The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry I didn't really understand what you explained to me about how to do with magnets. Could you rephrase please? Thank youuuu
sorry! it was a rushed explanation.

Gluing two pieces of plastic together is just to make it easier for magnets to be inserted in. If you cut a hole in the plastic and glue a circular magnet in it will be hard to stick it in as you can only glue the sides. The magnet will also be visible from both sides and possibly fall out of the hole over time. The second piece of plastic acts as a barrier/backing for the magnetic to remain stable and also helps things look neat. With plastic behind the magnet, it can be glued in more securely and not fall out as easily.

Then you can just simply glue a magnet to the gun or if you have a plastic gun you can pry it apart and fill it with small magnets.

IMG_8315.JPG

I did a quick drawing if that would help with the explanation, I also got the idea from a YouTuber called Odin makes when he used magnets to make his Loki horns detachable. (I've linked the video if you want to watch it Here, time stamp 7:58) He used a thin poster board as a 3rd top layer but this is not necessary. He also does a tutorial on a winter soldier mask and goggles Here if you want to check that out as well.

This might be an option. I use these for concealed carry on a vehicle, & stashing my pistol in different places. They're $15 a pair, can mount with screws but also come with 3M mounting tape, they're coated with rubber on the outside so as to not scratch your weapon, & are rated to hold 45lbs.
View attachment 1451817
Believe me when I say THEY HOLD! I use them regularly to hold a Glock 27, but I've also had one hold a sawed off 12Gague under a cabinet.

I don't see why they wouldn't work for a costume.
Also with Usagi Pilgrims' idea for using a gun mount, I think it could work really well, the gun mount comes with a strong tape that you could glue to the plastic if you don't want to drill into it. And with my method, you are already gluing magnets to your gun this will work as well. The only problem is that I live in Australia and 2 of these would cost me around $70 with shipping so that idea is out of the bag:(

Let me know if you need any more clarification.

sorry! it was a rushed explanation.

Gluing two pieces of plastic together is just to make it easier for magnets to be inserted in. If you cut a hole in the plastic and glue a circular magnet in it will be hard to stick it in as you can only glue the sides. The magnet will also be visible from both sides and possibly fall out of the hole over time. The second piece of plastic acts as a barrier/backing for the magnetic to remain stable and also helps things look neat. With plastic behind the magnet, it can be glued in more securely and not fall out as easily.

Then you can just simply glue a magnet to the gun or if you have a plastic gun you can pry it apart and fill it with small magnets.

View attachment 1452122

I did a quick drawing if that would help with the explanation, I also got the idea from a YouTuber called Odin makes when he used magnets to make his Loki horns detachable. (I've linked the video if you want to watch it Here, time stamp 7:58) He used a thin poster board as a 3rd top layer but this is not necessary. He also does a tutorial on a winter soldier mask and goggles Here if you want to check that out as well.

Also with Usagi Pilgrims' idea for using a gun mount, I think it could work really well, the gun mount comes with a strong tape that you could glue to the plastic if you don't want to drill into it. And with my method, you are already gluing magnets to your gun this will work as well. The only problem is that I live in Australia and 2 of these would cost me around $70 with shipping so that idea is out of the bag:(

Let me know if you need any more clarification.
thank you very much it helps me a lot. i will think through all these methods and find the best one, i will tell you if i need any help. Indeed, but I'm afraid the magnets are too powerful. and then I must already find all the weapons haha

Hellooooo it's been a long time since i didn't write here. So this time i would like to know a little bit more about those guns and knives he have, because i've been schearching for like 3 weeks where i can get or buy all of his weapons but i didn’t find anything. It's too expensive. So i've seen that guns can be made in paper and i can afford to buy this, like this (look at the photos, it's from aliexpress 21.6US $ 20% OFF|1:1 80cm M416 Assault Rifle 3D Paper Model Non Firing Papercraft Toy|Card Model Building Sets| - AliExpress ) but i don't know if it's a good idea, is it powerful, strong? (Because i also want to put a magnet in)
But my other problem is that i really don't know how get me the holster of the gerber yari II tanto and of the other knives, i can't make it by my self and i don't know how i can make it by myself.
So my other question is where did you buy all of the weapons and knives?
I'm looking for:
- Gerber Mark II knife
- Gerber yari II tanto
- Cold Steel GI tanto
- Benchmade SOCP dagger
- Sig sauer P220
- Cop 357 derringer
- Intratec Tec 38
- Vz 61 Skorpion
- Colt M4A1
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Attachments

