The One-Stop X-Wing Thread (1/24 original trilogy studio models only)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kokkari

Sr Member
Re: The One-Stop X-Wing Thread

Can anyone identify what the circled parts are on this Red-2 photo? I don't think they are decals. I've spent a long time searching various threads on here and I'm not able to figure out what they are.
red-2-wiring-sockets2.jpg

stonky

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks like the same type of brass-rod type fittings that are seen on some of the others in the same area (but usually above the mid-line).

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last I heard they were electrical connections for the lighting.

ShockTrooper

Hello all,in first place sorry for my ignorance but I would need your help,experts.

I am trying to find a kit with original lineage to the original ILM models but some of the kits available in the past are not available actually.

Any help?

I also would like to identify what fuselaje is this.I got it a few years ago.

Thanks in advance.

full-36715ffdae0a65f24a56c5a896a3e6d1.jpg

wizardofthenorth

That right there is the fuselage you are looking for. Looks to be a casting of the ILM X...Franks work I would say. A hollow two part casting too, should have less shrinkage than the solid castings.

Hopson

Hi All,

I have a question and this seems like the place to ask it. The Saturn V large engine bells used in the X- Wing engines where are they trimmed remove the wrap around part? I have seen what I believe to be original models that have no trace of the wrap around piece, that but I have seen others were this part is still there. Was this an individual choice by each model maker? Looking a Jason Eaton's build of the original X-Wing the photos seem to show this part trimmed shorter. The Captain Cardboard part seems to be missing this piece. I wish I could find those pyro parts that I have in the garage but they seem to be MIA. Any help will be most appreciated.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

All I can say is if original reference is inconsistent, then it's up to you which to emulate.

Hopson

I know this thread is a bit like drinking from a fire hose there is so much information some of the threads are so old all the photos are gone which makes them less then helpful,but there is also a lot here to help. I linked to that thread because it shows all the parts needed to build the droid strip. A lot of the stuff needed is still our there and not hard to find.

Laspector

Sr Member

Anyone know where you can download x-wing decals? Preferably ones that you can change the size on to fit your model?

kokkari

Sr Member

I'm working on a SS Red 5 and was wondering if anyone can identify if this is a decal or something else on the studio model? It's on the nose on the port side. I don't have a high enough res photo to see it in detail. Any help from the pros as to what it is would be greatly appreciated.
kg_studio-red5-cap-003a.jpgkg_studio-red5-cap-003a (1).jpg