the walking dead-frame

Donzeltom

( Not even sure where to put this post. Please re-locate if possible/ necessary ... )

I´m actually working on three Star Wars-Projects at the moment but none of those is actually developed far enough to be put here.

But i´ve been owning a "Walking-Dead-First-Season-Full-Cast-Signed-Autograph". It´s mainly a black piece of cardboard with the autograph inserted in the upper part and a second insert in the lower half naming all actors. I´ve always wanted to put this on the wall but never found a nice frame to to so. Last week i bought a simple black one ( 6 Euro´s = about 7 Dollars ) with quite an ugly and curvy outline. I thought that this goth-like look might work.. I didn´t at all. Right next to the frames the store sold acrylic colors and i had bought a dark red as well ( already anticipating that the frame would not look great at all ).
I removed the glas and put the autograph in. I then spent about 2 Minutes to tape/mask the important parts. After that i mixed the red color with water 50:50 and went outside for the fun-part. As my son is 6 months old we have a lot of stuff for diaper changing on the go. I took one of those throw-away protectors, put the frame on it and splattered the color down on it from a ladder. It took the "blood" 6 hours to dry. After that I removed the tape and put the glas back in. I know this is not one of those awesome builds which are standard here, but it turned out way better than i imagined and maybe someone can use my spaltter-technique for other projects. Thanks for your time and sorry for the bad english .. School´s been a while. Greetings from Germany, Tim

View attachment 507381 IMG_5746.JPGIMG_5747.JPGIMG_5748.JPGIMG_5749.JPGIMG_5766.JPGIMG_5769.PNG

Welcome aboard and you are wrong, thats an AWESOME way to display!

Great job !! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back