theRPF.com? What?!...

synasp

Sr Member
Okay, some of you may have been browsing the forums and got tossed to the new domain and asked to log in. It's okay, it's all good. :p

We weren't sure when the domain would kick in, so we didn't get a chance to post a heads up. The old links at rpf.invisionzone.com will still work, but please update your bookmarks to reflect the new domain.

Introducing the new, shorter domain: theRPF.com :love

I'm able to stay logged in, but have no access to the OT forum--keeps listing me as a "guest" and not a full member, but I can go to the index and show up as still being logged in.... :confused

<div class='quotetop'>(ToothTech @ Jul 27 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]1289291[/snapback]</div>
I'm able to stay logged in, but have no access to the OT forum--keeps listing me as a "guest" and not a full member, but I can go to the index and show up as still being logged in.... :confused
[/b]
Try clearing out your cookies and cache and all that good stuff. You're set as "member" so there's no reason you should be "guest" other than the cookies.

Try it and see what happens.

Discovered the problem.

I use the 4 quick links at the top right side (default skin)--Props, Costuming, Junkyard & Off Topic---all of these are still linked through rpf.invisionzone.

Well done.
I've asked before and this seems like a good place to do it again:
What happened to the name replicapropforum.com?
Cheers,
Pontus

<div class='quotetop'>(Lupus Yonderboy @ Jul 30 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]1290656[/snapback]</div>
I've asked before and this seems like a good place to do it again:
What happened to the name replicapropforum.com?
[/b]
That's like asking what happened to the Klingons... don't ask don't tell. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(ToothTech @ Jul 30 2006, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1290646[/snapback]</div>
I use the 4 quick links at the top right side (default skin)--Props, Costuming, Junkyard & Off Topic---all of these are still linked through rpf.invisionzone.
[/b]
Eh? They shouldn't be. They're PHP dynamic links, so it automatically points to the new domain if you're loading the current site (i.e. purge your cache--that doesn't mean eating a high-fiber diet).

I'm not the most computer savvy guy, but I've purged everything I can find.... :love

I can get to props, costuming, Junkyard and OT from the main index with no problem, but if I use the links at the top right (default skin) I'm shown as a guest, and the address is an rpf.invision URL.

In the cap below, both of the windows were open at the same time.

<div class='quotetop'>(synasp @ Jul 30 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1290826[/snapback]</div>
That's like asking what happened to the Klingons... don't ask don't tell. :lol[/b]
Sorry mate I don't get it.
Are you saying it's a moot question but that it won't be answered, that there is no answer or that I have to start watching Star Trek in order to find out..? ;)

Just curious. I thought it was a good name and I rather liked it.

Brian, have you cleared out your cookies, and replaced your bookmarks and all that? The link you're talking about is actually a dynamic link in that it's relative to the server... there's no "hard code" pegging it to rpf.invisionzone.com

Lupus, sorry about the joke. I hoped you were a Trek fan. ;) All I meant was it's a weird mystery which I have the answer to (so not a good mystery at all), but the explanation is so dumb that I feel rather silly telling the story. Isn't theRPF so much shorter and easier?

Cookies cleared, temp files deleted & bookmarks changed----if I click on one of the quick links I get a "guest" screen.

The quick links on the guest screen have "therpf" URLs and if I click on one (from the "guest" page) I can get to the forum and show up as logged in.....damnedest thing :confused :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back