The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

will they remake the Phaser?
They’ve said numerous times they can’t, since all the electronics are end-of-life and no longer available, so that would be a redesign and a minimum run of 10K units, which they say just isn’t feasible. I’m pretty sure that means they don’t think they could sell enough additional units to make a run of 10K worth doing.

They’ve said numerous times they can’t, since all the electronics are end-of-life and no longer available, so that would be a redesign and a minimum run of 10K units, which they say just isn’t feasible. I’m pretty sure that means they don’t think they could sell enough additional units to make a run of 10K worth doing.
You are probably right. Shame I missed that one.

So you're saying there's a chance? :lol:

I didn't realize it was time-critical.
eff GIF

Let's do this>

Nineteen down, 9,981 to go!

Why you guys want to make me spend more money, when my finances are finally in the black!

My thought is they want to make the Tricorders, and they are still planning to make the Tricorders, but they are having problems sourcing the parts. And they are holding off updating until they have a better idea of "Yes, this will happen" and "when" or "It's cancelled due to parts supply issues."
Until then any update would be, "We still don't know..."

Yup, it’s happening soon (famous last words) but I wouldn’t be surprised of an end of year or early 2023 release announcement now. We’ve waited this long. Look at huge companies like Apple for example with their apparent endless resources and connections in China and abroad and what hoops they must jump through at the last minute for already established parts and manufacturing contracts. We only see snippets of those final scrambles. For such a small-run item as our beloved Tricorder it must be an extremely frustrating process especially when much of the in-person negotiation was/is slowed by the multiple manufacturing shut-downs of late and the “new normal” supply-chain drama.
As was true for Kwai Chang Caine, “Patience young Grasshopper.” In the mean time grab a newspaper and read about Edith Keeler. Limited Run - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - 1986 San Francisco Register Newspaper

will they remake the Phaser?
Nope, nope, nope. If Wand EVER produces another phaser (considering they are able to even secure the licensing) it won’t be a TV remote. By then, it will be WTF is this thing called a TV? What’s a “clicker?”

Honest, they crammed in a bunch of features that while cool, I could have lived without. All I really wanted was an accurate replica with a few blinking lights. All the extra bells and whistles seem to have put it behind schedule, and increased the price. With the current state of inflation, this will no doubt have gone from the original $250 estimate to over $400 easily now.

I’m getting two, whenever it comes out. It seems like I’m having to wait for everything these days. I was waiting for a good episode of Star Trek: Strange New Hair, but that ship has clearly sailed. Mission: Impossible isn’t coming out till next year, and then only Part One. And my Mac Studio is backordered till mid-July (I ordered it three weeks ago). As Alex said, “Initiative comes to those that wait.” Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange, not Alex Kurtzman. Screw that guy.

”They also serve who only stand and wait.” I’ve always wondered what that means. Serve what? A purpose? Tea and biscuits? Tennis? Waiting blows, but we all have to do it, so you might as well grin and bear it.
Strange new hair, heheh! love it. Spock pass me another can of photonic hair spray.

They could make a P1 with replaceable batteries that works with the current ones, costs less to make, probably sell more since everyone who has an old one would probably buy one plus all the new sales.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back