The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I feel Wand is a small company, it's definitely not a small undertaking to make the best damn TOS landing party set to every grace our paws!

There are no short cuts when the job needs to be done right, the first time.
There is only one chance.

Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump
Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip? Yo
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
-Eminem-

I feel Wand is a small company, it's definitely not a small undertaking to make the best damn TOS landing party set to every grace our paws!

There are no short cuts when the job needs to be done right, the first time.
There is only one chance.

Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump
Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip? Yo
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
-Eminem-
Truly a poet for the ages.

Be patient everyone. Hopefully it will be produced. Don't give up hope. Besides the longer the wait the better the appreciation when the Tricorder hits our display stands!!! :) In the end it will be worth the wait!

I'm confident that this will happen. I would expect silence until the next big step forward -- perhaps an announcement that production has started. Until then, I think they have been clear that they don't want to give mixed signals and unrealistic expectations.

Supply & Demand is key with most products…..

Wand has to consider if the demand is still there and rising since the introduction of this tricorder.

Marketing should do a new survey of consumers demand……if it’s flattening out, then consider cutting loses…and dropping it.

We all here want it…..but what’s the latest demand beyond us?

It’s never feasible to manufacture when consumer demand is low or not there. No company produces at breaking even or at a loss. Business is business and not charity.

Profits are based on volumes produced and consumer price points.

Does Wand actually believe they’ll make the profits necessary to call it a success?

Since the year of its introduction announcement 2021 and today 2024…..is there still an enthusiastic demand?

Once again…..Wand’s marketing should re-evaluate the present demand.

As of today…in the U.S…..I’m not seeing any notices like “pre-order now” or “coming soon in ####” at the larger collectibles e-tailors such as Entertainment Earth, or Big Bad Toy Store, or even the smaller Toynk.

Make of it what you will…..

Peace

Last edited:
I've been fortunate to survive another tech industry layoff, and I don't have any financial pressure, but overall prices are out of control, to a point where I've cut my non-essential consumption down to almost nothing.

I'd still get one if it was released in the next 6 months (not two, like I had planned), but I'm gradually having second thoughts about it. Not because I'm less interested, but because I see a lot of societal, governmental and financial patterns that I find concerning, and feel I should by wiser with my finances.

I've been fortunate to survive another tech industry layoff, and I don't have any financial pressure, but overall prices are out of control, to a point where I've cut my non-essential consumption down to almost nothing.

I'd still get one if it was released in the next 6 months (not two, like I had planned), but I'm gradually having second thoughts about it. Not because I'm less interested, but because I see a lot of societal, governmental and financial patterns that I find concerning, and feel I should by wiser with my finances.
Well, my position was cut a month ago. Been driving Uber so as to not drain my savings too much while I find a new job. So the wait will work for me.

I work in advertising and while financially I am doing well I to recognize that things with prices are just out of control. Also just like the 2008 financial crisis I to feel some impending disaster looming...and I'm not talking about banks and car companies going kaput...though I do recognize that thousands of people suffered for a long time because of that debacle and I do not mean to minimize their pain and suffering...but I am talking about something much much worse.

With that reasoning I'm definitely getting this tricorder. Life is way to short. Of course the price has to be right and I'm most definitely not splurging on two or more. But I want one and feel, should the Wand Company manufacture said product, that it will be damn worth buying.

Wand Company Star Trek products have clearly demonstrated an increase in value over time -- just look at what phasers are going for an auction sites. Quality and accuracy have always been part of the Wand Company promise. When the tricorder launches, I'm sure demand will be strong and secondary market will be as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back