The Walking Dead Season 4

I would but I'm still confused about what a magazine is. :angel

so do you drive a car or must it be called an automobile ?
This is a ridiculous comparison. It'd be like driving a sedan and calling it a minivan. Which still is not the most accurate comparison, but something you may understand.

poster33090609rc9.jpg

I'm gone one night and this thread blows up like this? Sheesh! I guess anyone who thinks clip and mag are interchangeable don't mind when I call their Mac a PC or their iPhone an Android. I mean they're the same thing, right?

(Seriously though, I am a sport shooter and we WILL laugh at your stupidity if you use the wrong terminology, then correct you on it. Doesn't matter if it's common 'slang' or not, they are two separate things with separate functions. People who call them 'clips' probably hold their guns to the side gangsta-style when they fire them and wonder why they just sprained their wrist with recoil. But I'll just be over here in the NRA member corner with the other crazies who will save your butts when the world goes to pot. I actually recently read a book that mentions putting a clip into a Glock and thumbing off the safety. I was all WTF about it.) :)

(Cue 'The More You Know' intro...)

ANYWAY...
My theory on the carseat being left behind is that the kids grabbed her and they were having to hold the carseat between them to run, which was slow and awkward so they grabbed her out and the older girl carried her. That or maybe a walker got a hold of the carseat and they grabbed her out of it and ran like hell.

I'm pretty sure Judith is dead too. I was disappointed they didn't make her death the trigger for the Governor's though. ...

She was not in the "In Memorium" segment on the talking dead. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean she's not dead if they are trying to use it as a cliffhanger and are trying to fool us by not including it, but at the same time, she might not have been included simply because she is alive still and it was an unintended spoiler. The question in that case would be who took her and where is she at.

A "wacky" theory...but what if Carol had been hanging around the prison and when things went South she found a way in, grabbed the baby and drove off in the bus? That could be her ticket back into the group

A more likely scenario though is the Lizzie or Beth grabbed her, and possibly was the one who drove the bus away

Who is the one doing the rat thing?!

That's what I've been thinking about lately. Whoever is doing that stuff has some serious issues and is a threat to the group.

Was it a rat, cause it looked like a rabbit to me on that board.

If someone is messing around pinning dead open animals to check out the inside. Plis Thinking if I can draw a zombie in with a rat. I can get ahold of one to practice on. Money is on who has medical training...need a drink Doc?

Who is the one doing the rat thing?!

That's what I've been thinking about lately. Whoever is doing that stuff has some serious issues and is a threat to the group.

The current theory is the oldest of the two girls that Carol "adopted" because she's been shown to have an odd fascination with walkers to the point of naming them.

The current theory is the oldest of the two girls that Carol "adopted" because she's been shown to have an odd fascination with walkers to the point of naming them.

This is the direction I've been leaning, but I'm still far from certain. Also this little bit of knowledge would support the claim: that little girl is creepier than hell.

I have some ideas as to where her character might fit in with some of the comicbook- The twins?

A "wacky" theory...but what if Carol had been hanging around the prison and when things went South she found a way in, grabbed the baby and drove off in the bus? That could be her ticket back into the group

A more likely scenario though is the Lizzie or Beth grabbed her, and possibly was the one who drove the bus away

Interesting theory but I'm not sure that Carol would just drive off in the bus like that, I'd she'd wait around for as long as she could to get as many people as possible onboard.

Speaking of bugging out when things go south, do you all think they actually have a solid bug out plan this time, including a rendevous point? They certainly didn't at Herschel's farm and I'm wondering if they actually learned their lesson and worked out a plan beyond just getting everybody on the bus and driving away from the prison.

Interesting theory but I'm not sure that Carol would just drive off in the bus like that, I'd she'd wait around for as long as she could to get as many people as possible onboard.

Speaking of bugging out when things go south, do you all think they actually have a solid bug out plan this time, including a rendevous point? They certainly didn't at Herschel's farm and I'm wondering if they actually learned their lesson and worked out a plan beyond just getting everybody on the bus and driving away from the prison.

