***The Worlds First Chromed CFO ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet!!!***

Very nice job my friend!!!!I was thinking of painting my mark IV like this and now that i know how it looks i will definately do it!!!it looks great!!!i could use some help about the color or if you used a paint pistol,if you did it your self.thanks in advance.

I use a process called vacuum metalizing. The same process I use for the Indiana cherubs and idols I sell.

Last edited:
I thought I'd post a bit of an update to this.

I am building a workshop and renovating and extending our new home. Once that's complete I'm investing in a Spraychrome system.

So if it's not nailed down..........

1. How did I miss this thread?

2. How does the spray chrome compare to the vac-metalized on the finished product?

Congrats on the shop and home add on! :)

I thought I'd post a bit of an update to this.

I am building a workshop and renovating and extending our new home. Once that's complete I'm investing in a Spraychrome system.

So if it's not nailed down..........

Hi mate,

1. No idea!

2. It is pretty indistinguishable from vacuum metalizing... I'd say it is easier with the correctly prepped surface and can be done in a spray booth with a drip tray..... It is lacquered afterwards to protect the surface.

1. How did I miss this thread?

2. How does the spray chrome compare to the vac-metalized on the finished product?

Congrats on the shop and home add on! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back