The Wand Company TOS Phaser Upgrades??

If you go to the Hero Comm website, HeroComm - Home, they have a very nice section on the Phasers and explain all the different variations including when they switched from he B&W's to the the Gray P2, Dark Gray P1 and Bronze Handle colors they used for the rest of the series.

Use A VERY SHARP, BRAND NEW, flat Exacto blade, to pry the shells apart, and cover the shells in tape or something, to protect them in case you slip up.

Just be careful, deliberate, and take your time. Go around the perimeter, and pry a little at a time, and eventually the two halves will separate.

There's a thread on some forum or another with some photos, it may even be here, if you search.

If you go to the Hero Comm website, HeroComm - Home, they have a very nice section on the Phasers and explain all the different variations including when they switched from he B&W's to the the Gray P2, Dark Gray P1 and Bronze Handle colors they used for the rest of the series.
Any chance there's a similar site for TNG props? I tried searching on the net but couldn't find anything.

Any chance there's a similar site for TNG props? I tried searching on the net but couldn't find anything.

Not that I'm aware of. A lot of the prop work for TNG and later Star Trek series was done by a company called HMS and other than forums like the RPF and Trek Prop Zone that go into the various props and what paints were used, I don't know of any place like Hero Comm. Mike of HMS is a member here so may be able to answer some questions, I believe his board name is HMSMike.

Not really even though it has design elements of various phasers. The phaser is one of the few things I liked about STD.

I picked up the SD Studios grip - it's superb!

I'm really reluctant to take it further myself though!

That is really all you need to do to have a really great replica of the TOS Phaser. The only other mod I did to mine was to add a blue watch crown to the P1.

I'll get around to it at some stage, although I have heard the metal can discolor - especially on the emitter.

That is really all you need to do to have a really great replica of the TOS Phaser. The only other mod I did to mine was to add a blue watch crown to the P1.

I went with red. Of course the dial is inaccurate but I didn’t want to change that out.
66B2B143-7B5E-4475-90A9-18DD5A0C595D.jpeg

Looking good. I have a couple of other P1's with red jewels including my JLong as I didn't have a blue one at the time and don't want to try switching it out and ruining it.

My Wand phaser has a broken emitter. The outer, longer clear acrylic part is in pieces.

Does anyone know who might sell a replacement part? I'm going nuts looking for one.

If someone has upgraded theirs, I would love to buy this part from you.

Thanks

Just discovered (no pun, hate the reboots) this thread and what a trove of useful information (although many of the parts seem to be no longer available). Without steering this thread off-topic, how does the Wand communicator compare? Are there suggested upgrades for improving the accuracy of it too, or is it fine out-of-the-box?

Just discovered (no pun, hate the reboots) this thread and what a trove of useful information (although many of the parts seem to be no longer available). Without steering this thread off-topic, how does the Wand communicator compare? Are there suggested upgrades for improving the accuracy of it too, or is it fine out-of-the-box?
In my opinion, the communicator is perfect, no upgrades are necessary. You can get replacement batteries for it, but that's the only thing I've seen.

Some people replaced the jewels with the period correct ones, added real t-jet hubs and put in the correct looking screws on the back. If it looks good out of the box to you then you really don't need to do anything.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back