The Predator (New Sequel)

Okay, this is going to sound cheesy and silly, but what if the sworn enemies, ninja and samurai team up despite their utter disdain for each other to fight a common enemy?

Interesting idea except that samurai and ninja weren't sworn enemies, they just fulfilled different roles in a lord's army. There's even a theory out there from a YouTuber/Japanese historian that ninja was a very loose term and that anybody could have been a ninja, including samurai. What would work better is if 2 rival daimyos or warlords had to work together like Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, or Tokugawa and whoever their rival daimyos were.

Interesting idea except that samurai and ninja weren't sworn enemies, they just fulfilled different roles in a lord's army. There's even a theory out there from a YouTuber/Japanese historian that ninja was a very loose term and that anybody could have been a ninja, including samurai. What would work better is if 2 rival daimyos or warlords had to work together like Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, or Tokugawa and whoever their rival daimyos were.

Lighten up, Francis. My comment was intended to be fun, please don't turn it into a boring history lesson. :facepalm

It's feminism now to include the opposite gender in a movie? Wow. I mean, do people think that Yautja just popped out of holes in the ground? They're a hunter culture, which probably means that they all hunt, females too.

It's feminism now to include the opposite gender in a movie? Wow. I mean, do people think that Yautja just popped out of holes in the ground? They're a hunter culture, which probably means that they all hunt, females too.

Like I said, political agenda aside. I think itll be pretty cool to get an actual female Predator. Wonder what theyll look like?

"Fans of The Predator comics might know that female Predators are actually deadlier than their male counterparts, often besting them in Predator-on-Predator combat, and in some cases lording over Predators of the male gender, requiring them to bring "Queen" Predators gifts to prove both their allegiance and their hunting skills."

Aren't the females bigger than the males, too?

And there's been tons of female Predator fans who've done female Yautja cosplays for years. They range from the purposely sexy to the downright badass. I say it's about time one of these designs made it to the big screen.

Called it!

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 4.59.08 PM.png

Im going to laugh if the female predator is the chick that survived in the end of AvP. Is this in any continuity, or a whole new thing? This movie I mean. When is it supposed to take place, are the other movies canon etc

Im going to laugh if the female predator is the chick that survived in the end of AvP. Is this in any continuity, or a whole new thing? This movie I mean. When is it supposed to take place, are the other movies canon etc

I'm not sure if that will be the case, but I've heard the ceremonial spear awarded to her for surviving the hunt is an Easter egg on display in the movie. Same with video/photos of the first two predators (jungle hunter and city hunter). If so, this movie will effectively connect all three movies. On that basis alone, I see it as a good thing. I don't know how they will handle the new predators (10-foot tall "Ultimate Predator" and the armor-clad newbie Predator). If we are to take the promotional art as fact, we know what's in store for the armor-clad newbie predator already... I really hope it isn't the case. Why? Because I'd like to see an Ahab (predator from the comics who's a reoccurring character) in the movies. I would like to see a Predator who actually survives and gets featured in multiple films (as this is supposed to be a trilogy movie set). I would also like to see the "Ultimate Predator" be a Badblood Predator - much like how the one in the comics was - who had a kill count of at least 50 people and two confirmed Predator victims.

As for the theory of female predators, I always hypothesized that the super-predators from Predators were female. Mainly because of their more lithe appearance and the style of dreads. And how they treated the crucified Predator and humiliated him. I also remember reading somewhere that female Yautja are significantly larger than males in their species. So having female predators wouldn't bother me at all - we've long seen them in the books and comics, but never the big screen.

Last edited:
While I certainly hope that the female ends up looking somewhat akin to my own Lady Predator, nevertheless I am keen to see whatever they come up with.

Or... you know... Shane could have just hired me :)

View attachment 832987View attachment 832988View attachment 832989

Please tell me you have the Yautja face? These look awesome. Have you seen the new predator design? I really am starting to think it is... female. The more I look. It doesn't have a "female" looking chest area... but the face. Hmmm. Granted this is the Neca toy - but those are pretty dang legit on accuracy of detail.

Predator2018 - 4.jpg

Call it what you will - but that is the most ornate armor I've seen a Predator ever wear (it looks rather feminine in my mind). And if it's a specialized role Predator, say an Enforcer for example, those have much different looking armor.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Enforcer_Predator

At this point, I hope it just won't suck. Very interesting that they are staying away from the concept of female Predators. I guess that would be a "controversial" risk...?

I know that the reason for the 'ultimate predator' (who was created/bred for the purpose of being sent to Earth to destroy humanity) is that the Yautja (predators) were sore at us for killing jungle hunter and city hunter and want to unleash it on man-kind... which seems to go against all the lore set up at this point. Because with these hunters, once you kill one of their own you kind of earn their respect as well as being a more challenging trophy to obtain. We can look to Predator 2 with Mike Harrigan (given the pistol by Greyback and spared by the Lost Tribe despite killing one of their seasoned warrior hunters) and Predators with Noland, Isabella, and Royce (Noland having killed predators, forcing them to adapt weapons/tactics/technology to defeat him. While Isabella and Royce survived the hunt to continue fighting on the Preserve planet). I'm all for innovation and moving forward with franchises, but don't ignore long-standing concepts within the franchise. Those are kind of like established rules.

With Disney acquiring the rights to Fox, I'm wondering how long before the house of mouse group think tank transforms our favorite skull-collecting alien hunter into a pansexual vegan who vapes and identifies as a pastafarian Apache helicopter dog mega multi combo god of hyper death? While this is dripping with heavy-handed sarcasm, the themes in Predator have never really been "kid friendly" and I'm really wondering how they will handle things going forward. Especially with the rumors that this will kick off a trilogy of movies starting with this one.

Last edited:
yeah I'm concerned about this too. Franchise mining is the thing to do at the moment it seems, it's a pity there's a ton of literature out there that has never been brought to screen. Are the days of risk taking over?

She's on their list because she studies evolutionary biology.

No it's because she's hot. It's not like there aren't lots of people in that field, but you left a bunch of guys in charge of the list. :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back