The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

Yeah I've gone to Linda for the jacket as well.

WSL pants have some accuracy issues which I've asked to be sorted.

I found the metal clips which turned out to be dress fasteners
Did they end up making you accurate pants? Do you know if they plan to update to accurate ones? I’d love to get an accurate jacket and pants.

So I just ordered the chest harness and belt with accessories from Linda and the jacket and pants from the other company that you guys mentioned. So excited!!! Can’t wait to get these items!!! Now I just need to figure out where to get the parts to add to the boots.

Another question- do you guys have a dealer who makes accurate wearable winter soldier masks?
I got mine off of this seller on Etsy . Its a reasonable price and they offer different sizes to fit your face. Not the most screen accurate but pretty close. With some paint and sanding I think you could make it look closer to the movie. If you don't like that one Etsy also has a bunch of others. Hope this helps!

He's packing 4 knives. I've noticed the 2 on the back of his belt, one on his thigh next to the 2 guns, and the 4th is, interestingly enough, in a hidden sheath BEHIND the 2 small guns.

Attachments

• 20221018_172729.jpg
    20221018_172729.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20221018_174537_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221018_174537_Gallery.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 94
So managed to get my WS V1 wearable for MCM London last week.

Belt has the pouches attached so makes my waist line a little “bloated”

Lots to finish up including boots, knees and hopefully an arm

Wig - GF got and styled.
Goggles - Chinese ones off eBay
Mask - made by me (3d model, then mold and cast)
Jacket - custom by The Jacket Maker
Roll neck - Amazon
Glove - Like Linda
Hand - Fingers cut off a rubber eBay arm
Trousers - custom by local seamstress
Belt - Like Linda
Side arm - Converted BB Gun
Other weapons - 3d from Adamantium 3d
Knife - Cut down trainer
Launcher - converted airsoft
Knees - garden pads off Amazon
Boots - second hand magnums off Vinted

IMG_2557.jpeg

That mask is really hard to get a good pic of. Its the harder material up front, a second layer, then it looks like a third material stretching from around the cheek to Im guessing around the head. Cant even tell if it covers his ears -__-

Another issue Im having.....those dang straps!!!!

Yeah, gonna have to sew it and customize, no problem, that will be fun. But it is so hard to nail that color. I was thinking a dark brown, but the closet I got to was "olive drab."

1-1/2" Nylon Fabric Webbing, Olive Drab

Im thinking something like that. Its not quite black, and I think brown would stand out too much. I think that color of "olive" will look great against the weathered leather. Now the question is, the material. I have found nylon, and Im thinking that might just have to work. Though, cotton I think looks amazing. I found a good olive drab cotton webbing, but I think they only sell it in bulk :/
nylon can be dyed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back