The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Nope nope nope. You're not fooling me into watching that kick to the feels. It's what's holding me back from playing it on the ps4. I never realized that the PS3 is basically a giant library of JRPGs.

Ah. Yeah it's pretty infamous considering it's literally the first 15 minutes of the game. The next one is going to have a hard time topping it. I beat it on ps3 and have it on ps4 but can't bring myself to play it. I mean you can skip over the scene but you still know it's coming. I thought Naughty Dog was evil for what they did in Uncharted 3 but this took the cake. It's up there with Aeris dying in FF7.

I'm assuming part 2 is going to be a new story line. That world has to have a ton of stories, they could probably even get away with prequel games during the 20 year gap, to tell as I bet there are more survivors like Tommy out there than anyone knows. I wouldn't be surprised if the military survived in some remote areas.

I heard today the movie's shelved (The Last Of Us).
Hopefully they can resurrect it soon and cast this girl as Ellie:

the-nice-guys-angourie-rice-600x400.jpg

Angourie Rice. She was great in The Nice Guys.
I believe she's been cast in Spider-Man: Homecoming, as well.
If they have to wait a few years to get the movie off the ground again, that's okay -
Then they can cast Mille Bobby Brown.

I'm much rather they not retread the movie and do something original, every time they make a game movie with established characters it's garbage. What they should do is do animated movies like Capcom does with resident evil, they've been better than the games lately.

If anyone here hasn't played The Witcher 3 go get it on Steam right now. It's $29.99 for GOTY edition. If you like Skyrim you'll like this. It's a little more gritty and Games of Thrones (violence, nudity) though. I never played the first two and didn't have any problems following along. You might miss references to people you obviously should know, but it doesn't affect the game. I think I've been playing it for two or three weeks pretty much every night and am only level 21.

I had Witcher when it came out but my poor PC hated it. It's pretty racy too lol. Speaking of which what is up with Watchdogs? Some of the conversations and videos you can hack caught me off guard lol. I got Final fantasy 15 coming next week, xcom 2 is wrapped up as it's an xmas gift to myself, and i got the Dragon Lair trilogy with space ace too for xmas. This is the one year i've gotten very few games but i had my folks get me a ton of vintage horror/scifi films.

Sadly about 10 countries broke street date and youtubers have spoiled it and beat it in 40 hours but i bet they didn't do everything. After 10 years it better not be another Duke Nukem lol. That said damn is Cid's granddaughter in the game hot.

To be honest the only reason I preordered it is I want the game they give you as a bonus: it takes place 20 years earlier around the time of the tie-in movie they did and is done in the style of the old SNES games. Oddly enough I watched a demo that square gave some folks and on the weapon select menu you're characters are 16 bit characters and do that movement they did to indicate you can use those weapons lol.

I went and got Mega man 9. I'll tell you, that is one hard game. Then I watch a speed runner beat it in like 25 mins. His 10 mins has taken me 2 and a half hours and I still haven't best it yet.

i dunno.. maybe because i grew up with this difficulty level.

games people say are hard i find rather easy..

i don't speed run through 'em, but i can usually beat 'em without a sweat.

new 3D games i find far harder.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back