• -1131622259-30744967.jpg
    -1131622259-30744967.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 123
  • -1598150658960258145.jpg
    -1598150658960258145.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 125
  • -1765759906-180017020.jpg
    -1765759906-180017020.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 136
  • -941928957305604833.jpg
    -941928957305604833.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 127
Hellooooo it's been a long time since i didn't write here. So this time i would like to know a little bit more about those guns and knives he have, because i've been schearching for like 3 weeks where i can get or buy all of his weapons but i didn’t find anything. It's too expensive. So i've seen that guns can be made in paper and i can afford to buy this, like this (look at the photos, it's from aliexpress 21.6US $ 20% OFF|1:1 80cm M416 Assault Rifle 3D Paper Model Non Firing Papercraft Toy|Card Model Building Sets| - AliExpress ) but i don't know if it's a good idea, is it powerful, strong? (Because i also want to put a magnet in)
But my other problem is that i really don't know how get me the holster of the gerber yari II tanto and of the other knives, i can't make it by my self and i don't know how i can make it by myself.
So my other question is where did you buy all of the weapons and knives?
I'm looking for:
- Gerber Mark II knife
- Gerber yari II tanto
- Cold Steel GI tanto
- Benchmade SOCP dagger
- Sig sauer P220
- Cop 357 derringer
- Intratec Tec 38
- Vz 61 Skorpion
- Colt M4A1
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!
You can get #d prints of the knives and guns on etsy. you can get the gun that goes on his back on amazon for$18 its a toy i just order on a few hrs ago. let me check but i think there a guy that make 3d print of the guns on his leg on face book.

You can get #d prints of the knives and guns on etsy. you can get the gun that goes on his back on amazon for$18 its a toy i just order on a few hrs ago. let me check but i think there a guy that make 3d print of the guns on his leg on face book.
Thank you but i already searched on etsy for the knives and guns but it's too expensive because i live in Fance. So i don't know what to do. But I certainly want to know the guy who sell 3D print of guns and knives. But the most important for me are the holsters for the knives i really don't know how to make it. And where i can find the M4A1

you can find two of the knives here the ones that go on the leg. i have not send a file for the ones on the back yet. you should ask if they can make it for you .

Thank you very much but sadly i don't have my own 3d printer so i can't print it. So what can i do? i'm really confused
There are companies that will 3d print files for you and ship them to your door. Or if you have any friends that own a 3d printer you could pay them to print it for you? Sadly it is quite hard to find all of his weapons for cheap, some will be easier to find like the knives and back gun while others can be hard to find and super expensive. This guy delivers his 3d prints for the Gerber Mark II and Gerber Yari II tanto Here. Also here and here are some 3d printing companies on Etsy that you could send the files to.

There is a saying in the cosplay/costuming community - you can make an accurate costume, a cheap costume, or a fast costume. You can never have all three, normally only two. You really have to decide what you want out of your costume, whether it's spending as little money on it as possible or needing it in time for an event/con.

There are heaps of really great resources for making cheap props out of foam and paper, most local hardware shops carry contact cement/fix and cheap foam floor mats for relatively cheap prices depending on where you live. PM me if you need more information about possible materials.

There are companies that will 3d print files for you and ship them to your door. Or if you have any friends that own a 3d printer you could pay them to print it for you? Sadly it is quite hard to find all of his weapons for cheap, some will be easier to find like the knives and back gun while others can be hard to find and super expensive. This guy delivers his 3d prints for the Gerber Mark II and Gerber Yari II tanto Here. Also here and here are some 3d printing companies on Etsy that you could send the files to.

There is a saying in the cosplay/costuming community - you can make an accurate costume, a cheap costume, or a fast costume. You can never have all three, normally only two. You really have to decide what you want out of your costume, whether it's spending as little money on it as possible or needing it in time for an event/con.

