The Predators day out in Newcastle

mortenharket

Sr Member
Hi Hunters,

I got to spend the day yesterdaycausing some mayhem in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I didnt want to risk some moron damaging my suit in a club and couldnt find any good events to go to this year so when I was asked to make a guest appearance at a private showing of Predator at a cinema I jumped at the chance. I got up nice and early and drove to my friends house to get half suited up. We drove into the city centre and I finished getting changed. We were then ready to hit the main street of Newcastle city centre.....

Newc1.jpg

Newc4.jpg

Newc5.jpg

en route I was distracted by a strange small earthling.......

Newc2.jpg

We then hit the main high street and the reactions were fantastic. Luckily I had my friends around me to be my eyes and keep people at bay. So we trooped off to the cinema.

Newc6.jpg

Newc8.jpg

Once we arrived at the cinema I got the chance to stop for a few pictures with the public and the staff of the cinema who had thought the predator that was turning up would be some silly fancy dress costume and not a "hollywood standard" costume as they called it (which made me really pleased ).

Newc12.jpg

We were given a room to chillax in for 20 mins and were then radio'd to tell us that the movie had started and we could make the entrance. So on went the bio and after navigating the steps the LED's were turned on and I paraded into the theatre as the opening credits had just finised rolling. It was fantastic, everyone cheered, laughed and applauled. So I milked it for a few mins and stayed in character. I examined the strange screen, played with my comp gauntlet a bit and whipped out some pred poses. Then when the audience calmed down a bit, turned away and removed the bio (I think at this point they thought you would just see the my actual face). Then when I turned and they seen the creature face everyone cheered again and applauded. After staying for a small part of the film (and getting concsious of the heat lol) I went for a bit of a walk around the building and caused a bit of mayhem, scaring kids and posing for pictures. It was great to get such an awesome reaction. Then when the movie was due to finished I went back to meet everyone in the theatre and stop for a few pics (im waiting to get these from the guys in the cinema but have one or two now).

Newc15.jpg

Newc16.jpg

This poor member of staff in the theatre was very unsure of the Predator lol.

Newc17.jpg

By this time I had been suited up for about 5 hours and was ready for a break, so with a bunch of guys who were on a stag party we were invited to go to a bar with them for a few mins and chat about the suit and I told them all about the lair and how I got into Pred costuming. En route I stopped to cause a bit more trouble with highlights involving stopping behind a kid at a set of traffic lights and when she realised she had someone in her personal space she turned round and screamed the city down (he he he he). Then once we reached the bar all passers by stopped for pictures, cars slowed down and so many people were full of compliments, it really made all the hard work, time and money thats gone into suit worthwhile.Then it was time to go, I got stopped for a few more pics whilst unsuiting and then the local law enforcement caught up with me....

Newc18.jpg

Newc19.jpg

They were very cool to be far to be in a picture. Then it was time to go and have a shower and a much deserved cup of tea :) (im English through and through). I have a nice video of sweat pouring from my hands and my struggling with my mask which ill upload).

I didnt enter or win any contests and although the day was very hard work and I dont want to suit up for a while (lol) it was worth it (the stag party lads had a whip round for me too and I made a nice £50 which was pretty cool to be fair). But I remember saying to myself a few times something Bovine wrote "remember you ARE the PREDATOR" which kept me going for a bit longer.

I hope I havnt gone on too much and you enjoyed reading this a little. Enjoy Halloween everyone, mines been wicked!!!

That's incredible. Looks like you had a great time despite the sweat and exhaustion. Yes, there is nothing like a good mug of tea to relax. Thanks for sharing
cheersvy.gif.png

NICE DUDE!

Nothing like suiting up and hitting the town and interacting with people!

Looks like you had a ton of fun. Do it again tonite!!!

awesome mate!wanted to have my suit done for halloween but was never gonna happen!give me a shout next halloween and there will be 2 predators in the big market haha!where did they show predator?

you should have came to the metrocentre with it on!i work there and people love that ****!

hey dude are you from newcastle?i know your location is texas but that accent you have....
Certainly am. The accent is a bit of a mess now, since I have to make sure people can understand what I'm saying, but I can turn it back on if I need to.

Certainly am. The accent is a bit of a mess now, since I have to make sure people can understand what I'm saying, but I can turn it back on if I need to.

ha me to.man i knew it cos you sound like some of my relatives who live in the states but from here.how the hell did you wind up in texas?!man wish i was there!but i love the toon!

AWESOME suit there, man! Great stuff. I think this is way better than trying to milk costume contests, you really gave this cinema audience something to remember just for the fun of it!

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. It was a blast and im glad I didnt risk a club etc and damage my suit becuase it took a bit of wear and tear during the day which can easily be touched up but I can appreciate how messy it can be wearing a pred suit to a big party.

That's incredible. Looks like you had a great time despite the sweat and exhaustion. Yes, there is nothing like a good mug of tea to relax. Thanks for sharing
cheersvy.gif.png

Oh the sweat was gathering in the hands and the mouth of the mask but after a nice brew and a chocolate hobnob I felt great lol.

Brilliant mate! sounds like you had a blast, wicked suit too :lol:

Thanks mate.

NICE DUDE!

Nothing like suiting up and hitting the town and interacting with people!

Looks like you had a ton of fun. Do it again tonite!!!

I was contemplating it but unfortunately mother nature had other plans and it started pissing down so I ended up at the cinema to see saw 3d (waste of time).

i wanted to be a part of this......

kind regards....lonely pred

No way I put a thread up a few months ago but didnt think anyone showed any interest. Would of been cool to have another pred. But we should troop in the future mate!

Predator on Northumberland Street...never thought I'd see that. Looks ace mate.

He he, glad you liked it Hez. Hope I made a fellow northener proud.

awesome mate!wanted to have my suit done for halloween but was never gonna happen!give me a shout next halloween and there will be 2 predators in the big market haha!where did they show predator?

you should have came to the metrocentre with it on!i work there and people love that ****!

No way am I wearing my suit down the big market, I would get killed!!!! :lol: It was at the Tyneside cinema, not a massive screen but it was worth it for how cool the staff were and that the public were in the building to sacre. There was a "heritage tour" of the cinema so I followed them and scared some old dears. But I think it added some value to the tour as they were more interested in me than the tour :lol:

Sounds like you had a great day. Nice looking costume as well ! :)

Thanks mate, it was fantastic.

well done jon glad you enjoyed yourself ,dont forget ill let you know if something comes up!!

Please do Anthony, ill get you added on FB when I next go on. Been so rushed this weekend.

AWESOME suit there, man! Great stuff. I think this is way better than trying to milk costume contests, you really gave this cinema audience something to remember just for the fun of it!

Yeah, I think it was better to do something like this and they were all huge pred nutters so it made it all worthwhile.

lol love the last 2 pics with u and the cops, great stuff!

Ha ha, yeah those are my fave too. They were pretty game to be fair and showed a lot of love for the pred.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Just a few more pics that have cropped up on FB:

This was the guy whose stag party it was (avid pred fan):

75708_498336290751_640875751_7182271_966555_n.jpg

Just a shot at the bar in the theatre:

73957_440530466052_701651052_5928819_4909549_n.jpg

And a side profile shot from the high street:

76278_440530626052_701651052_5928822_1853002_n.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back