The TANK from TANK GIRL

Great work .. I love it . It has the feel of being pulled directly off the pages of the comic. A 3D representation of a 2 D box from the comic.
Im adding the final touches to it mine as we speak. Hope to have the kit out next year.

Oh yeah,those and every image cap from the movie .
I have contacted the art director and the graphics designer for the movie who have helped me out immensely with on location shots and the graphics for the markings for the tank.I had to get a few made that the graphics were lost or unavailable but found everything eventually.
I will have the completed tank ready soon for the next post with all of them on it .

Hi Guys ,
Ok finally got the build up finished and got a few pics of the final product.This was one of the hardest projects ive ever undertaken. Im still working on getting master parts for the production run done .
Enjoy the pics.
T T 2.jpgT 1.jpgT 3.jpgT 4.jpgT 5.jpgT 6.jpg

That tank looks waaaaaaay awesome mate, great work..... and thank you for the reminder :) due this being a pretty hard to find DVD over here, I completly forgot to keep looking for it. Will check the stores tomorrow again :) :) :)

That tank looks waaaaaaay awesome mate, great work..... and thank you for the reminder :) due this being a pretty hard to find DVD over here, I completly forgot to keep looking for it. Will check the stores tomorrow again :) :) :)

Theres a great Blu Ray rip of it available on the torrent sites.also

Hi guys,
Ok...some update pics . My mesh guy has finished all the parts to mod the tank kit and they are scaled to the 1/35th scale kit.
Hope to have the parts reviewed and set up to print in June ..Got to get ready fro Wonderfest first. More soon.
.View attachment 619954View attachment 619953View attachment 619957View attachment 619955View attachment 619956

This looks amazing! Would you ever be open to sharing or selling this file? I'd like to take a crack at printing / assembling / painting one. My attempts to cobble one together from various 1:35 kits has been frustrating.

Last edited:
This might be old news but... there's a piece on the front of the tank that looks suspiciously like the front of the SPV's from Captain Scarlet
spv.jpg

Is it possible the Art Department on the film made a maquette by kitbashing model kits - then built the full size tank from there?

Yes I would love those but I only really need the upper section and the special wheel add ons. Sadly I will have to cut off the Stewarts track covers. The seller said there is no remote but I am incredibly good at electronics , RC and computers so it is easy . If the software is in STL files it will be a breeze. I am finishing a 36 inch Fireball XL5. Once the 1/6 M5 Stewart is here I can gauge how to slice it up. My printer is 400x300x300mm . I am insane and will do it. I just bought a 1/6 doll to modify to tank girl. Your finished print gives me a good blueprint . The cannon I will do with metal tubing . They resized the Stewarts. Tubing is fragile so it needs to be strong enough to take extended weight so most likely aluminum. .

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 6fede6f8140d0746969413e3d7f31e8b.jpg
    6fede6f8140d0746969413e3d7f31e8b.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 86
So, everything is on its way, the 1/6 tank girl is an Ashley Woods doll, highly sought, perfectly in line with Jamies Girl style. I have the fur hat , multiple goggles and tank helmets coming. The tank is on its way and I have been looking at that toy. TZYs files are beautiful. This is the most ambitious model I have ever done but so exciting.

Using the Ultimate soldier M5 Stuart tanks dimensions I set up a 3D tank to build over. The tank was incredibly accurate the the low res M5 dimensions. I was able to get it right to accurate dimensions. Part of tanks rear box was not used on the toy so I am printing it now. This will hold the Tank Girils sun deck. Obviously TZY's photos and everything are an incredible help/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 2.21.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 2.21.05 PM.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 60

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back