The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I work in advertising and while financially I am doing well I to recognize that things with prices are just out of control. Also just like the 2008 financial crisis I to feel some impending disaster looming...and I'm not talking about banks and car companies going kaput...though I do recognize that thousands of people suffered for a long time because of that debacle and I do not mean to minimize their pain and suffering...but I am talking about something much much worse.

With that reasoning I'm definitely getting this tricorder. Life is way to short. Of course the price has to be right and I'm most definitely not splurging on two or more. But I want one and feel, should the Wand Company manufacture said product, that it will be damn worth buying.
I hear ya, loud and clear.

The Wand Co.’s response to some snarky comments on their Tricorder blog. This response could also apply to the naysayers here.

Mike L. March 30, 2024 at 6:06 am
Chris,
Whatever happened to the Mechanical fit and finish article?

caea4ada1c2ecf5b10bf3165625365c6?s=44&d=retro&r=g.png
Mike L. April 2, 2024 at 2:59 pm
…..and yet, the questions goes unanswered, again. Other products appear on their website (with veracity) and we are left even without an update on the Tricorder. If it comes to pass, that the promise is false, then there will only be one person to blame. I understand there is complexity, but what I don’t understand is why we are left wanting for so long for a simple update on the project. Passion has its demands and as a consumer and a fan, we have waited a LONG time for this product to come to market. I’ve tried to balance challenge with time, but the least TWC could do is throw us a bone every now and then. Even penning this post proves it takes but a few minuets to update the community. Yet, we are left wondering why it is a 2-3 month of silence to get ANYTHING from TWC on the Tricorder production process.
When you think about it, the Tricorder first appearing in a desert surrounded by sand is about as applicable as one might imagine based on its history and certainly current events. Chris, prove me wrong, or don’t. I’ll wait another 3 months.
Mike L.

8a7f57ffc1b71862fcbcb42af19e1ad5?s=44&d=retro&r=g.jpg
Chris Barnardo April 2, 2024 at 3:44 pm
Mike L… what gives? When there is news as I have said a few times, we will let everyone know. Just to reconfirm, yes, we are still working on the project and the Tricorder is still just about to start manufacturing. However, I have also said on a few occasions, I find it pointless giving updates to say that I am still waiting for the software to get finished while it is still being finished. At each stage when the software can be checked more thoroughly we find more niggles to resolve. As I, and no one else on the project, knows what those wrinkles might be until we find them, and we can’t find them until we have more and more finished software to check through, giving updates to say that “at present there are no new firm estimates of the full manufacturing” every couple of months seems pointless, when it still stands that as soon as I have an update I will post an update. So please continue to be patient, or not patient as the case may be, but any hassle posted here, or the use of CAPITAL LETTERS, or apportioning of blame on whomever… will not remotely make us work any harder on it than we already are. Finally, given the time and effort we have had to lavish on the tricorder, if it wasn’t for those other products we seem to be releasing with veracity, there would definitely be no Wand Company left and thus definitely no tricorder.

8a7f57ffc1b71862fcbcb42af19e1ad5?s=44&d=retro&r=g.jpg
Chris Barnardo April 2, 2024 at 3:47 pm
Mike, those articles take a long time to research and write and I have been very busy with a number of other projects that needed my full attention so have been unable to write that article. However, as soon as I have a finished tricorder in my hands I will take some photos and post an update.

The Wand Co.’s response to some snarky comments on their Tricorder blog. This response could also apply to the naysayers here.

Chris,

View attachment 1806199Mike L. April 2, 2024 at 2:59 pm
…..and yet, the questions goes unanswered, again. Other products appear on their website (with veracity) and we are left even without an update on the Tricorder. If it comes to pass, that the promise is false, then there will only be one person to blame. I understand there is complexity, but what I don’t understand is why we are left wanting for so long for a simple update on the project. Passion has its demands and as a consumer and a fan, we have waited a LONG time for this product to come to market. I’ve tried to balance challenge with time, but the least TWC could do is throw us a bone every now and then. Even penning this post proves it takes but a few minuets to update the community. Yet, we are left wondering why it is a 2-3 month of silence to get ANYTHING from TWC on the Tricorder production process.
When you think about it, the Tricorder first appearing in a desert surrounded by sand is about as applicable as one might imagine based on its history and certainly current events. Chris, prove me wrong, or don’t. I’ll wait another 3 months.
Mike L.

