The Walking Dead Season 4

It could wind up like some bizarre religious cult where the people "willingly" give themselves up to be eaten.

It's weird to have that memorial there for those that might have been eaten if you don't really care about your victims.

Maybe some type of brainwashing going on to sacrifice themselves for the greater good or as a way to go straight to heaven without passing go. Maybe they try starving victims into submission

This arc with Terminus isnt happening in the comics right? As far as I remember, they next place they met other survivors was in Washington , right?

Frankly, I don't see how Rick makes good on his threat (being unarmed and all) against a group of people with guns, experience and a plan without some deus ex machina.

So, does every newcomer get sent to the box, or just the ones who refuse a plate? And are there really dozens of people hiding out in the woods, waiting for people to arrive?

Frankly, I don't see how Rick makes good on his threat (being unarmed and all) against a group of people with guns, experience and a plan without some deus ex machina.

You could say the same thing during the situation where the Claimers found Rick, Michonne and Carl, with guns on them, Daryl being beaten to near death, Carl about to be given the Deliverance treatment. Rick was completely unarmed, yet he managed to successfully take out Joe, which afforded Michonne and Daryl a chance at getting the drop on the captors and Rick giving "Deserved It" Dan the Psycho stabbing. Clearly, Joe and company underestimated Rick, had him and the others trapped. All it took was that underestimation for Rick and company to get the upper hand. Just because Rick and company are now in a railroad car, doesn't mean that the Terminus people won't make the same mistake. And when they do, Rick and company are going to get the upper hand.

The thing I'm worried about is that Carol and Tyreese are heading for the same trap. And I've got a feeling that baby Judith is going to be served as baby back ribs soon.

My guess... Beth was in that one container screaming for help -or- possibly already in the Terminus community and will be the key to Rick and Co. getting the upper hand.

I thought the candle area wasn't for "sacrifices", but a memorial to the people Terminus lost. The messages on the walls indicated they have some SERIOUS trust issues. Perhaps they suffered a few earlier attacks and have now created a "human snare" to collect supplies and a ready source of protein. They were all interconnected via radio from the moment Ricks group entered through the back door. I get the vibe that the Termites are really good at what they do and the bone pile shows they have been doing it a while now.

I always wondered if the Neighborhoods and Funeral Home on the way to terminus were baited traps made by the Termites to catch people off-guard. Make anyone that finds the place complacent, flush them out with a few walkers, and pick up anyone who runs out in the chaos.

I really dug this last half of the season. I can't believe it's done already :(

So, does every newcomer get sent to the box, or just the ones who refuse a plate? And are there really dozens of people hiding out in the woods, waiting for people to arrive?

That's what I was wondering. Do they actually integrate people? That lady made some comment along the lines of "I see you came in the back way, good choice" Do they simply do something like people who come in a certain way get offered a chance/

As far as waiting for people to arrive, I'm sure they have lookouts etc.. who probably alert everyone when they need to get into position for incoming arrivals rather than just sitting their all day

If they have the place surrounded with look outs, and they hear gun fire, I'm guessing they have protocol to meet at a certain location. If you think about it, what better way to get supplies...invite people and then eat them.

So, those flashbacks - do they script a whole season before shooting so that stuff could be shot early on?

If they have the place surrounded with look outs, and they hear gun fire, I'm guessing they have protocol to meet at a certain location. If you think about it, what better way to get supplies...invite people and then eat them.

Plus, walkie-talkies helped them. You can hear the walkie-talkies squawking a few times during the group's run (the first time you hear it is when the sniper is firing at them to keep them from leaving, which drives them to the autoshop area).

So, those flashbacks - do they script a whole season before shooting so that stuff could be shot early on?

Some shows do, but in the case of the flashbacks in the episode, they were the last scenes filmed so to be able to show the progression between the last season and the start of the fourth (in fact, you can notice that Hershel is still walking with crutches, Rick's beard isn't as thick, etc).

Typically the entire season is scripted or layed out before filming begins. If you watched the Talking Dead they mentioned telling Farmer John not to cut his hair after he was to be headed out of the show.

Speaking of the containers and people inside as they ran by, was there a girl yelling "Daryl"?

I haven't read the comics, but supposedly Beth is taken by some preacher. Not sure if they're following through with that or not. I don't see these "Terminites" going out and kidnapping people. They seem to let their propaganda of offering "sanctuary" bring them to them.

I haven't read the comics, but supposedly Beth is taken by some preacher. Not sure if they're following through with that or not. I don't see these "Terminites" going out and kidnapping people. They seem to let their propaganda of offering "sanctuary" bring them to them.

They may be doing it if they run low on people to kill and cook. We don't know the full amount of people at Terminus, only those we've seen. People eat daily. One human being could only feed half of the people we've seen at Terminus. And by the way it sounded, with the sound of the woman and the guy's voices calling for help, they were clearly running low and Glenn and Company may have been the first set of people that've shown up in weeks.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back