The Terminator 1984- Kyle Reese Trench Coats, Shoes, and more

My new Reese pants. Time for V2.

reeseupdate.jpg

Last edited:
Nice paints.

Much obliged but wait till I actually paint them to compliment. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

What search terms are helpful for acquiring a Reese trenchcoat?

Vietnam Rain Coat.

- - - Updated - - -

You saved me dude. Yea, Jai was terrible and I wished they got Anton to play Reese in this film. The pants look like a lighter grey than the one in the picture. But nevertheless, perfect for a quick pick-up. All the costume designers did was get Nike to remake the Vandals

Yet they couldn't even get that 100% right. lol.

Much obliged but wait till I actually paint them to compliment. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Vietnam Rain Coat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet they couldn't even get that 100% right. lol.

Ikr! Also, Jai copied Michael and tried to make it as good as possible. But, it just seemed too forced. And not as natural. The more I remember T5, the more I would have preferred Anton to Jai

Yeah, but nobody could replicate Michael. lol. I never had much love for Anton personally, he was WAY to far withdrawn from the person Kyle would eventually be in The Terminator the way he was written and played in Salvation, but he would have been a hell of a better actor and had the more correct body type. Gah, so stupid having Jai so big, looking like he came from Gold's Gym instead of a post apocalyptic machine war world.

Glad the Terminator fandom agrees with me. I could go on, but there's research to be done. For the shirt, I found a Columbia shirt that could be of use for the 1984 Reese. and NOT the 2015 Reese. For the pants, I am having trouble finding the correct rugby pants. I can forget the Vandals since they are hard to find by now. And expensive, even if I find them

Last edited:
I found a good shirt to use. Its the Columbia Thistletown Park Shirt. There's one on Amazon and it's white and the correct grey stripes. Idk if it's a real shirt or not, but it's on Amazon

Check out Etsy and hit up several sellers there and go with the one who get's closest to the fabric used in the film. That's what I did and I couldn't have matched it better myself.

CIMG0684_zpsa5b70311.jpg Reese3.jpg

A lady on Etsy found the fabric and made the shirt for me on commission. I'll look through my records and find her info for you first chance I get. Think she charged me $50 in all.

I would go with Shanes shirt KyleReese2015 if he can hook you up. That amazon shirt looks more like what Jai wears in 2015.

Kyles 1984 t shirt is light Grey color with dark Grey stripes.

r7_zps3bfb3f79.jpg

t1-promo-michael-004.jpg

Defiantly better off getting one custom made than searching for Grey striped t shirts.

Wow. No wonder it was hard to locate. Yeah, Shane got a good deal, plus an accruate costume. I think we should do a Shirt run. And find as many sources as possible of where to get a screen accurate shirt

I've got the screen accurate shirt design, just need to print it, going to sell them but finding a cheap way to print it is not easy. I want to have it cost like $30 per shirt but apparently that's looking like a dream because it'll cost me $90 to print one shirt. I'll do some more research though! Also I'm going to get the shotgun commission by a prop maker soon, I'll keep you guys updated!

Such a simple stripe pattern shouldn't need to be custom printed. Just need to do a bit of searching.

Last edited:
EDIT: You're right,with time I'd bet you could find a shirt, I just got tired of looking after 2 years, so I ordered the print. Sorry for my original response. Seemed a bit salty, which wasn't my intent. Thanks Nick for every bit of info you've shared!

Last edited:
Easier said than done, researching for the shirt is very difficult, especially finding the closest match possible. I've been looking for months...having it custom printed is a great idea to me!

Any way to get an accurate shirt would be best. To sell it, Etsy would suit since it's custom made.
Maybe make some custom made screen accurate pants too since that as well is a pain to search for

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back