The Preds in the ship....

boca

...at the start of AVP-R... why were they all tooled up and ready for a fight if they were within their own ship, doing ( as far as they were concerned ) mundain and tasks within their own ships suitable atmosphere ?
Why were they still all masked up and armed with shoulder cannons ?

That's a very good point. I would have had them dressed in a tunic or other sort of garb. No creature, man or pred, wants to walk around wearing armor all day if they're not in battle mode.
Once again, non-thinking writers when presented with an opportunity to show another facet of yet unseen predator life, took the easy way out.

Once again, non-thinking writers when presented with an opportunity to show another facet of yet unseen predator life, took the easy way out.

Had they shown them in tunics or whatever some of the tards out there would have complained that it went too far into the life of a pred and we didnt need to see that. Just like alot of people complained about the home world shot... Cant please everyone I guess. I however would have had them in something other than battle gear tho.

Moore,

I think they keep the rifles in the armory.

Hmmm, if the Predators had the same rules as on board ship, then that guy would not have shot off his plasmacaster, and things would have turned out much differently!

---
Ei'luj

Even on an aeroplane, almost everyone knows not to fire off a gun onboard due to de-pressurisation. Surely intelligent Preds would have taken even more precautions whilst on a spacecraft.

Even on an aeroplane, almost everyone knows not to fire off a gun onboard due to de-pressurisation. Surely intelligent Preds would have taken even more precautions whilst on a spacecraft.

Panic can make people do stupid stuff. Especially if he was a rookie.

Ok, so, we'll just chalk the whole scene up to bad writing. Now as for the Preds still being in hunting gear, it could have been a timing issue. Like they just got back on board and hadn't had time to change, type thing?

My thinking was that 1) they wore it just to be sure, after all they were carrying around facehuggers and such to just on the off chance things went erong they were ready or 2) as was already said, they had just picked up the dead pred from the surface and were still armed and were too lazy to change/or not had enough time

Or seeing that their an Alien race they don't do things like humans. They are a race of hunters so maybe they do wear armor all the time.

It could also be that they were preparing to hunt, since their ship left the mother ship with the facehuggers. Their mission could've been to establish another training ground on earth since the one in Antarctica got blasted, hence the facehuggers.

If they didn't wear the armor then no one would have anything to complain about. The one that shot the plasmacaster was probably not a rookie since he was looking at what appears to be a navigational map. He probably got startled and was trigger happy cause he was anticipating the next hunt. As far as the whole armor thing, the events were right after AVP so they had just brought Scar onboard and the facehuggers, even in stasis, could be dangerous enough to call for armor and weapons till they were safely stowed away.

How do we know they all weren't out on a hunting party and returned in time to watch the young guy get his ass handed to him by Glover?

Just a thought,

Paul

Had they shown them in tunics or whatever some of the tards out there would have complained that it went too far into the life of a pred and we didnt need to see that. Just like alot of people complained about the home world shot... Cant please everyone I guess. I however would have had them in something other than battle gear tho.

The home world shot was the best part and they need to have more of it in the future movies!

just my opinion...

Also another thought... In the first AVP there was a lot of preds on that ship! in AVP2 there were like 5... were was the elder? did that hole crew just crash and burn?! that's pretty lame if you think that one plasma cannon shot in the wrong spot took out like 50 preds... tisk tisk...

some things shouldn't be allowed to own a cannon...

One End I agree about the home world shot. I would love to see more of it but not everyone shares our opinions.. :)

I am a huge fan of the comics and movies both and I would love to see it go alot farther but alot of people think it should remain a mystery because its supposed to be scary but I have never found the Preds scary I have since I was about 5 thought they were badass!

Nothing happened to the elder since the ship that blew up on earth was a scout ship. Not sure if you guys saw the part, but the mothership leaves earths orbit just after taking scar on board, they hit ruffly around saturn in the mother ship when a scout ship departs from one of the bays and heads back to earth. The ship was problably equipped with 5-9 preds maybe.

I would say why the preds were armed, they are a race of warriors, living for the hunt. They would be bad hunters if they had there pants down at the ankles if someone came on board and killed them. I say they prepare for anything at all times, I could see the one who was leading the "party" with the eggs he was checking the area as they went through the ship. Most likely they always stay on high alert at all times. Just my thoughts.

I also had a thought on why the predator shot at the hybrid in the ship, I think he was a unexperienced hunter. When seeing the Hybrid in his view sight "lights as yellow skin" he prob freaked out and just shot like any untrained soldier. Heck Wolf took all his gear off and charge right at the predalien, and he was elder and experienced so thats what I think the pred shot on the ship rather going after him with his blades. I just cant get over why so many preds died. You would think on all there ships they have some sort of sensor that would indicate aliens on board, and all breads of aliens since they have hunted them for years. I mean they carry eggs on board.

Very good point! I didn't notice the ship turn around thing.... will have to watch it again tonight because I didn't notice that at all....

Ok I watched it and at no point did a ship leave another ship... in the first AVP the ship "while on earth" has it's stabilizers down and as it fly's back into space they close... then it goes into orbit and the preds walk away from Scar on the table... then the next movie starts with the same ship just entering orbit to find the same preds walking away from scar then the predalien hatches and the ship gets taken out... so in fact about 50+ preds die because one dip with a plasma cannon... In my opinion that's lame.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back