"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

Screenshot_20220528-101558.jpg

Straight from the horse's mouth.
From an interview over at Trekmovie.

I just watched the first episode of series 3 and it was fantastic, the show benefits from the move to Hulu, episode 1 was 71 minutes long and it was worth every minute.
The show seems to have had a bump in their budget too, pretty much every set has had an upgrade, especially engineering and a new set has been added in the form of an astrometrics type science lab.
There's a nice new scanner prop too to replace the Comscanner from seasons 1 and 2.
Orville New Horizons Scanner 8.jpg

Orville New Horizons Scanner 6.jpg

Seems like they are just bringing in their version of
the Borg

The show is fun, but I just realized I couldn't name more than one or two characters on this show if I had to.

Seems like they are just bringing in their version of
the Borg

The show is fun, but I just realized I couldn't name more than one or two characters on this show if I had to.
Mercer, Grayson, Dr Finn, Isaac, Lamar, Gordon, Bortus, Kiali, Klyden, Ty and Marcus. All straight off the top of my head.
Suppose it depends how invested you are in the show.

Mercer, Grayson, Dr Finn, Isaac, Lamar, Gordon, Bortus, Kiali, Klyden, Ty and Marcus. All straight off the top of my head.
Suppose it depends how invested you are in the show.

I didn't mean that they aren't memorable, I just meant for me that I'm not into the characters like other shows. It's something to watch, but so far I'm not as invested in it as other shows. I was literally trying to come up with the captain's name just now and don't even know it!

Not as hot about this one. There's doing a tribute to Alien, and then there's remaking it.
They need to stop using Horner and Williams temp tracks and making (or allowing) the composer follow them to the very edge of the legal limit. It was fun the first couple times back in S1 spotting them, but now it's just unoriginal and lazy.
I also don't like when the characters being stupid is necessary for the story. Going into that environment without suits on was asinine.
I do not like the navigator character. "That's kind of a stretch." OK zoomer.
And apparently Orville is crewed by like 12 people? Everyone went and hid in a closet the second the power went out?

Last edited:
I enjoyed both of the first two episodes but found the pacing a little odd. I don’t know, I just felt that both of them were just a tad too long…but I may have just been really tired.

I thoroughly enjoyed the subject matter of the first one, and thought it was a good switch when Isaac gave his actual reason for what he did. I actually chuckled…here they were all thinking he had done it because he was upset, but in true robot fashion it was just the logical best option.

The second one…I really liked the makeup/effects work on the admiral when he was in sick bay. It legitimately gave me the creeps. Kudos to the artists that pulled that off!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back