It looked like the had a pretty solid plan, but as you could see during the episode, I don't think it went off as planned. I think you have a situation, now, where people aren't exactly sure of what their roles are and how to proceed. Do you go along with the original plan or do you search for survivors and try and get the party back together before proceeding?

To me it looked like they had a plan if the prison gave way to a mega-herd and became over run with zombies, or small-scale attacks by groups of people. They definitely weren't prepared to deal with a tank though.

Was it a rat, cause it looked like a rabbit to me on that board.

If someone is messing around pinning dead open animals to check out the inside. Plis Thinking if I can draw a zombie in with a rat. I can get ahold of one to practice on. Money is on who has medical training...need a drink Doc?

It's the girl. Killing/torturing/pinning animals is a classic indicator of sociopathy. Remember Peter Wiggin?

It looked like the had a pretty solid plan, but as you could see during the episode, I don't think it went off as planned. I think you have a situation, now, where people aren't exactly sure of what their roles are and how to proceed. Do you go along with the original plan or do you search for survivors and try and get the party back together before proceeding?

To me it looked like they had a plan if the prison gave way to a mega-herd and became over run with zombies, or small-scale attacks by groups of people. They definitely weren't prepared to deal with a tank though.

Well, I don't think that anybody really thinks about tanks in their bugout/escape plans except for the most paranoid of paranoid doomsday/government take over preppers. Not a whole lot anybody can do against a tank without access to any sort of AT weapon, what Daryl did was probably the best you could do, even a tank as old as the M60 is going to be immune to anything most civilians can get their hands on.

The more I think about the Governor killing Herschel, the less sense it makes. I get he's a psycho and it's hard to make sense out of what he does, I also understand that killing Herschel might make a bigger statement to the prison gang. But, he had Michonne - someone I would've thought he would've killed on sight with their history - it just makes more sense for him to kill Michonne.

Kill Michonne and Rick and the gang might be more willing to deal - Michonne was more a warrior (with blood on her hands) and her death would've shocked them, but might not've spurred the reaction Herschel's did. Seeing Michonne killed and seeing Herschel defenseless they may've made some other attempt to stall or outright make a deal to save the "helpless old man."

So... again, this just doesn't add up to me. As crazy as he is, he is still a man stuck on revenge - at Rick & the prison and probably moreso at Michonne - he's still a smart man (he did run an entire town); killing Herschel just doesn't add up.

I think he did it because he needed a firefight to start RIGHT NOW. All that talk about taking the prison without bloodshed was just pillow talk to get his new group to the fence. He was determined to kill everyone in the prison, and was counting on Rick to touch off the massacre by refusing to back down. I don't think he anticipated Rick offering cohabitation so readily or so convincingly.

Maybe Rick was getting through to him (probably not,) but he was definitely getting through to the rest of the Governor's people. Rick was offering them exactly what the Gov. offered to get them to mobilize in the first place. That put the Governor in a position where he'd have to choose between his people and his revenge. It also seemed clear that Rick would at least continue to lead his own group, and might even talk the Governor's group out from under him once they were inside the walls, and the Governor does not suffer other men to lead.

So there's the Governor, thinking he had all the cards, everything he needed to get revenge and keep his little replacement family, and Rick forced him to choose between them. In his mind, I'm sure there was no choice at that point - in Rick's position, he'd have taken the other group in, murdered their leader and assumed command of them, so he probably assumes Rick would do that if he led his people into the prison peacefully. So keeping his new family isn't an option, as far as he reckons. Killing Michonne isn't a viable option either, because it's likely to cost him leadership of his own group even if it does cause Rick's group to quit the prison.

So he takes what he considers to be his only remaining option: kill the hostage he knows is most likely to cause Rick's group to open fire on is people and force them to fight. His family is already off the table, so he settles for his revenge. Lilly comes to him as he finishes butchering Hershel to confirm his choice and pound it home for the audience.

