The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I agree, we don’t know but (I believe) they must be working this hard. I hope everything is moving forward without any unforeseen difficulties. We’ll see. I am looking forward to my new Tricorder!

You can always look at it as a one off. Meaning for example it will be $600 due to prices on parts, labor, shortage problems etc etc. Not saying it’s a justification for $600, but at the price point they can make it happen. Make a small profit and they later announce due to global issues they will not offer this again any time soon, or ever. Just because it took so dang long just to get everything done there is NO up side for them. If that was so the case for example then yes I pay the $600 for it. It just me but I hate missing out on something knowing it will not be offered again. Again just an example at times we as collectors pay crazy prices if an item will no longer offered. However not every collector has deep pockets to spend $600 on something that will be displayed and used from time to time. Oh well just have to wait and see because at $600 they also no many will not be interested at that price point.

My reasoning is, if it were to come out at an hypothetical $600, and I passed on it - and it sold out; would I regret not getting one?
Short answer is yes.

$800? Probably not. No regrets either.

However, my main issue right now (I'm in the US) is that I started paying much more attention to the current cost of living, the current path of our economy, and the very concerning direction in which it's going. The fuel prices alone have had an impact, and I believe we're nowhere near where it'll be a year from now. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm admittedly an avid enthusiast and consumer of a lot of things discussed on this site - that's why I'm here. But in the last 2 years or so, for the first time in my life, I've felt an increasing urge to hold back on unnecessary expenses.

2 years ago - a 34-inch long, 20 pound diecast TOS Enterprise, with lights, for $600? Abso-freakin-lutely. Without hesitation.
Now? I'd love to, but...no.

Same goes for a lot of other "stuff" I can afford - and would love to get.

I certainly hope it's under $600 - $500 is what I'm expecting - but right now, and for what could easily be the next few years; no company can afford to produce, package, ship, cover the R&D costs and turn a sustainable profit for something like this, with that quality, at a price of $250.

My reasoning is, if it were to come out at an hypothetical $600, and I passed on it - and it sold out; would I regret not getting one?
Short answer is yes.

$800? Probably not. No regrets either.

However, my main issue right now (I'm in the US) is that I started paying much more attention to the current cost of living, the current path of our economy, and the very concerning direction in which it's going. The fuel prices alone have had an impact, and I believe we're nowhere near where it'll be a year from now. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm admittedly an avid enthusiast and consumer of a lot of things discussed on this site - that's why I'm here. But in the last 2 years or so, for the first time in my life, I've felt an increasing urge to hold back on unnecessary expenses.

2 years ago - a 34-inch long, 20 pound diecast TOS Enterprise, with lights, for $600? Abso-freakin-lutely. Without hesitation.
Now? I'd love to, but...no.

Same goes for a lot of other "stuff" I can afford - and would love to get.

I certainly hope it's under $600 - $500 is what I'm expecting - but right now, and for what could easily be the next few years; no company can afford to produce, package, ship, cover the R&D costs and turn a sustainable profit for something like this, with that quality, at a price of $250.
Man I hope u change your mind about the TOMY enterprise…it is such an amazing deal. I understand if things are tight financially though…but if u can people like me could use all the backers we can get!

I figured for me life is to short. I’m not going crazy buying stuff anymore…but for special stuff like this I’m in.

I missed out on the MR enterprise when it was released in 2007 cause I just started working. This TOMY Im not gonna pass on…the Tricorder too.

Man I hope u change your mind about the TOMY enterprise…it is such an amazing deal. I understand if things are tight financially though…but if u can people like me could use all the backers we can get!

I figured for me life is to short. I’m not going crazy buying stuff anymore…but for special stuff like this I’m in.

I missed out on the MR enterprise when it was released in 2007 cause I just started working. This TOMY Im not gonna pass on…the Tricorder too.
DAMMIT YOU'RE NOT HELPING!! :lol: ;)

I hear you Pepperbone and I am watching cost and the economy as well. We are all impacted on different levels. However do what makes you happy and it’s okay to live with the regrets. Knowing eventually collectors do sell of there stuff when their circumstances change. I have been watching the TOMY Enterprise, but the movement is really slow with 19 days to go. Same thing with Haslab Sister Reva lightsaber from Obiwan Kenobi series not a lot of backers for the price point there asking. At least they lowered the backer number to 2,500 backers. I am keeping an eye on it though. Hey you never know what may happen, but one thing is for sure a lot of collectors are watching their spending no doubt.

Last edited:
I hear you Pepperbone and I am watching cost and the economy as well. We are all impacted on different levels. However do what makes you happy and it’s okay to live with the regrets. Knowing eventually collectors do sell of there stuff when their circumstances change. I have been watching the TOMY Enterprise, but the movement is really slow with 19 days to go. Same thing with Haslab Sister Reva lightsaber from Obiwan Kenobi series not a lot of backers for the price point there asking. At least they lowered the backer number to 2,500 backers. I am keeping an eye on it though. Hey you never know what may happen, but one thing is for sure a lot of collectors are watching their spending no doubt.
Yeah, thanks.
I know, I know.
I still have a few weeks to think about the TOMY Enterprise, but odds are I'll pass.
I already have way too much stuff, most of it still in boxes. That's another reason I've been hesitating about the Enterprise: lack of space.

Yeah, thanks.
I know, I know.
I still have a few weeks to think about the TOMY Enterprise, but odds are I'll pass.
I already have way too much stuff, most of it still in boxes. That's another reason I've been hesitating about the Enterprise: lack of space.
Oh heck yeah everything is space and yep I still have items in boxes. The wife said keep the collection isolated to the Dark Abyss as she calls it…LMAO!! I may pass on the TOMY as well. Hell the Razor Crest is still in the box because space is at a premium. My wife solution is get a bigger house...L.

Attachments

• 0320345e967d7780da896096f22a7304.jpg
    0320345e967d7780da896096f22a7304.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 36

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back