The TANK from TANK GIRL

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TZY

Great work .. I love it . It has the feel of being pulled directly off the pages of the comic. A 3D representation of a 2 D box from the comic.
Im adding the final touches to it mine as we speak. Hope to have the kit out next year.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TZY

Oh yeah,those and every image cap from the movie .
I have contacted the art director and the graphics designer for the movie who have helped me out immensely with on location shots and the graphics for the markings for the tank.I had to get a few made that the graphics were lost or unavailable but found everything eventually.
I will have the completed tank ready soon for the next post with all of them on it .

TZY

Hi Guys ,
Ok finally got the build up finished and got a few pics of the final product.This was one of the hardest projects ive ever undertaken. Im still working on getting master parts for the production run done .
Enjoy the pics.
T T 2.jpg T 1.jpg T 3.jpg T 4.jpg T 5.jpg T 6.jpg

Real Scooby

That tank looks waaaaaaay awesome mate, great work..... and thank you for the reminder :) due this being a pretty hard to find DVD over here, I completly forgot to keep looking for it. Will check the stores tomorrow again :) :) :)

TZY

That tank looks waaaaaaay awesome mate, great work..... and thank you for the reminder :) due this being a pretty hard to find DVD over here, I completly forgot to keep looking for it. Will check the stores tomorrow again :) :) :)

Theres a great Blu Ray rip of it available on the torrent sites.also

kurtz433

Hi guys,
Ok...some update pics . My mesh guy has finished all the parts to mod the tank kit and they are scaled to the 1/35th scale kit.
Hope to have the parts reviewed and set up to print in June ..Got to get ready fro Wonderfest first. More soon.
. View attachment 619954 View attachment 619953 View attachment 619957 View attachment 619955 View attachment 619956

This looks amazing! Would you ever be open to sharing or selling this file? I'd like to take a crack at printing / assembling / painting one. My attempts to cobble one together from various 1:35 kits has been frustrating.

Last edited:

TZY

This looks amazing! Would you ever be open to sharing or selling this file? I'd like to take a crack at printing / assembling / painting one. My attempts to cobble one together from various 1:35 kits has been frustrating.

Im actually getting it ready to run as a limited run kit. Its scaled around the 1.35 Tamiya M5A1 .... that the original tank was based on.Ive got most parts ready to start ...but have a problem with the main body parts that sits on top of the wheel carriage ...to many undercuts...and am having to do a work around on getting it ready to cast. Ive been dragging my feet on it and hope to have it ready soon ....its not an easy project.

b26354

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This might be old news but... there's a piece on the front of the tank that looks suspiciously like the front of the SPV's from Captain Scarlet
spv.jpg

Is it possible the Art Department on the film made a maquette by kitbashing model kits - then built the full size tank from there?

oa5599

Amazing work! This thread had inspired me to stop lurking and join the forum. Looking forward to the kit, I'd love to have one when they are ready. Once again, amazing work!

Sean

zyates87

TZY I have to know, did the production run ever reach fruition? Are the 3D files available for us to access and print our own set? I’ve been wanting to do this for years and would absolutely love to use your design!

TZY

The casting are coming along.My caster was slammed and I told him to take his time.My 3D printer was down and I was
still having problems with very small parts will have to 3D print them.My printer is being replaced as soon as one is available.Its an Elegoo and on back order. If someone out there has a good printer and wants some contract work ... contact me
Covid has stalled everything . The run will be a very small one . At the 1/35th scale.
There has also been another development.Classy Hobie has released a 1/16th scale M5A1 Stewart tank kit. Twice the scale of the Tamiya kit this Tank Girl kit was modeled on.I have purchased one ...$160.. not cheap... and have started to take measurements off the larger version undercarriage to scale the Tank Girl Parts up to fit that kit. NO IM NOT GOING TO PRODUCE THE LARGER KIT. This kit just about killed me trying to get it made at 1/35th. If your crazy enough to build this kit at 1/16th scale it will be costly for the 3D printed parts.
BUT. I will make the up scaled files available to any one who wants to buy them for doing the mod to the Classy Tank kit when there ready.
Before I do that I want to make sure they will scale up and fit the new kit buy building that kit. The measurements for the modification to the upscale undercarriage are with my 3D guy and he has a project to finish before he can get to it . Once that's done I can rescale all the other parts for the kit myself once I know the ratio.
Because this is taking so long contact me if your interested in buying the files for the small version to fit the Tamiya kit . All are 3D printable stl files ...but you will need a good printer to print the very small parts and running these parts for the whole kit will be costly . Also note the files are only for the upper section of the Tank and you will need the Tamiya Tank kit for the undercarriage and the 30 cal machine gun. I didn't want to run into problems with casting Tamiyas parts. I also have all the decal file needed and theres a lot of them. I will sell those with the 3D files .
My Email Tonzye@hotmail.com
Sorry this has been a long drawn out process
Hope to have more news soon.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.