The Walking Dead: Negan's Bat Lucille [TWD Comic Spoilers]

WyattLayne

[SPOILERS FOR THE WALKING DEAD COMIC]

I have a few different movie and video game props, but none from any of my favorite comic books. So I figured, why not start with Negan's bat from The Walking Dead?

Here are some reference photos:
955.jpgTwd100cover_adlard.jpg

It seems like the most obvious way to go would be to get a lousiville slugger from a sporting good store...

size-32.jpg

...and then since I don't want to actually cut myself or for this to be dangerous mounted on the wall, I was thinking of getting some fake "decorative" barbed wire to wrap around it. Like the one here--- Amazon.com: Barbed Wire Plastic Garland: Everything Else

This is the first time I'm ever trying to "build" a prop, rather than purchase one, so I hope I can get some advice from some of the awesome talents here at theRPF. What do you think?

Another option would be using real barbed wire and filing down the tips. I've never seen decorative barbed wire so I don't know what it looks like.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back