The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

Probably super late, but maybe these can still help. Screen used suit from Winter Soldier, from an exhibit I recently saw.

Attachments

• IMG_7500.jpg
    IMG_7500.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_7501.jpg
    IMG_7501.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_7502.jpg
    IMG_7502.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_7503.jpg
    IMG_7503.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_7504.jpg
    IMG_7504.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_7506.jpg
    IMG_7506.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_7508.jpg
    IMG_7508.jpg
    795.9 KB · Views: 1,463
  • IMG_7507.jpg
    IMG_7507.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_7509.jpg
    IMG_7509.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_7510.jpg
    IMG_7510.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 662
Not sure if anyone still reading over Here.
first of all, thanks for your Amazing work & informations!
I‘m completly improve my winter soldier after i made one 2016.

Improved the Pants & knee pads and completly sewed them myself.
made a mask & goggles out of worbla and some Fake grenades Too! Cant wait to Start with the Shoes.

Attachments

• F50152C8-9FE0-49DC-9D6D-65D2FB396A45.jpeg
    F50152C8-9FE0-49DC-9D6D-65D2FB396A45.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 1,017
hey guys! Great thread for someone late to the party.
looking to get help with his boots. I have the bates boots and would like assistance in adding the spats/straps.
any help would be appreciate! Thank you!

hey guys! Great thread for someone late to the party.
looking to get help with his boots. I have the bates boots and would like assistance in adding the spats/straps.
any help would be appreciate! Thank you!
Thank you, everybody.
The manufacture of boots is not so difficult.
I make a model with paper first.

This is a model of the paper.
View attachment 338600

The model varies according to boots and size.
View attachment 338602

I make parts of the cloth from a model of the paper.
View attachment 338603

It is completed when I put this on the boots.
View attachment 338605
EDGE has done one of the best winter cosplay's I have ever seen and earlier in this thread, he shared how he did the boots and straps. I would also recommend checking out his blog which has how he made his cosplay Here. It has multiple pages and is in all Japanese but google can translate it no problem.

Hello guys!!! I'm very happy to find this thread. My question is how the pistols on the leg manage to hold without holster? with a magnet? Thanks!

Hello guys!!! I'm very happy to find this thread. My question is how the pistols on the leg manage to hold without holster? with a magnet? Thanks!
Lots of different people attach it in different ways, it really depends on what you want to do with your guns. Some people just either glue/screw it down or permanently attach it in some way. I've seen some others who wanted to be able to remove it for photos have a clip/slide-in system or use strong magnets as well.

I'm planning on inserting a screw in the side of my gun and placing it in a small hole and rectangle on my holster. That way it can slide down and be secured but I can still remove it. I based my method on a photo of someone linked earlier in the thread.

hoslters.jpeg

Lots of different people attach it in different ways, it really depends on what you want to do with your guns. Some people just either glue/screw it down or permanently attach it in some way. I've seen some others who wanted to be able to remove it for photos have a clip/slide-in system or use strong magnets as well.

I'm planning on inserting a screw in the side of my gun and placing it in a small hole and rectangle on my holster. That way it can slide down and be secured but I can still remove it. I based my method on a photo of someone linked earlier in the thread.

View attachment 1451641
First of all thank you very much for your answer. It's a very good idea. I would like to see if possible the progress of your project to know roughly how to do it. Because basically I wanted to use magnets but I really don't know which ones to take and how to put them I don't know how to go about it

First of all thank you very much for your answer. It's a very good idea. I would like to see if possible the progress of your project to know roughly how to do it. Because basically I wanted to use magnets but I really don't know which ones to take and how to put them I don't know how to go about it
I’m currently studying full time so I haven’t actually started making anything, I’m just gathering information and writing notes on how I’ll make my cosplay. My course finishes in 6 months and then I’ll be able to get started. In the future, I’ll link how I made mine.

Using magnets is quite simple although it depends on what materials you use. If you were to use plastic as a base for your holster, you could purchase 2 thin pieces cut holes the size of your magnet in one, and glue them together. That way the magnet can sit comfortably and be glued in with a backing. Then it’s just a matter of either filling your pistol with magnets or sticking them on with super glue.

When looking for good magnets I’m sure there is a classification system for strength but honestly, I just search for 'Super Strong Magnets' and get whichever has the best reviews.

This might be an option. I use these for concealed carry on a vehicle, & stashing my pistol in different places. They're $15 a pair, can mount with screws but also come with 3M mounting tape, they're coated with rubber on the outside so as to not scratch your weapon, & are rated to hold 45lbs.
Screenshot_20210429-170303.png

Believe me when I say THEY HOLD! I use them regularly to hold a Glock 27, but I've also had one hold a sawed off 12Gague under a cabinet.

I don't see why they wouldn't work for a costume.

I’m currently studying full time so I haven’t actually started making anything, I’m just gathering information and writing notes on how I’ll make my cosplay. My course finishes in 6 months and then I’ll be able to get started. In the future, I’ll link how I made mine.

Using magnets is quite simple although it depends on what materials you use. If you were to use plastic as a base for your holster, you could purchase 2 thin pieces cut holes the size of your magnet in one, and glue them together. That way the magnet can sit comfortably and be glued in with a backing. Then it’s just a matter of either filling your pistol with magnets or sticking them on with super glue.

When looking for good magnets I’m sure there is a classification system for strength but honestly, I just search for 'Super Strong Magnets' and get whichever has the best reviews.
Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry I didn't really understand what you explained to me about how to do with magnets. Could you rephrase please? Thank youuuu

This might be an option. I use these for concealed carry on a vehicle, & stashing my pistol in different places. They're $15 a pair, can mount with screws but also come with 3M mounting tape, they're coated with rubber on the outside so as to not scratch your weapon, & are rated to hold 45lbs.
View attachment 1451817
Believe me when I say THEY HOLD! I use them regularly to hold a Glock 27, but I've also had one hold a sawed off 12Gague under a cabinet.

I don't see why they wouldn't work for a costume.
Thank you for this suggestion but I'm afraid it won't work for plastic weapons!! So i don't know what to do

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back