There are heaps of really great resources for making cheap props out of foam and paper, most local hardware shops carry contact cement/fix and cheap foam floor mats for relatively cheap prices depending on where you live. PM me if you need more information about possible materials.
Thank you very much ot really helps me now I know what I'm going to do, thanks to you I find all the weapons but I CAN'T find the files of gerber yari II tanto's holster. So if anyone have these files tell me!!! Thks

Hi!
A finger was completed.
I made the finger-tip with "heat press".
I completed a plating sheet on the surface.
View attachment 327689

And GERBER YARI II was purchased.
From now on, it will reproduce with the cast.
View attachment 327690
hello, I think it's too late and you nerver gonna see this message but I'm going to try haha. So do you made your knife with a 3D print? If yes, where can I get the files? And last question how did you do the hand? Thank you!!!!

hey i have 2 of the 3d prints Gerber Yari
knives for the back does anyone have pic on how the hook it to the back. all i can think of is velcro.

hey i have 2 of the 3d prints Gerber Yari
knives for the back does anyone have pic on how the hook it to the back. all i can think of is velcro.
Hello can you share the files of the gerber yari please? And I think it's better to make a holster for the back, it's what I'm gonna do if I have the files for the holster, but if you don't have the files, the better option is using velcro

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that the seller wliiam33 referenced above has since made 3d print files for the rest of the knives and small guns which you can either purchase the files alone or have them printed and sent to you. The weapons include:
  • 2 Gerber Yari II Tanto's and back sheath
  • Gerber MK II & sheath
  • Benchmade SOCP knife and sheath
  • Intratec TEC-38
  • COP .357 Derringer
il_794xN.3126693808_rtfb.jpg
il_794xN.3344035968_o4b1.jpg

They come as raw prints but if you want to sand and paint them you can either do it yourself or ask him to for a bit extra.

Honestly, these look fantastic and are a great low-budget option for cosplays without compromising on accuracy. The guns also come with what I think are removable orange plugs for convention gun rules.

The full set of knives costs around $80 USD with free shipping in the USA

He also sells the belt buckle as well for super cheap if you don't want to pay for the metal buckle. It's also all one piece which is more movie accurate.
il_794xN.3299827617_8ctf.jpg

Links:
Belt Buckle
Intratec and Derringer Guns
Knives Set

Dragging Bucky back out of cold storage for 2022

So my New Year's resolution went out the window, and I'm starting on my Winter Soldier costume with a view to be done by Dec 16th.

Have sourced most of the parts thanks to this thread and a FB group.

Will be doing the highway version, so no dual pistols.
Have sourced the files for the knives from Wliiam33 on Etsy and will be getting those resin printed.

Am looking at the holster on his right leg.

There's the plates/holster that carry the Tec/COP under the knife sheath with some hardware

Are the holsters commercially available?
What is the name of the hardware that holds them on?

I saw Samurai169 had a good version

Dragging Bucky back out of cold storage for 2022

So my New Year's resolution went out the window, and I'm starting on my Winter Soldier costume with a view to be done by Dec 16th.

Have sourced most of the parts thanks to this thread and a FB group.

Will be doing the highway version, so no dual pistols.
Have sourced the files for the knives from Wliiam33 on Etsy and will be getting those resin printed.

Am looking at the holster on his right leg.

There's the plates/holster that carry the Tec/COP under the knife sheath with some hardware

Are the holsters commercially available?
What is the name of the hardware that holds them on?

I saw Samurai169 had a good version
Adamantium3D | Etsy = for all your ’s
LikeLinda | Etsy = for the holster, belt, back pack, and glove. I just ordered from her and she does amazing work!
Feel the Power of Men's & Women's, Leather Jackets & Accessories at White Sheep Leather = for your pants and coat, quality work here.

I just put mine together too, hope that helps!

PS: The boots i had to make by overlaying a leather pattern over the bates boots.

Attachments

• 219113AD-E5CE-4D71-9B55-13B48B0B31E8.jpeg
    219113AD-E5CE-4D71-9B55-13B48B0B31E8.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 132
  • DB83385A-8E0A-4719-907E-0F3999916F9A.jpeg
    DB83385A-8E0A-4719-907E-0F3999916F9A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
Yeah I've gone to Linda for the jacket as well.

WSL pants have some accuracy issues which I've asked to be sorted.

I found the metal clips which turned out to be dress fasteners

Adamantium3D | Etsy = for all your ’s
LikeLinda | Etsy = for the holster, belt, back pack, and glove. I just ordered from her and she does amazing work!
Feel the Power of Men's & Women's, Leather Jackets & Accessories at White Sheep Leather = for your pants and coat, quality work here.

I just put mine together too, hope that helps!

PS: The boots i had to make by overlaying a leather pattern over the bates boots.

Your set up looks great! I had to sell my WS a while back and I’m getting the itch to make a new, more accurate one. I just need to find all the right vendors to buy the correct stuff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back