The Umbrella Academy

harrisonp

Sr Member
IIRC 5 was a kid because there was a version of himself quantumly suspended at that age that he was able to jump into and rescue himself

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
IIRC 5 was a kid because there was a version of himself quantumly suspended at that age that he was able to jump into and rescue himself

I like that!

As for the kids going back, I think it would be cool if 5 was in his old man body when the rest of them are kids

Richard Baker

Sr Member
Until this series I have never heard of 'The Umbrella Academy' before. The code names sound like a logical place to take things. I know they were all given numbers by their 'Father' and then chose their regular names themselves (except for Five)- what were their code names?

cboath

Master Member
I thought it was great, i'm just going to be pissed if there's no season 2 because...

Franky, season 1 didn't really end - it stopped halfway. Unless the entire run of the book series was stopping the end of the world.

Strikerkc

Sr Member
I thought it was great, i'm just going to be pissed if there's no season 2 because...

Franky, season 1 didn't really end - it stopped halfway. Unless the entire run of the book series was stopping the end of the world.

So, i wouldn't get your hopes up. Could there be a season 2? Sure. Are they ever going to "end" the story on a solid note? I don't believe it at all. It's got all the hallmarks of a show that'll never finish anything. The constant physical conflict where both sides always completely loose interest the moment they have the upper hand, and the fact that we witness things that are simply ignored or undone later "cause drama" tells me it's not a show that finishes things. I started losing count of the number of times BOTH sides opted to not finish the other off. We even witness a character killed, then that same character comes along later, "cause evil powerful organisation". It's a show that sets its rules based on the whims of the scene; which is why y'all are NEVER gonna figure out how Five's time travel works, because its shown to function almost a half dozen different ways, all of which are independant of the supposed rules we see his powers "follow" prior to, or after, any given use.

Last edited:

cboath

Master Member
I'm not saying answer every question, but you DO at some point have to answer the big over-arching question. It could be success, or failure, or after 5-6 seasons being caught in an endless loop, but you want an answer. And in this case, you want something answered. The only answer we got was what caused the end in the first place.

As for the person who did/didn't die, well, we assumed they died. Cardinal rule of TV/movies, no official dead body, no death. Room blows up with someone in it and you don't see person blown up, odds are they survived, regardless of what was implied.

Cha-cha and Hazel can't simply kill off anyone outside their targets because there's no telling what unintended consequences that brings. 3 days before the end of the world, probably nothing. But at the same time, they kill a couple of the kids, then what's his name trying to turn her against them doesn't necessarily happen, or work, etc. You can't tip the wrong dominoes and generate the same effect. On the flip side, the kids aren't really killers or don't want to be.

Laspector

Master Member
I'm not sure if this was a reference or just coincidence but did anyone spot the nod to Full Metal Jacket?

When Cha-cha says "We get to travel and meet new people...and kill them." I thought of that as a nod to when Private Joker said "I've always wanted to meet people of an ancient and exotic culture...and kill them."

At least that was how I took it.

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s official!

CF54EDF6-74D1-411B-A1C1-6AD22A87E054.jpeg

naurarwen

Absolutely loved this show. I’ve watched it all the way through a few times and even done Vanya and Diego costumes for myself and my other half. Can’t wait for season 2

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Absolutely loved this show. I’ve watched it all the way through a few times and even done Vanya and Diego costumes for myself and my other half. Can’t wait for season 2

I have been told
Season 2 can take up to 18 months before it airs...

ed209

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not sure if this was a reference or just coincidence but did anyone spot the nod to Full Metal Jacket?

When Cha-cha says "We get to travel and meet new people...and kill them." I thought of that as a nod to when Private Joker said "I've always wanted to meet people of an ancient and exotic culture...and kill them."

At least that was how I took it.
I got that reference. Made me smile when I heard it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.