Sorry to disappoint you, but after new german anthropomorphic researches, Neanderthals and H0mo Sapiens mated together and the Neanderthals genes merged into H0mo Sapiens. No killing, peaceful assimilation. (Damn filter…)

I was going to stick to walking dead but YOU brought in this new information and theory so what can I do.

they have found one human/gieco caveman hybrid in the fertile crescent where our two species first met, which 99.9 percent of scientist still deny the existence of . and one case is hardly peaceful assimilation. and due to the fact we don't carry there distinctive DNA suggests the same as well . but im sure your right that area of the world has always been known for its lack of killing and peaceful assimilations. and im doubly sure that humans who were just starting to use language met and talked things over peacefully with these strange new people who were competition on there food source.

and for MFP 2020 again I am sure I didn't use the correct textbook terminology. when I was at the range troubleshooting my weapons problems the military was a few ranges over drilling or whatever the correct term for what they were doing is. and the "leader dude" pretty Sure he was a sergeant but im sure one of you will know his proper rank somehow magically and correct me. came over and after a bit said "did you try taking off the compensator ?" im sure now is what he said but with the gun fire I didn't here him I say " what?" he says " this here the recoil suppressor ." he takes it off . it works . so that is what I have called it ever since. then later at our local gun store filled with military , gun enthusiasts, and workers of the store I hear some one looking at an AK and say "but I hear there not very accurate ?" I mention my problem and call the item a suppressor the store worker who I later find out is one of the store gunsmiths proceeds to tell why they can affect accuracy calling it a recoil suppressor multiple time was he just being nice in not correcting me because I inadvertently was helping him make a sale ? most likely.
but 15 people did not fall out of the woodwork having a fit to correct him or me. also at the range I mentioned I changed the CLIP and he didn't have a fit or even correct me.

BECAUSE I HEARD HALF HIS MEN REFER TO THERE MAGAZINES AS CLIPS .

what is funny is I looked up does a slant compensator affect accuracy on an ak47 and I found one forum where everyone agreed they did . one forum where everyone agreed they did not and a butt ton (not sure if that is the correct technical term sorry) who were warring about it like us.LOL.

NOW IF WERE GOING TO BE THIS WAY WE CAN NOT EVER SAY THE ZED WORD BECAUSE ZOMBIE TECHNICALLY REFERS TO A PERSON WHO'S SPIRT HAS BEEN STOLEN BY A VOODOO PRIEST. AND REFERING TO THE WALKING DEAD AS A ZOMBIE IS WRONG WRONG WRONG !!!

ok seriously back walking dead
someone mentioned when the governor shot the inmate he used a scope so he could make the shot and carl didn't have a scope so he could not shoot the same distance. it is not the same distance the gov was hiding in the tree line and the inmate was at least 30 feet from the fence maybe farther so it was closer to a hundred yards for the gov's shot . the truth is the writers, im sure popped that line in late in the script when some said "why would carl not just shoot the governor ?" so I am still going to lay it off to Daryl being used to the effective range of the bow and not confident in Carl's shooting ability.

and again a competent marksmen should be able to hit something the size of a man standing stationary with that gun from 200 yards . not an easy shot but with low wind doable. the governor was at 50 yard and stationary.

just once I want to see a stand off like that where one group all picks a target do a 3 2 1 count down and fires .

the gov saying" how can I trust my family in there wi "... KAPOW governor dead ,tank dude dead , half there crew dead . rick standing at the fence line
"so you guys still wanna crash here or what ?"

I also love how Maggie wears a vest to protect against human attack while leaving her arms legs and head exposed . all the places deadite's love to chew.

Last edited:
ok seriously back walking dead
someone mentioned when the governor shot the inmate he used a scope so he could make the shot and carl didn't have a scope so he could not shoot the same distance.

It's called an optic not a scope. :lol Oh, I just couldn't help myself. :lol

and again a competent marksmen should be able to hit something the size of a man standing stationary with that gun from 200 yards . not an easy shot but with low wind doable. the governor was at 50 yard and stationary.

