The Wand Company TOS Phaser Upgrades??

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

AJK001

Sr Member
If you go to the Hero Comm website, HeroComm - Home, they have a very nice section on the Phasers and explain all the different variations including when they switched from he B&W's to the the Gray P2, Dark Gray P1 and Bronze Handle colors they used for the rest of the series.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dann

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Use A VERY SHARP, BRAND NEW, flat Exacto blade, to pry the shells apart, and cover the shells in tape or something, to protect them in case you slip up.

Just be careful, deliberate, and take your time. Go around the perimeter, and pry a little at a time, and eventually the two halves will separate.

There's a thread on some forum or another with some photos, it may even be here, if you search.

Caveneau

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you go to the Hero Comm website, HeroComm - Home, they have a very nice section on the Phasers and explain all the different variations including when they switched from he B&W's to the the Gray P2, Dark Gray P1 and Bronze Handle colors they used for the rest of the series.
Any chance there's a similar site for TNG props? I tried searching on the net but couldn't find anything.

AJK001

Sr Member
Any chance there's a similar site for TNG props? I tried searching on the net but couldn't find anything.

Not that I'm aware of. A lot of the prop work for TNG and later Star Trek series was done by a company called HMS and other than forums like the RPF and Trek Prop Zone that go into the various props and what paints were used, I don't know of any place like Hero Comm. Mike of HMS is a member here so may be able to answer some questions, I believe his board name is HMSMike.

Howard

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I picked up the SD Studios grip - it's superb!

I'm really reluctant to take it further myself though!

AJK001

Sr Member
That is really all you need to do to have a really great replica of the TOS Phaser. The only other mod I did to mine was to add a blue watch crown to the P1.

Howard

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'll get around to it at some stage, although I have heard the metal can discolor - especially on the emitter.

RayR

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That is really all you need to do to have a really great replica of the TOS Phaser. The only other mod I did to mine was to add a blue watch crown to the P1.

I went with red. Of course the dial is inaccurate but I didn’t want to change that out.
66B2B143-7B5E-4475-90A9-18DD5A0C595D.jpeg

AJK001

Sr Member
Looking good. I have a couple of other P1's with red jewels including my JLong as I didn't have a blue one at the time and don't want to try switching it out and ruining it.