The Vampire Killing Kit or "The accoutrements for the eradication of vampires"

This Rocks on Toast, I love this! It looks totally vintage.

I started making a Vampire Killing kit a few years back but never was able to get lid sitting right (and got distracted) but you inspire me to try it again.

I own a semi-auto Tommygun that uses a "viola" case thats basically blank with some foam padding. It has enough room for a few stick mags, a drum and still have room for extra's.

My Idea
I'm a Big H.P Lovecraft fan, and I'm now going to turn the vintage style case into a "Mythos Hunter" case, but with a Thompson and a 1911 pistol. It will have some common items with a "Blomberg" with a few "mythos" specific items and perhaps a copy of "Nameless Cults". The exterior case will get covered in 1920's era steamship luggage labels and hotel stickers.

Any advise to us on the best way to line the case in cloth? Your work looks perfect.

This Rocks on Toast, I love this! It looks totally vintage.

I started making a Vampire Killing kit a few years back but never was able to get lid sitting right (and got distracted) but you inspire me to try it again.

I own a semi-auto Tommygun that uses a "viola" case thats basically blank with some foam padding. It has enough room for a few stick mags, a drum and still have room for extra's.

My Idea
I'm a Big H.P Lovecraft fan, and I'm now going to turn the vintage style case into a "Mythos Hunter" case, but with a Thompson and a 1911 pistol. It will have some common items with a "Blomberg" with a few "mythos" specific items and perhaps a copy of "Nameless Cults". The exterior case will get covered in 1920's era steamship luggage labels and hotel stickers.

Any advise to us on the best way to line the case in cloth? Your work looks perfect.

THanks for the comments.

I can definitely see a full monster kit sometime in my future.
Maybe include items for zombies (not the modern "virus" spawned zombies, but the older voodoo spawned zombies). According to the old Night Stalker TV show, a voodoo zombie could be killed by pouring salt into their mouths and sewing their mouth shut while white candles were burning.
Werewolves I would probably include silver items and a pentagram charm.

As for the inner velvet lining, I was originally going to use the old method of applying (which included cutting your own cloth, using adhesive to attach it to carboard type paper, and then cutting the cardboard and velevet out and gluing it to the inside of the box) , but that seemed like too much of a pain in the butt....So instead I picked up some self adhesive velveet from a company called Rockler online.

The only pain in the butt is taking the measurements of all the planes of the compartments and drawing it on the paper backing of the self adhesive velvet.
I actually did the drawing on normal papewr first, then cut it out and tested to see if it would fit on the panels of the box. If it fit, then I would simply trace the shape of the paper on the back of the adhesive velvet.

Re: WIP: The Vampire Killing Kit or "The accoutrements for the eradication of vampir

Update -

IMG_1128.jpg

DS[/QUOTE
Is having your Uncharted journal in the pic an intentional easter egg? :lol

I've, too, developed an appeal for the vintage and the story attached to them, and I really like your project, and that's coming from someone not easily impressed by vampire-anything. Really good work.

Remember Boba Fett's wookie braids as trophies? I'd add some vampire-hunting trophies to the kit, such as a small stash of removed fangs, covered in dried-up blood. You could use faux animal fangs or real animal fangs, if you look in the right places.

Another thing I would suggest is this item I've been researching for a while. I know the price is brutal, but do an ebay search and you will find many alike options at a fraction of the price:

St Relic Reliquary Catholic Cross Crucifix Antique 985R - eBay (item 220702525476 end time Jun-25-11 00:19:08 PDT)

You can fill one up with garlic or any other "quick solution" Vampire repellant ingredient. It's gadget-ish, can be worn, and it can't hurt to have another cross in the arsenal, right? This one, of course, can be worn, like Lex Luthor's Kryptonite ring to keep Superman away enough to be safe. Hope I've helped :)

Very nice work indeed.
I used to be heavily into Vampire lore as a kid, but the glut of inferior fiction and film sort of put a damper on the whole thing for me for ages.
I still retain most of the things I read about european vampire lore though.
One thing I think you might want to add to your already stellar kit is justa simple piece of intricately knotted twine. This stems from the lore attaining to one of the eastern european vamps (either the Strigoi or Moroi, perhaps even the Wurdulak. Can't recall exactly), that they were such obsessive puzzle solvers, that if they came upon knotted twine they could become so obsessed with unpicking it that they forgot about their intended victim and remained rooted to the spot until sun up.

Edit: scratch that, I think I see it now. Nice detail!

Last edited:
What a cool project! It is inspiring work.

Makes me wonder what a modern vampire hunter might put in a kit.

:)

the book department 19 by Will Hill is about kid who is part of a modern vampire-killing division of the government. its a pretty good book, but what makes it better is that they have modern vampire-killing weapons in it, and there are pictures of them on their website. for modern vampire weaponry, click here: Department 19 | Home

One thing I think you might want to add to your already stellar kit is justa simple piece of intricately knotted twine. This stems from the lore attaining to one of the eastern european vamps (either the Strigoi or Moroi, perhaps even the Wurdulak. Can't recall exactly), that they were such obsessive puzzle solvers, that if they came upon knotted twine they could become so obsessed with unpicking it that they forgot about their intended victim and remained rooted to the spot until sun up.

Edit: scratch that, I think I see it now. Nice detail!

LOL, yup, it's already in the kit.

Almost done building a second kit.
much smaller, better use of space, more faithful and authentic to the Blomberg style Vamp kits seen in museums.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back