The Umbrella Academy

I'm five episodes in and liking it just fine. I only have one question, why is #5 the only person who never changes clothes?

Maybe because he hasn't been in the 1960s long enough to warrant the change (everyone else has been there between 1 to 3 years, so they would have had to change their clothes. In Season 1, he probably wore three out of his surplus of UA uniforms so that he didn't have to wear the same one every day). Also keep in mind, it's been 10 days since he first arrived back to 2019 (in Season 1) and an addition 4 (in Season 2 as mentioned when he meets with his past self). So, the only clothes he had access to was his old uniform (and it's not like his family's gonna front him some money for new clothes in either time period), and the uniform itself is so non-descript that it can technically be worn in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or 2000s+ without much any need for changing them due to the style fitting in all decades (as private school uniforms are really so generic in their appearance).

I really enjoyed Season 2, perhaps more than Season 1, TBH. Klaus and Ben continue to be my favorites, and I was REALLY pleased to see some actual acting out of Ellen Page. She was SO GOOD in the last couple of episodes. I have nothing against her, per se, but she just seems so FLAT and noninflected in everything I've ever seen her in. It was nice to see some real chops from her.

Or a have name? They all call eachother by the names given to them by mother. But #5 is always #5. Did i miss something?
In the comics, it's said that he has a name, but it's been so long since anyone has said it, they've all forgotten what it was.

Their numbers (Based on what The Monocle thought their order of usefulness was)/code names/names are-

No 1-Spaceboy (Luther Hargreeves)

No 2-The Kraken (Diego Hargreeves)

No 3-The Rumor (Allison Hargreeves)

No 4-The Séance (Klaus Hargreeves)

No 5-The Boy (Number Five)

No 6- The Horror (Ben Hargreeves)

No 7-The White Violin (Vanya Hargreeves)

Or a have name? They all call eachother by the names given to them by mother. But #5 is always #5. Did i miss something?

Maybe because due to his situation from jumping forward in time, becoming stuck in the apocalypse and then being inducted into being a time-traveling assassin, he probably never thought about needing a name because of his circumstances. Think of it like this: the reason why everyone else picked a name for themselves because they had normal lives, where having names would be common. When it comes to the Commission, they don't seem to care about regular names of their time traveling assassins (unless you're working at the main building, where it seems to be optional), but code names (think of it, we have The Handler, whose name has never come up. Hazel and Cha-Cha sound like normal names, but they could very well be codenames, as hazel is the name of a plant and Cha-Cha is a dance of Cuban origin. Five, as strange as it may be, sounds like a pretty good codename). So, given the situation he's been through, he's never thought of getting himself an actual name to hall himself.

But that's just my hypothesis, I could very well be wrong.

Maybe because due to his situation from jumping forward in time, becoming stuck in the apocalypse and then being inducted into being a time-traveling assassin, he probably never thought about needing a name because of his circumstances. Think of it like this: the reason why everyone else picked a name for themselves because they had normal lives, where having names would be common. When it comes to the Commission, they don't seem to care about regular names of their time traveling assassins (unless you're working at the main building, where it seems to be optional), but code names (think of it, we have The Handler, whose name has never come up. Hazel and Cha-Cha sound like normal names, but they could very well be codenames, as hazel is the name of a plant and Cha-Cha is a dance of Cuban origin. Five, as strange as it may be, sounds like a pretty good codename). So, given the situation he's been through, he's never thought of getting himself an actual name to hall himself.

But that's just my hypothesis, I could very well be wrong.

They had names when they were kids, working as heroes. In the flashbacks to that time, Allison and Luthor were using eachother's names while making cow-eyes at one another. Diego and Ben called eachother by name, as did Ben and Klaus. Also, Mom calls them all by name. They weren't just names they randomly chose for themselves.

They had names when they were kids, working as heroes. In the flashbacks to that time, Allison and Luthor were using each other's names while making cow-eyes at one another. Diego and Ben called each other by name, as did Ben and Klaus. Also, Mom calls them all by name. They weren't just names they randomly chose for themselves.

To be fair, the flashback scenes in Season 2 do kinda conflict with what Season 1 states (as I think it was Diego who said is that they didn't have names, just numbers in the first episode). But then again, I could be wrong, as I haven't rewatched Season 1 to confirm. Maybe Five just hadn't figured out a name when he was young and then with everything that happened, he got sidetracked. According to the Wikipedia description of Five in the comic form, it says as follows: Number Five had a name but it wasn't spoken for so long that all of his siblings forgot what it was, as did he. If the same thing applies to the Netflix adaptation, it's hard to know (as they did change a few details, such as Five's age when he went missing and came back as, the Netflix series making him three years older than when he was when he went missing in the comic). All I'm doing is presenting possibilities, but to me, it makes sense that they came up with their own names over time with the exception of Five, and that Pogo and Grace knew what they were (and Reginald didn't care to know).

Finished it weeks ago. Pretty good for a third season. Not a big fan of Allison, though. Can't wait for her to get some Laser-Guided Karma for her actions in the last few episodes.

I'm really not feeling it..
It used to be a clever witty time Jumping show that left your head spinning but always fun to watch.
Pockets of it are fun like Klaus and The Monacle but I can't stand the Swallow Academy characters.. Maybe that's the point though.

I still have two ep left and having Absolutely loved the first two seasons feel its falling off a cliff..
It was good to see Pogo back as a biker and both Five and Klaus are still my Favourite characters.. They pretty much carry the show for me..

Still no light on why The Monacle had reptilian skin, unless I missed it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back