Theory On How Predators Smell

not to poo poo your theory, but all you circled was the upper inner teeth gums. check out the reference section of the p2 masks, there are NO slits or alleged nose holes.

Why does it moves? It looks like his breathng with it?

poor quality but look @ 8:24 and you will see it.

actually thinking about it, the mouth movements could just be him breathing through his mouth or muscle twitches. I remove my early post on this lol

just the mask moving with the animatronics id imagine.

remember , it is only people like us that discuss the small details, there does not always have to be a explanation , whether we like it or not hehe.

That gif is crazy I have seen P2 like over a million times since it was released back in the early 90's and never even seen that before ever I think that pretty much puts that theory to rest for having a tongue nice find (y)

for all we know it can "taste" the air like a snake or have sort of olfactory organ on it's left elbow. These are the kind of questions that will go in circles because we will never get the answers to because at the end of it all it's a movie. Also I don't understand why do we always try to make things more human...it's an alien creature and for all we know it may have different sences that we can't even fathom. I say the more mysterious the better.

That gif is crazy I have seen P2 like over a million times since it was released back in the early 90's and never even seen that before ever I think that pretty much puts that theory to rest for having a tongue nice find (y)

Thanks. The thing is that is the only scene in Predator 2 that we see his tongue. In the slaughterhouse scenes after Harrigan shoots him, we see the Predator's mouth clearly when he says "Mother Fu*ker" and there is no tongue in that scene.

for all we know it can "taste" the air like a snake or have sort of olfactory organ on it's left elbow. These are the kind of questions that will go in circles because we will never get the answers to because at the end of it all it's a movie. Also I don't understand why do we always try to make things more human...it's an alien creature and for all we know it may have different sences that we can't even fathom. I say the more mysterious the better.

That makes sense that they might taste the air like snakes. They seem to have some reptilian features. Either they taste the air or their hair acts like ant antennas.

I was thinking that Predators smell like wet latex and sweat, but that's just me after I take the suit off after a long night.

.......The entire mouth is one huge sensory organ, the tissue of the mucousa membrane is lined with millions of chemoreceptor cells that aid in scent detection. There is a thread on this somewhere.
~Estelle

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back