The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Torsten Hallman GP Chest Protector

Vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches (Yoda Lamp)

I recently picked up these 3x vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches, which Scott scottjua theorized were used as the Lens in the ESB Yoda Lamp and used to scale his screen accurate Yoda Lamp;

I gifted 1x of the vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches to my buddy Colin db94 who also collects vintage torches as well as vintage Star Wars props for all of his help, thanks buddy Merry Christmas (y)

546.jpg

546.jpg 547.jpg 548.jpg 549.jpg 550.jpg

A very generous and unnecessary gift but I love it mate. You did exceptionally well finding these in such amazing condition - roll on Christmas :D

Vintage Real Parts Obi Saber Clamp Modification

I received an update from Dustin newmagrathea today on my vintage Real Parts Obi build, Dustin did a video on the modding of the vintage Clamp to allow the use of the vintage Transistor mod using a 8-32 threaded bolt that will fit the Romans Empire Static Clamp Spacer, first posted by James Kenobi 1138 & re posted below, my Transistors were modified by Troy Seneca on his Mill.

Obiwan Lightsaber Clamp mod

We are not completely happy with the different height positions of the Transistors and are considering options to get them closer, I would be interested to hear from others who have used this method & were able to get the Can heights the same.

nice find!
Vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches (Yoda Lamp)

I recently picked up these 3x vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches, which Scott scottjua theorized were used as the Lens in the ESB Yoda Lamp and used to scale his screen accurate Yoda Lamp;

I gifted 1x of the vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches to my buddy Colin db94 who also collects vintage torches as well as vintage Star Wars props for all of his help, thanks buddy Merry Christmas (y)

View attachment 1087960

View attachment 1087960 View attachment 1087961 View attachment 1087962 View attachment 1087963 View attachment 1087964

I found the first one and passed the auction onto Scott and I'm so happy I did, those lamps are amazing. these little things are part of SW history!

Vintage Real Parts Obi Saber Clamp Modification

I received an update from Dustin newmagrathea today on my vintage Real Parts Obi build, Dustin did a video on the modding of the vintage Clamp to allow the use of the vintage Transistor mod using a 8-32 threaded bolt that will fit the Romans Empire Static Clamp Spacer, first posted by James Kenobi 1138 & re posted below, my Transistors were modified by Troy Seneca on his Mill.

Obiwan Lightsaber Clamp mod

We are not completely happy with the different height positions of the Transistors and are considering options to get them closer, I would be interested to hear from others who have used this method & were able to get the Can heights the same.

Huge fan of Dustin! I too like the transistors with custom fitted screws. I’ve done about 6 of them now and not happy with any of them..

I can’t find 6-32 screws with a big enough head to lathe down to fit nicely inside the transistor cap.. all of them are much smaller and I epoxy them inside.. which doesn’t keep them centered

I was curious if these are 6-32 screws? The thread looks
Much larger, but even with my 6-32 screws I have to file down the squares in the clamp.

Looks like Dustin removed the same amount of material I do for my 6-32’s

Really curious about the size

Huge fan of Dustin! I too like the transistors with custom fitted screws. I’ve done about 6 of them now and not happy with any of them..

I can’t find 6-32 screws with a big enough head to lathe down to fit nicely inside the transistor cap.. all of them are much smaller and I epoxy them inside.. which doesn’t keep them centered

Much larger, but even with my 6-32 screws I have to file down the squares in the clamp.

I didn't make the transistor mods, that was all Seneca . I only wish I had a mill or metal lathe.

....... We are not completely happy with the different height positions of the Transistors and are considering options to get them closer, I would be interested to hear from others who have used this method & were able to get the Can heights the same.

One transistor is gonna be slightly taller, as it's sitting in -& on- the inner lip of the washer... thingie. I think it looks great! Your saber is gorgeous!
The transistors on mine, I splayed the little wires out, inside the clamp, to hold them in place. They hold just fine. If I handled it more, I might dab a drop or two of crazy glue to the wires & clamp (inside), to make them more secure. But for sitting under a plexi cover, I'm happy.

I didn't make the transistor mods, that was all Seneca . I only wish I had a mill or metal lathe.
Just checked my spacer.. not 6-32. This all makes sense to me now

Hi Danny I am just online, looks like you sorted the thread size issue, yeah Romans Clamp Spacer is drilled for 8-32, here are some WIP pics Troy Seneca sent during the Transistor modification;

551.jpg 552.jpg 553.jpg 554.jpg 555.jpg

One transistor is gonna be slightly taller, as it's sitting in -& on- the inner lip of the washer... thingie. I think it looks great! Your saber is gorgeous!
The transistors on mine, I splayed the little wires out, inside the clamp, to hold them in place. They hold just fine. If I handled it more, I might dab a drop or two of crazy glue to the wires & clamp (inside), to make them more secure. But for sitting under a plexi cover, I'm happy.

Thanks buddy I love seeing my vintage Obi come together, its been a long term project with help from a lot of good friends here on the RPF, in relation to the Transistors I think I worked out a solution with Dustin to calm my OCD... add the Washer to the other Transistor, then the Can heights will be the same lol!!

Hi Danny I am just online, looks like you sorted the thread size issue, yeah Romans Clamp Spacer is drilled for 8-32, here are some WIP pics Troy Seneca sent during the Transistor modification;

View attachment 1088679 View attachment 1088680 View attachment 1088681 View attachment 1088682 View attachment 1088683

Thank you for the pics

Yes I forgot I have one of romans early spacers. His new spacer and transistor replicas are 6-32

His old one is 8-32 makes so much sense now

Bulk Lot of Browning .303 MKII Guns FOUND

I have been working on a Group Purchase Deal for the past weeks, a few close friends have been in the loop.

I found a Dealer with a bulk lot of Browning .303 MKII Guns that have been stored for years, I fell off my chair when I opened the email with the photos, the guns look to be in great condition given their history & time past.

Now finding just one of these guns for the Booster is the dream of most, finding a bulk lot in this condition is an amazing find, which I wanted to share with the community as hunting these guns for the Boosters is only the first step getting them to the community is the next step, which would not be cheap or without risk...

Update:

Since my original post I have become aware of a number of RPF members (names not posted due to recent drama) who also found the Dealer at different dates, I have chatted with these members and wish to give a shout out to their hunting efforts.

556.jpg

557.jpg

558.jpg

556.jpg 557.jpg 558.jpg

Last edited:
Bulk Lot of Browning .303 MKII Guns FOUND

I have been working on this for the past weeks, a few close friends have been in the loop.

I found a Dealer with a bulk lot of Browning .303 MKII Guns that have been stored for years, I fell off my chair when I opened the email with the photos, the guns look to be in great condition given their history & time past.

Now finding just one of these guns for the Booster is the dream of most, finding a bulk lot in this condition is an amazing find, which I wanted to share with the community as hunting these guns for the Boosters is only the first step getting them to the community is the next step, which would not be cheap or without risk...

I guess you can say this was a "boost" of morale

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back