The original sculptor of the Stormtrooper?

If anyone happened to get contact info or a card for Brian Muir, please PM. I want to ask him about his work on non-Star Wars movies. Many thanks.

great pix, I wish those troopers would attend a con on our side of the Pond at some point, I'd really like to take a pic with a REAL Stormtrooper...

Yeah they are looking long in the tooth aren't they :D I have met other that aren't quite as old though. Richard Bonehill still looks pretty good considering he's pushing 50. He's a swordsman though so I'm guessing he keeps in shape.

Background actors, stunt people and prop people are FAR more interesting to meet in my opinion. They have more time for you and usually have a cool little story about the their time on the films.

Bonehill for instance told me that he had lost count of the times he tripped down the steps on the Bespin set (where they capture Leia and Chewie) in full trooper garb. He had to concentrate how many steps it took because his vision was so limited.

Both he and Lightning Bear said that the trooper lids were pieces of crap too :D Not a patch on the fan made replicas of today.

Pity they didn't pinch one, they could retire :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Steve :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Helmetman @ Nov 28 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]1366766[/snapback]</div>
Both he and Lightning Bear said that the trooper lids were pieces of crap too :D
[/b]

Thats good to hear.I wouldn`t have it any other way. :p
They have a certain charm about them. :love

cheers,
Ben

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARKSIDE72 @ Nov 20 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]1361725[/snapback]</div>
:lol The RPF is FAR from a democratic environment. As a matter of fact you really must watch what you say here. Say something really $hitty about MR and see what happens... :lol
[/b]

So true. Or say something good about Jeff Parks. Same deal. They'll tear your head off before they ban you, delete your posts (or edit them to say something you didn't say), and remind you that speaking truth (sorry I meant speaking anything against the concensus of RPF opinion) is not allowed here.

This thread has already gone south once but I managed to claw it back with useful informtation and pictures.

No offence, but if you want to b*tch about stuff like MR or Jeff Parks, do it on your own thread dude.

Don't tarnish mine.

Cheers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Helmetman @ Nov 29 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]1367571[/snapback]</div>
This thread has already gone south once but I managed to claw it back with useful informtation and pictures.

No offence, but if you want to b*tch about stuff like MR or Jeff Parks, do it on your own thread dude.

Don't tarnish mine.

Cheers.
[/b]

Steve, thats a couple of times you've said that. I really dont think this thread did "go south" and TBH you're going to have to expect that people will disagree with each other on certain things, but hey thats what a forum is all about.

Earlier on there were a couple of daft comments which people know to be false (like AA only doing the trim) so others post a response. Its not unreasonable for people to respond where they disagree with a statement, it doesnt have to be agressive and I dont think this thread has been.

If you look back I think a lot of useful info has come out of this thread-so well done for starting it.

Cheers

Jez

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BingoBongo275 @ Nov 29 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]1367593[/snapback]</div>
Earlier on there were a couple of daft comments which people know to be false (like AA only doing the trim) so others post a response.

[/b]
Bah, too easy :)

Hi Jez

Yep, you're right.

My apologies guys. Just caught me at the wrong moment :(

It's the daft comments that pickle my onions. Got no problem with discussion :D

All the best.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JediG60racer @ Nov 28 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]1367213[/snapback]</div>
So true. Or say something good about Jeff Parks. Same deal. They'll tear your head off before they ban you, delete your posts (or edit them to say something you didn't say), and remind you that speaking truth (sorry I meant speaking anything against the concensus of RPF opinion) is not allowed here.
[/b]

How about hyperbolic mistruths such as this? :confused

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Helmetman @ Nov 29 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]1367758[/snapback]</div>
Hi Jez

Yep, you're right.

My apologies guys. Just caught me at the wrong moment :(

It's the daft comments that pickle my onions. Got no problem with discussion :D

All the best.

Steve
[/b]

mmmmmm.....pickled onions.

:p

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back