I'm no "sharp shooter" or "marksmen" by military standards but ... The M16 style 5.56mm rifle has an effective range of 300 meters. We routinely trained firing at this distance with iron sights (only specialized units got optics). It really doesn't take much talent firing from prone or supported to hit a stationary human target at that distance. We also trained using VR battle field scenarios, true distance pop-up targets, and moving targets. Everyone was proficient after only a few days of training, and most had very little prior experience.

With that said, any of the prison group at the fenceline should of been able to hit the Gov before he sliced Herschel ... Also, Daryl had an AR style rifle with (if memory serves) a trijicon 3x red dot optic for most of the tank invasion. No excuses. Just poor writing.

I would but I'm still confused about what a magazine is. :angel

This is a ridiculous comparison. It'd be like driving a sedan and calling it a minivan. Which still is not the most accurate comparison, but something you may understand.

View attachment 261152

I'm gone one night and this thread blows up like this? Sheesh! I guess anyone who thinks clip and mag are interchangeable don't mind when I call their Mac a PC or their iPhone an Android. I mean they're the same thing, right?

(Seriously though, I am a sport shooter and we WILL laugh at your stupidity if you use the wrong terminology, then correct you on it. Doesn't matter if it's common 'slang' or not, they are two separate things with separate functions. People who call them 'clips' probably hold their guns to the side gangsta-style when they fire them and wonder why they just sprained their wrist with recoil. But I'll just be over here in the NRA member corner with the other crazies who will save your butts when the world goes to pot. I actually recently read a book that mentions putting a clip into a Glock and thumbing off the safety. I was all WTF about it.) :)

(Cue 'The More You Know' intro...)

ANYWAY...
My theory on the carseat being left behind is that the kids grabbed her and they were having to hold the carseat between them to run, which was slow and awkward so they grabbed her out and the older girl carried her. That or maybe a walker got a hold of the carseat and they grabbed her out of it and ran like hell.

DAMN another one
I never said they were interchangeable I am saying it does not matter what you call it at this point because there has not been confusion on what someone is talking about since some dude with a Thompson ask for a clip back in '42 and got tossed the wrong thing. so if you go to the U.K. and they call it a charger are you gonna have a fit?????????????
uh I really don't care what you call my computer or phone and seriously if some one asks " hey can I use your iPhone ?" all of your friends will turn laugh and then you will berate them " ITS AN ANDROID , WHAT ARE YOU STUPID !" and now you brought up sideways gun play . your gonna hate me for knowing this but that all started in the late 70's after the Uzi was invented and one of the masad ( don't know how to spell it ) Israeli special forces dude well call, him noticed if you have a line of targets in a row and you turn the gun sideways and aim at the feet of the target on you far right and squeeze the trigger the way the Uzi kicks you will hit the feet and legs of the first target the knee and stomach of the second and the chest and head of the third. and was taught to them as an option against multiple attackers who are standing within a few feet each other . then Hollywood took it from there.

yeah glock always gets B.S. the sopranos a glock was dropped and went off killing someone , and another movie I cant think of right now same thing and that is one of the main factors about a glock it will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. but my favorite glock mess up is in the movie vulgar dude storms in pulls his glock pulls the trigger nothing his enemy's take him down and then a dumb one picks up the glock fondles it looks down the barrel and shoots himself the theory that in his handling of the gun he knocked the nonexistent safety off .

on the dead what did the girls do with the baby then , if they took her to the bus the adults are not gonna let them leave again. if they hid her one of the kids would have stayed with her but you see them all again together , so it is still my theory there is an unknown/forgotten person In the prison the one nailing bloody things up for decoration, who has the baby , although I would love for carol to have him cuz her and caryl are the only one with a clue about how to survive. and the governor if he would give up on revenge. and he aint dead man im telling you that chick shot herself in front of him .

Last edited:
gov is dead, he isn't tupac. He took a katana next to the heart..which I'm shocked he was still alive laying on the grass. None the less, he was bleeding out and zombies would be on him in a second anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

gov popped that dude looking out his patch eye to boot.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back