Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Movies where only "one person" can save the world/galaxy/universe/etc
Even worse are a subset of those movies about some schmuck discovering they're a "chosen one", typically from some prophesy. (e.g. Golden Child, Willow, Harry Potter, Matrix, Avatar, Green Lantern ...)

Using CGI to compensate for good ol' fashioned on-site filming. Half of the magic dies off when some scene is supposed to be taking place in some exotic location, and it's clearly just a green screen.

YEAH, I'M CALLING YOU OUT GEORGE LUCAS AND THE CRYSTAL SKULL!!!

This.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The bad/evil person who turns out to have only had to be bad/evil because their father/brother/sister/puppy was being held captive by the real bad person.

This falls in the audio spectrum, but FOOTSTEPS!

70's movies are by far the worst. Guy (or girl) runs across the street - which has multiple cars passing and you hear the footsteps all the way. It's like they're wearing mic'd up wooden shoes or something. You never hear those steps, period, until the person is about 3 feet from you and then barely at that.

Even normal scenes in a carpeted office you hear footsteps.

Sneaking around a building trying to avoid the bad guy and you're trying to be quiet, instead of tiptoe you get CLOP <pause> CLOP. If they really were that loud you're a dead man.

Just because something makes a sound doesn't mean people would hear it.

Love the ole riccochet noise from gunfire. You used to hear it after every shot in some movies.

As far as seeing, well, I can't stand casting for dollars instead of right for the part...but that's a whole other can of worms.

And yes, hollywood needs to stop rebooting things that dont need to be rebooted. This especially annoys me when they reboot foreign films. like "Let the right one in" (which is an awesome vampire film if you havn't already seen it), and "The girl with the dragon tattoo" I mean the films practically JUST came out, and they already get american reboots? wwwhhy?

In a word, money. The American studios know a lot of Americans don't like to watch foreign movies, so they remake popular/successful foreign movies in an effort to get those extra dollars.

You guys know they're making a new "AKIRA" with Leo DiCaprio in it?

I'm not making that up.

I'm not making that up.

tumblr_lg2amt9Uh31qdnp0go1_500.gif

I am sick of characters that need some age to the performance being cast with these young actors or being changed from their comic origins.

Actresses getting nude in a part then complaining about it later on. It's up there with Jim Carrey's crying about kickass 2 being violent and the guns in the movie despite cashing the paychecks.

How about a place or device being perfectly fine, then literally ten minutes after the hero gets there, through no fault of their own, every turns to crap and they have minutes to get away from it all blows up, when they had nothing to do with it. Talk about timing!
The Mt Doom sequence from 'Return of the King' is a classic example of that!

I always find it annoying when someone is looking to take a car, and they pull down the visor and the keys are there. I've NEVER seen anyone keep their car keys there before. It doesn't even make sense.

I'm not making that up.
DiCaprio's involvement was back in 2008/2009, he is no longer part of the film. In 2011 Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) was attached to star. This movie will likely and hopefully remain in development hell.

I always find it annoying when someone is looking to take a car, and they pull down the visor and the keys are there. I've NEVER seen anyone keep their car keys there before. It doesn't even make sense.
Good one, that's never made sense to me either.
Heck, T2 would lead you to believe everyone does that!

DiCaprio's involvement was back in 2008/2009, he is no longer part of the film. In 2011 Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) was attached to star. This movie will likely and hopefully remain in development hell.

I guess that's a little more respectable, but I would still love to see the movie never get made...

Shaky cam and movies that are based on handheld cameras held by the friggin actors....If I wanted to see that crap I would film my own movie not PAY to have supposed pro's make it feel like it was home made.

- - - Updated - - -

It was actually quite common with fleet vehicles to store the keys there, in the ash tray or under the mat.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back