The Twilight Zone

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have noticed that there are not many screen accurate paper props created from the original Twilight Zone TV series. Since I already have the BluRay set, I will be rewatching episodes and recreating some of the various paper props whenever I'm able to, using the screencaps for reference. Some of this stuff will be beyond my skill level so I will also be posting HD screencaps for those items and I'm open to anyone who wants to help out with these.

EPISODE 1: "Where is Everybody?" October 2, 1959

1. View attachment Oakwood Telephone Directory Cover.pdf
Oakwood ATD.JPG

2. View attachment Oakwood High School Basketball Schedule 2.pdf
Oakwood HSBS.JPG
It's not quite perfect but I got the image straight. Maybe someone can work with this one and make it better?
The only state in the US that has towns with all the names on the list is Illinois.

3. "The Last Man on Earth, Feb. 1959" Novel *[MIGHT NEED HELP ON THIS ONE]*

If there's anything else from this episode that I've missed, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Warning to the paper prop sellers and recasters: I'm posting these for free personal use only, NOT to be sold for any reason.
I take this seriously and I WILL find you and post your contact info if I discover you're selling any of my stuff. Don't do it!

Attachments

• Oakwood High School Basketball Schedule.pdf
    685.5 KB · Views: 56
  • vlcsnap-2014-05-03-03h59m04s151.png
    vlcsnap-2014-05-03-03h59m04s151.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
  • vlcsnap-2014-05-03-03h54m51s90.png
    vlcsnap-2014-05-03-03h54m51s90.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • vlcsnap-2014-05-03-04h08m49s102.png
    vlcsnap-2014-05-03-04h08m49s102.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • vlcsnap-2014-05-03-04h07m47s249.png
    vlcsnap-2014-05-03-04h07m47s249.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Looking good so far.

I've had a go at cleaning up the image for the Last Man on Earth book, but the low res image doesn't make it possible to make a workable replica, however hopefully someone will recognise the image or can suggest a suitable alternative.

I also found a partial shot of the back of the book, and after a bit of research found it was a Charles Atlas advert, however I can't find the correct layout of ad used on the book, again perhaps someone can find the correct ad (probably on the back of a paperback novel from the 50's)

Book Back.png

Last Man on earth WIP.png

Peter

Looking good so far.

I've had a go at cleaning up the image for the Last Man on Earth book, but the low res image doesn't make it possible to make a workable replica, however hopefully someone will recognise the image or can suggest a suitable alternative.

I also found a partial shot of the back of the book, and after a bit of research found it was a Charles Atlas advert, however I can't find the correct layout of ad used on the book, again perhaps someone can find the correct ad (probably on the back of a paperback novel from the 50's)

View attachment 320069

View attachment 320070

Peter

The background image on the front cover is Monument Valley, but I've not been able to identify the exact location or a matching photo.

The back cover ad might be this one.

Ok here is my take on the Last Man cover, I have tried to recreate the photo as best I could with images I found online, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Last Man on Earth preview.png

The PDF includes both versions shown above, I have used dimensions for standard paperbacks for the period.

PDF Attached.

Peter

Attachments

• The Last Man On Earth Book Cover - Twilight Zone.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
View attachment 326773I
I do not remember Just where I got this but I thought I would post this Mystic Seer episode cards.

Thanks! The Mystic Seer cards are a prop from Season 2, Episode 7. "Nick of Time".
The text on the originals is a bold condensed Cheltenham. I'll check out this episode later today and see if I can update these.
There is at least one good shot of the card up close so it should be easy to fix them.

I've been meaning to continue the thread with episode 2 "One for the Angels", but it's one of the few episodes that I don't really like all that much. :lol
I don't think that either episode 2 or 3 have much in the way of paper props anyway, but I'll check later to see what I can find.

I see that whoever made the card sheet you posted used Arial Rounded font for the text. No screen accurate props from 1990 or before will ever have
one of the Arial fonts. It's only a computer font that was included with Windows computers after 1992. Similarly, no accurate prop from before the mid
1960s will use Helvetica, which Arial was based on.

Hey - I have actually been wanting to make "The Last Man On Earth" prop, and you've done it better than I ever could. Thanks! I did the Andy Marshak poster from "The Four Of Us Are Dying" a while back. I also have mostly recreated the Pamela Morris painting from "Queen Of The Nile," the Terry Decker RFC credentials from "The Last Flight" and I want to try my hand at the propaganda posters from "Two" - although those might be a bit beyond my skills.

Last edited:
A work in progress....

queennile_.jpg

Mostly made from splicing together screen grabs and adding colored layers. I'm not totally happy with it yet, but figured I'd post it just for color suggestions.

Wondering if you ever got the chance to update the font?
just got a mystic seer from entertainment earth.
I like the detail of the punched hole. That isnt on the cards that came with the replica.

check out entertainmentearth.com
search mystic seer.
they have pdf files of about half of the cards used in the show. also blanks.

but they have a little more detail in the scroll under the words "mystic seer"

missed one:
If you move soon

a couple corrections:
that makes a good deal of sense
Do you dare risk finding out
Your chances are good
if that's what you really want
That's up to you to find out

Last edited:
Yeah I found it. I'll see if I can remake them with the other cards you suggested. Might take a couple of days.

I've been meaning to get back to this thread but I've been busy. Eventually I'm going to have some replicas of the various newspaper props made like the ones from 'Time Enough at Last' and 'To Serve Man'.

If anyone needs Blu-Ray screencaps from a specific episode for reference, I've got the complete series, so just post what you need.

Sent from my SCH-I110 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Ok here is my take on the Last Man cover, I have tried to recreate the photo as best I could with images I found online, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

The PDF includes both versions shown above, I have used dimensions for standard paperbacks for the period.

Peter

Hi Peter

A bit late but here it is "your" book cover. Thanks for the work

book1.jpg book2.jpg book3.jpg book4.jpg

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE! Howdy everyone, bringing this back so there isn't multiple Twilight Zone threads. Has anyone ever made the cookbook from To Serve Man? Also, any other paper props from this series?

A
Looking good so far.

View attachment 320069

View attachment 320070

Peter
Awesome!!!

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE! Howdy everyone, bringing this back so there isn't multiple Twilight Zone threads. Has anyone ever made the cookbook from To Serve Man? Also, any other paper props from this series?

I made the cookbook. Amongst other things.

Attachments

• 20200228_152115.jpg
    20200228_152115.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 16

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back