"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

Holy crap, I didn't like the third episode either. WTH is happening with my Orville?

Finn: "(tech) of the cerebral cortex. And it's present in all five of you."
Keyali: "So whatever it was, it affected all of us in the same way."
ISN'T THAT WHAT SHE JUST SAID?

The episode is full of clunky people-don't-talk-that-way first year film student writing like this.
The last 7 minutes is expository yak yak yak yak yak.
C'mon guys.

Lots of Temple of Doom and Search for Spock music sound-alikes. A practice, as I said above, I was enjoying until I wasn't.

This wasn't a cheap production, though. Lots of locations! Including one of my faves, Bronson Canyon (and cave), and, if I'm not crazy, Vasquez Rocks (a couple of the non-Gorn areas).

Ya Burke is a real annoyance.

I thought the pacing was better this episode, and I enjoyed it more than the first two. But I agree the comedy was lacking. I think to many people told them this was the new Star Trek and they pivoted to trying to be more cerebral.

I thought the idea of bringing back that species was fun, but the desert scenes seemed super green screen, and low budget.

but the desert scenes seemed super green screen, and low budget.

This has been my issue with a lot of this season…it just seems…cheap.

My wife doesn’t watch the show, and the other day while I was watching, she came in and asked if I was watching some old sci-fi show. When I told her it’s the new season of The Orville, she asked if they were deliberately trying to make it look dated.

Ouch.

I really didn't want to say anything bad about the show, I've loved it from the beginning, but something seems off this season and it is hard to figure out what is wrong. You have most of the same people but they all seem to be acting different than they used too. I don't know, maybe it's just me and I'm different.

I caught the first episode. I wasn’t impressed enough to watch episodes two and three. Sadly, the show reminds me of an ex girlfriend that you haven’t seen for three years, then when you bump into her you realize she’s been hitting the crack pipe pretty hard for the last few years. She still resembles herself, but she’s completely messed up now.

I caught the first episode. I wasn’t impressed enough to watch episodes two and three. Sadly, the show reminds me of an ex girlfriend that you haven’t seen for three years, then when you bump into her you realize she’s been hitting the crack pipe pretty hard for the last few years. She still resembles herself, but she’s completely messed up now.

As weird as it sounds, this is actually pretty accurate.

Yeah this is more like it.
I thought the "this is how we punish people for this" scene was unnecessary, though. It didn't advance the plot or provide important information. The fact that they punish people is all we need to know.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back