The Red Book of Westmarch (Bilbo's Journal) by Magnoli Props

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm sure many of know about this replica we make... but here is a new look at it:

I think you can see every single page pretty clearly (enough to read)... so enjoy the video! ;)

Kind regards,
Indy Magnoli

Lovely work! I've been listening to the Hobbit audio book and thought about how cool it would be to make one. And go figure, I see this not long after collecting reference images. I'm curious your process with this, where did you start with sorting out the writing? From what I can tell it appears to be custom? Amazing work as always Indy!

This was a group effort... a Fellowship of Fans that originated at the Lord of the Rings Guide Forum many moons ago. One fan rewrote the Hobbit into the first person "voice" of Bilbo, another condensed the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy as retold by Frodo, another did Sam's parts and the appendices. I penned the entire tome and did the illustrations. The entire project took a few years.... so it was certainly no small task.

This was all recorded on the forum, but I can't seem to find it anymore, so I may have to look to see if it was saved by the Wayback Machine...

Here is the original thread... but the WayBack Machine only seems to have saved the first of 114 pages: The Red Book Project - LOTRG Forums

Not sure if any of the other pages have been saved... maybe someone who knows how to navigate the machine better can figure it out. It'd be sad if all that history was lost.

That is so neat! What an awesome project. I tried going through the wayback machine, but I can't get through more than the first page either :( I hope all that work is still out there, that makes me so sad!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back