***The Worlds First Chromed CFO ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet!!!***

sskunky

Sr Member
Hi guys,

I thought you would like to see what I have been up to this week.

I have been making Indiana Jones Golden idols for here and a couple of other forums and whilst I was at the Vac Metalizing company that did the original Idols and C3P0 coincidentally I thought why not get a TK lid chromed!

Well it's not completely finished yet but you get the idea.... I haven't decided yet about decals.... What colour etc??? Or none at all??

What do you reckon?

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9504.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9507.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_9509.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9516.jpg

Last edited:
looks meaner than a shadow trooper! often wondered what it'll look like. add a red led to the right eye lol..but seriously, fantastic. id leave it as is.

Lookin' SWEET! (y)thumbsup

VERY 70's! I LOVE CHROME!!

I did a couple roughs up for you to look over. What do you think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks guys.
Pm replied. :)

I think this takes it from film prop to art piece. I think a full suit of armour would look amazing and I am thinking about it.
I reckon a full piece in a gallery would look awesome.
Maybe people not as geeky as prop collector but more art collectors would like it. In a minimalist apartment would look very cool.

Wow that is an awesome lid! I would love to see a fully chromed trooper! I can't imagine the look on someone's face if they saw that walking down the street. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a display piece. Again, love the lid! Great idea!

HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING. I wasn't sure what I'd think when clicking on the thread, seeing the title, but as soon as I saw it, I wanted one.

In a minimalist apartment would look very cool.
^ THIS. Especially a full suit, just casually chilling in a corner... like an updated yet still somewhat retro incarnation of a suit of armour!

I'd like to imagine the Empire gave those helmets to any of the stormtroopers who survived the first Death Star explosion. Looks pretty damn cool.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back