The Ultimate X-Wing Pilot Thread

Looks like a chess piece in a stick. :lol:
139_zpslfp3fpeb.jpg

as you can see at the picture ... sometimes visble zippers were used by specific characters.
I was referring to originally designed garments, and garments on foreground characters in the original trilogy — which included the X-wing and Snowspeeder pilots.
Many store-bought garments were also used, especially on background characters, and fasteners weren't always covered up that well.

But then there have also been lots of examples from the Disney era of even foreground characters with visible zippers, because the costume designers for those pieces of content did not get directives from George Lucas himself. What is your example from?

I was referring to originally designed garments, and garments on foreground characters in the original trilogy — which included the X-wing and Snowspeeder pilots.
Many store-bought garments were also used, especially on background characters, and fasteners weren't always covered up that well.

But then there have also been lots of examples from the Disney era of even foreground characters with visible zippers, because the costume designers for those pieces of content did not get directives from George Lucas himself. What is your example from?
The example is from The Official Star Wars Fact File.
Thanks for your feedback. I was aware of this. I also found these pictures where Luke is opening his jumpsuit / X-wing suit with a zipper.
images (9).jpeg

tumblr_21548c8aecb4b869aabe6ae0777845b3_6b81a173_540.gif

Last edited:
This is actually really helpful! I got my OT style vest today and I'm looking at upgrading the buckle.

On another note, am I going crazy, or is Wedge in ROTJ using this taller style of Code Cylinder we first see in ESB?
Does anybody have clearer pics on this thing? Does anybody make replicas? Would love to pick one up.

View attachment 1744372
View attachment 1744373
What If told you that I am currently working on this "Finial" Code Cylinder model? I do have some photos from ANH to ROTJ where I spotted them. BTW, Wedge is using regular ones on that scene. 4K, next frame and you will see clearly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back