The Shadow - Ring

I just purchased one of the ArrobaSilver Shadow rings myself. It's definitely not a replica. The gem part (if you could even call it that) is too oval and not round enough, and it just looks like someone painted it red. It doesn't look like a real gem at all. If anyone knows where I can get a real replica ring I would appreciate it. The only thing I can find, they want like $800 for, and I don't have that kind of money.

If anyone knows where I can get a real replica ring I would appreciate it. The only thing I can find, they want like $800 for, and I don't have that kind of money.

I'm with ya, buddy! I would love to get one too, but I haven't had too much luck as of yet. Just out of curiosity, is there any way you could post some close-up pictures of the ArrobaSilver ring that you got? I'd love to see some "real-world" photos of it. (By the way, welcome aboard! :thumbsup)

the ring that megatron made is incredible! i have the one from a few posts up, in fact i'm wearing it now. i hate it. it's nowhere near accurate, i would love one from megatron!!

I just noticed this e-Bay auction that claims to be selling an original Shadow movie ring with a ''Buy-it-Now'' of about $7,500.00 bucks. Not sure if it's authentic or not, but the pictures look pretty legit to me, (not that I'm an expert or anything.) Man I would love it if somebody could do another run of these things! I copied the auction description below. Take a look and see what you think.

''This ring was acquired by the great american ring club in 1993/94. They had the license to produce the shadow rings based on the movie. This ring was given to them so they could use it as reference to produce limited edition rings. The ring will come with a letter of authenticity from one of the co-founders of the great american ring club.''

View attachment 72058View attachment 72059View attachment 72060
View attachment 72061View attachment 72062View attachment 72063

Last edited:
Hey Adam, I did see that as well, but I am not spending $7500 on it. I bought the other kind that is on ebay and it is alright...nothing special. I didn't realize how different it is compared to the movie version. The ring in the auction does look really nice though.

Its possible,

The Great American Ring Club was offering these back in 94, so its possible they have one of the originals from the movie.

I have both one of theirs, and one of Megatrons...

Very sweet stuff!!

JK3

No offense, as the movie ring is a nice-looking ring, but has anyone ever done a Shadow ring based on the ring depicted on the pulp covers? Now that's the ring I'd love to own!
I noticed recently just snooping around the interwebs that Walter Gibson's wife had a ring made for him that is kinda cool, but definitely doesn't look like the one(s) on the magazine cover. I say one(s), of course, because I realize that different artists painted those covers over the years, though there does seem to be a fair amount of uniformity to the ring, so far as I can see.

I've always kept an eye out when walking through places with costume jewelry looking for a "perfect" pulp style Shadow ring with no luck.

Large domed stone with a couple side details-

04220Mox-1.jpg

In fact the large Ringed Shadow hand cover is super common in the run of the magazine. Check out most of them here in this album I made-
Shadow Ring pictures by nickdaring1 - Photobucket

I've always kept an eye out when walking through places with costume jewelry looking for a "perfect" pulp style Shadow ring with no luck.

Large domed stone with a couple side details-

04220Mox-1.jpg

In fact the large Ringed Shadow hand cover is super common in the run of the magazine. Check out most of them here in this album I made-
Shadow Ring pictures by nickdaring1 - Photobucket

what would sides look like
the top of that ring is easyer to make

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back