!
  • Someone time travels and encounters someone they know is going to die very badly, and they don't even think to do anything about it, even though they don't really contribute much to history if they'd been moved a bit. I knew what happened to Noor Khan when she got nabbed by the Germans (they tortured her for almost an entire year before putting a bullet into her throat), so I cringed at the thought the Doctor knew that too, and left to her a horrible fate (though sadly not even as horrible as a few other female code broadcasters named by the Germans, some went out horribly even by Nazi standards)...

I agree with the first issue but that isn't really a Doctor Who issue but more an industry wide issue.

As for the 2nd point it has been well established in Doctor Who that the Doctor really can't change historical events so the Doctor not doing anything about what was going to happen to her isn't that unusual for the show. It might have been better if they used a generic character that she could have helped but once they went the historical route they couldn't do anything based on the canon of the show.

My main complaint is that I'm sick of the Master, to be honest I got sick of him during the Pertwee era when entire seasons had him in every episode, but it did seem to work.

My main complaint is that I'm sick of the Master, to be honest I got sick of him during the Pertwee era when entire seasons had him in every episode, but it did seem to work.

I hate the Master too, same way I hate the Daleks and the Cybermen. They've been completely overused. Enough already. If I never see any of them ever again, it'll be too soon.

The Master is simply a character that will never die, so in the end, the Doctor can only defeat him/her/it by the end of an episode. That gets awfully tiring.
But in their quest to PC-ise every aspect of the Dr Who universe, they even made the Master a different ethnicity (though I must admit they did explain how he got to be a SS officer in 1943 that way). I'm sure 'he' will be an Asian woman (or some other ethnicity/gender mix they hadn't had much before) next time?

How about an amazingly beautiful person walks by and nobody turns a head, as if everybody looks like that?
Reminds me of that scene from "Last Action Hero" where the kid points out the video store clerk, noting no video place has employees that pretty...
Now that I think on it, I need to watch that movie again, as I know they placed all kinds of stuff like that in the film that has bene noticed here.

I hate the Master too, same way I hate the Daleks and the Cybermen. They've been completely overused. Enough already. If I never see any of them ever again, it'll be too soon.
Agreed- ironically I do like the Daleks but they have been overused to the point I do not care for the episodes they appear in now...

Agreed- ironically I do like the Daleks but they have been overused to the point I do not care for the episodes they appear in now...

They would be fine once in a great while, but they've been there what feels like every couple of episodes lately and I'm just burnt out. It's just nostalgia today. "Hey, remember these guys?" They don't have a place, they're bumbling fools and they just aren't necessary. But then again, all of Doctor Who isn't necessary these days. I've just entirely given up on it after that last entirely garbage preachy episode. Never again, at least not so long as the BBC is in charge.

They would be fine once in a great while, but they've been there what feels like every couple of episodes lately and I'm just burnt out. It's just nostalgia today. "Hey, remember these guys?" They don't have a place, they're bumbling fools and they just aren't necessary. But then again, all of Doctor Who isn't necessary these days. I've just entirely given up on it after that last entirely garbage preachy episode. Never again, at least not so long as the BBC is in charge.

I liked the episode and thought it was great when it turned out they were on Earth but I really cringed when they started the preaching, something that seems to happen more and more often. I don't think we will ever have a non BBC, which I've come to really hate over the last few years, Doctor Who unless they cancel it and some other entity can take it over.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back