View attachment 1806200Chris Barnardo April 2, 2024 at 3:44 pm
Mike L… what gives? When there is news as I have said a few times, we will let everyone know. Just to reconfirm, yes, we are still working on the project and the Tricorder is still just about to start manufacturing. However, I have also said on a few occasions, I find it pointless giving updates to say that I am still waiting for the software to get finished while it is still being finished. At each stage when the software can be checked more thoroughly we find more niggles to resolve. As I, and no one else on the project, knows what those wrinkles might be until we find them, and we can’t find them until we have more and more finished software to check through, giving updates to say that “at present there are no new firm estimates of the full manufacturing” every couple of months seems pointless, when it still stands that as soon as I have an update I will post an update. So please continue to be patient, or not patient as the case may be, but any hassle posted here, or the use of CAPITAL LETTERS, or apportioning of blame on whomever… will not remotely make us work any harder on it than we already are. Finally, given the time and effort we have had to lavish on the tricorder, if it wasn’t for those other products we seem to be releasing with veracity, there would definitely be no Wand Company left and thus definitely no tricorder.

View attachment 1806201Chris Barnardo April 2, 2024 at 3:47 pm
Mike, those articles take a long time to research and write and I have been very busy with a number of other projects that needed my full attention so have been unable to write that article. However, as soon as I have a finished tricorder in my hands I will take some photos and post an update.
I agree. If people are upset about it than move on. Myself I don't mind waiting !

Chris,

Mike L.

The folks at Wand are spread thin……”I have been very busy with a number of other projects that needed my full attention”….

Apparently, there is no customary “Tiger Team” laser focused on this product. It’s a pet project that doesn’t deserve “full attention”

Wand is a toy company trying to produce a high tech product. It pales in comparison to true high tech companies that have dedicated engineering teams to focus producing high tech products.

Remember the Interest Certificate?

It actually means the same as “Don’t call us, we’ll call you”

00D22288-8C61-438C-93C6-6E23166EA3A0.png

It is what it is…..and the wait continues.

Peace

Last edited:

Chris,

Mike L.

The petulant “Veruca Salt attitude” of the modern consumer is very off-putting and, frankly, embarrassing.

I am not sure what trauma or stress consumers have suffered by not having production updates hit their inboxes, on a regular basis, by The Wand Company?

No money has yet been exchanged, as far as I am aware.

Give It To Me Want GIF

Last edited:
The Veruca Salt attitude of the modern consumer is very off-putting and, frankly, childish.

I am not sure what trauma or stress consumers have suffered by not having production updates hit their inboxes on a regular basis by The Wand Company. No money has yet been exchanged, as far as I am aware.

View attachment 1806216
Sleepless nights, irritability issues, diarrhea, headaches, constipation, etc, etc, etc !

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    189 KB · Views: 9
WTH is up with these people??? No monies have been exchanged and the Wand Company has been upfront with their ongoing development. Sure the info has been sporadic but seriously how that ties people up in knots is just silly.

There are a ton of other replica and prop makers to keep us occupied and happy and we still have to fuss over and whine about the Wand Company??? Again there have been NO MONIES EXCHANGED HERE! Wand Company has not swindled anyone but the intimation from some collectors in the community seem to indicate they were or mislead! I mean WTF?

This is laughable!

I wouldn't blame The Wand Company for pulling out of this whole ordeal just based the comments from these whiners. I mean gimme me a break!

The latest comment makes it sound as if the current bottleneck is software. I did not go back to double check my memory of the last four years of updates – but wasn't the plan to be able to get future periodic updates to the tricorder overtime? I may be wrong; it so, the rest is probably moot. If that is the case, and not a dream feature I hallucinated, start manufacturing and selling the physical unit. Get some cash flow going to finance the software development and testing. Then you would even have a host of software alpha and beta testers in the field with software version 0.0, to help you work out the bugs. All the major software developers use their customer base to work out the early kinks in their new software products or new versions. At one point I was buying TWC Pokemon Balls with the idea it might help fund thecompany's other projects but that has become a point of diminishing returns. Perfect is the enemy of the good.

If that is the case, and not a dream feature I hallucinated, start manufacturing and selling the physical unit. Get some cash flow going to finance the software development and testing. Then you would even have a host of software alpha and beta testers in the field with software version 0.0, to help you work out the bugs.
If TWC did this and there were bugs in the released software, the boards would all change from "It's vaporware" to "I can't believe they released it before it was ready. This is crap!"

Last edited:
I have said this many times before that WAND should release the tricorder as a non-functional prop, and then, if and when, they can come back
and release the fully functional at twice the price! As it sits, it looks really fantastic, and I am working on an old MARCO tricorder, and working to make it more like the WAND tricorder, with no video, just sound effects and lights. Even going to try and make the discs as they appear on the WAND page, with different colored labels! VERY neat!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back