The Terminator 1984- Kyle Reese Trench Coats, Shoes, and more

Great charity shop find today, a grey pair of sweat pants in my size, elastic waist back pocket and two side pockets, only snag it has a cotton traders logo but that could be coverd with paint.
Should i paint these up like Kyle Reeses and wear them out and about in everyday life :lol or leave them as they are.
20160528_171148.jpg

Last edited:
Paint them up. It would look more accurate. Also buy another pair of the same thing so that you could use it for social places. Because hobo pants aren't in style anymore unfortunately.
Did you find any shirt brands that look like it could match Kyle's shirt?

Paint them up. It would look more accurate. Also buy another pair of the same thing so that you could use it for social places. Because hobo pants aren't in style anymore unfortunately.
Did you find any shirt brands that look like it could match Kyle's shirt?

Lol what, the hobo look is always in style. Unfortunately i didn't find any stripped t's, but i am always on the hunt.

I do have his trench coat and refuse to part with it. So maybe we should bring the hobo look back from the grave of the 80's.
As far as the shirt goes, it looks white in some shots. In others it looks like a light Grey color. The stripes are more of a darker Grey color. Shane had an excellent shirt custom made on Etsy. I wonder who made it for him?

I do have his trench coat and refuse to part with it. So maybe we should bring the hobo look back from the grave of the 80's.
As far as the shirt goes, it looks white in some shots. In others it looks like a light Grey color. The stripes are more of a darker Grey color. Shane had an excellent shirt custom made on Etsy. I wonder who made it for him?

Yeah the lighting in the Terminator does make the colors look diffrent, but i am certain its light grey with dark grey stripes.
Untitled-2.jpg

The Terminato[ATTACH said:
635173.vB[/ATTACH]r;4008007]Just like every other film. You cannot just take a piece of fabric in the real world and compare it to something you see on screen.

I would agree with you but to me Kyle Resses t shirt is light grey with dark grey stripes. Every photo i see and even on blu ray it appears that colour and even in natural light, when he sawing his shotgun and zooms in on his shoulder. If it where white it would appear how his t shirt appears in t2 in the dream scene which is very bright and has natural light. But hey just my opinion.

6388cdf0c7b5100ee415a403bc0458cf.jpg

4967434901_e5f0215ac9.jpg

7d0b98740d58bdaaa5be74c41b3f75a9.jpg

Shane did a brilliant job with his t shirt and i think my kyle costume the t shirt is as close as you will ever be able to match.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-08-20-34-38.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-08-20-34-38.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I would agree with you but to me Kyle Resses t shirt is light grey with dark grey stripes. Every photo i see and even on blu ray it appears that colour and even in natural light, when he sawing his shotgun and zooms in on his shoulder. If it where white it would appear how his t shirt appears in t2 in the dream scene which is very bright and has natural light. But hey just my opinion.

Shane did a brilliant job with his t shirt and i think my kyle costume the t shirt is as close as you will ever be able to match.

It's mostly about opinion too. :) "What do you prefer?" How it looks on screen(even that changes a lot) or how the actual prop looks :p

It's mostly about opinion too. :) "What do you prefer?" How it looks on screen(even that changes a lot) or how the actual prop looks :p

I never noticed Kyle's top changing, what scenes is that?. Or do you mean lighting wise. my opinion it is light grey with dark grey stripes, and i believe i have matched the t shirt the best i can with the source material available. To me thats how the prop looks

Last edited:
I never noticed Kyle's top changing, what scenes is that?. Or do you mean lighting wise. my opinion it is light grey with dark grey stripes, and i believe i have matched the t shirt the best i can with the source material available. To me thats how the prop looks

Not a physical change, but change in "appearance". The way it looks depends on so many different things, not just what lighting is used and what the colors of the shirt are, but also what lens is used when filming, which type of film stock is used, how old the film stock is, how the film is developed, what type of color grading is done to the film. Then later it is also where and how you see the film, VHS? DVD? Blu-ray? They all look different, what type of screen do you use when you watch the film? That's why I say what you see on the screen doesn't always match the actual piece of clothing/prop.

Not a physical change, but change in "appearance". The way it looks depends on so many different things, not just what lighting is used and what the colors of the shirt are, but also what lens is used when filming, which type of film stock is used, how old the film stock is, how the film is developed, what type of color grading is done to the film. Then later it is also where and how you see the film, VHS? DVD? Blu-ray? They all look different, what type of screen do you use when you watch the film? That's why I say what you see on the screen doesn't always match the actual piece of clothing/prop.

I totally get what you are saying about light and filters, and i am not disagreeing with you. Again take the scene where he is cutting his shotgun in the alley his pants look almost blue in color, but they are actually light grey. Back to his t shirt i don't actually see it as white even in the diffrent lights / scenes. To me it has always been light grey with dark grey stripes even the promo photos taken show this.
I have watched Terminator on all types of formats 8mm Japanese tape, laserdisc, vhs, dvd, blu ray. Always looked the same to me

I totally get what you are saying about light and filters, and i am not disagreeing with you. Again take the scene where he is cutting his shotgun in the alley his pants look almost blue in color, but they are actually light grey. Back to his t shirt i don't actually see it as white even in the diffrent lights / scenes. To me it has always been light grey with dark grey stripes even the promo photos taken show this.
I have watched Terminator on all types of formats 8mm Japanese tape, laserdisc, vhs, dvd, blu ray. Always looked the same to me

Colors/light is very tricky thing. Just look at the whole silly black/blue/gold/white dress mess a while back :lol Everyone perceives things differently :)
In the end you should go with whatever color you want ;) even if it's a "hot pink" :p

Whelp. After some time, maybe I have found something that could work as Kyle's shirt.
A company by the name of Zbrandy makes a striped shirt. Its on Amazon right now. And one of the shirts looks to be a light grey color with dark grey stripes.

As for the shoes. Well I'm mostly broke so finding alternatives will have to do. One day though...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back