The Rocketeer on Blu-ray!!!

You'd be surprised. With Disney and some of their anniversary releases... don't expect much. Some of the DVD releases of their animated classics are good examples. Actually, take the latest release of Fox and the Hound (that came out a couple weeks ago) on blu; sure they packaged it with its sequel, but for a 30th Anniversary edition, it's quite pathetic.

I'm not expecting much, just looking forward to a better transfer.

Well Dave Stevens did put together some anniversary stuff before Disney passed on it. So, Disney should still have that stuff for this anniversary disc. Still, this is one good Christmas present and makes up for the nonsense that's happening with the Star Wars release...

You'd be surprised. With Disney and some of their anniversary releases... don't expect much. Some of the DVD releases of their animated classics are good examples. Actually, take the latest release of Fox and the Hound (that came out a couple weeks ago) on blu; sure they packaged it with its sequel, but for a 30th Anniversary edition, it's quite pathetic.

I'm not expecting much, just looking forward to a better transfer.

Wow, that sucks... Yeah, I can't say it'd be much of a surprise if they didn't put anything with it. It sure would be nice if it had something. I'd kill for some commentary tracks but I'm not holding my breath on that.

It may be best not to hold our breaths for special features. If the least we get is a cleaned up transfer than we should count ourselves lucky.
I'm happy to finally see this come to blu-ray, and will still hope that Disney has big plans for the release.

Its going to be such a pleasureable viewing experience to see this in full HD, with a cleaned up print of the film.
Sometimes this movie just brings a tear to my eye how much I love it!

Well, I heard from a little birdie that Disney actually handed over a TON of extras to Disney Home Video and was turned down since some of it was already posted on Youtube or other sites. AND that Disney Home Video basically "took" the copy that was shown at the D23 event, which was paid for by D23 I believe and not Disney Home Video.

Disney just REALLY doesn't want The Rocketeer to succeed... boooo!!!!

- Jeff

Review:
The Rocketeer Blu-ray - Jennifer Connelly

Not surprised it's a barebones release. Just a trailer? C'mon Disney, you can do way better than that.

A nice reivew - I am very upset Disney opted to exclude any additional features other than a standard "trailer" which even the cheapest of movies on video will have.
Fact is, weather Disney cares to admit it or not, there are a LOT of people to have passion, love and appreciation for this movie and it is nothing short of a tradgedy that more was not done with the anniversery release.
Though - beggers cannot be choosers and I am at the very least, happy that this is finally getting the Blu ray treatment.

Well, I heard from a little birdie that Disney actually handed over a TON of extras to Disney Home Video and was turned down since some of it was already posted on Youtube or other sites. AND that Disney Home Video basically "took" the copy that was shown at the D23 event, which was paid for by D23 I believe and not Disney Home Video.

Disney just REALLY doesn't want The Rocketeer to succeed... boooo!!!!

- Jeff

Technically, the entire movie is on youtube as well. Weak excuse, if you ask me.

I think it's the stigma that's been following it as not a successful movie (financially) thus only releasing it to pander to the "few" fans out there.

:darnkids

In the early 2000s, Dave Stevens produced a release with tons of extras, and Disney never pulled the trigger on it. Too bad those efforts couldn't have been revived.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back